Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

Newcastle v Norwich City match thread

As I predicted, pretty much a carbon copy of Newcastle away last season. An early Newcastle goal, some decent play at times from us, Ameobi on late in the game to help to improve Newcastle''s link up play late on, 1-0 Newcastle.

1 major difference, it''s looking very grim for us this season. I still keep thinking of Vaughan on loan, Kane brought in on loan, no where to be seen today, Ayala on loan and good money spent on Turner.

It all feels very sad atm.

Really nothing there today to write home about . The early loss of Bassong stung but not sure why we farted about with Moro on his own.Starting to think that this Leeds midfield missed promotion and were in the Championship for a reason.

[quote user="ting tong"]What worries me is that I have accepted relegation already!![/quote]same here mate, with this team we are not staying up, whatever they say

[quote user="ROBFLECK"][quote user="ting tong"]What worries me is that I have accepted relegation already!![/quote]same here mate, with this team we are not staying up, whatever they say[/quote]Yep this is it... I take no positives from today... same old dross game after game... going nowhere fast but the Championship... Hughton needs to go asap.

[quote user="Jules"]Bollox.We played very well but we just can''t score.[/quote]f*** off, what''s the most important thing in football?

We did ok but that was it, just ok. Same as the West Ham game, they were there for the taking but we never really went for it. We could have had something out of this one but there really doesn''t appear to be enough emphasis on attacking football from Hughton.

It has not been a good start to the season and we need to do something about it.

We could play till the end of time and still not score.

We are tighter at the back, but that is pointless as you can only win football matches by scoring goals and we can''t score goals.

Like having a car with super breaks, but no engine!

RIP the exciting, attacking Canaries.

oh dear.. next time West ham come in with a £7 million bid for our "best" player... please take it..we could have strengthened with 2 (Possible even 3) other strikers.... all of whom would have looked far more lively than the pillsbury dough man did today.

[quote user="ROBFLECK"][quote user="Jules"]Bollox.We played very well but we just can''t score.[/quote]f*** off, what''s the most important thing in football?[/quote]

The cheer leaders?

Negative, over cautious and no ''plan b''....

What I can''t understand is why we left it the same until just 6/7 minutes remaining?? Could you ever remember Lambert not acting if it wasn''t quite working? I seriously am starting to think we''ve got this appointment wrong. It just isn''t working out and even Southampton are above us now!

Three shots on target today.  Surman should really have scored. As Kane should have last week, as Jackson should have almost every week.

[quote user="Jules"]Bollox.We played very well but we just can''t score.[/quote]Agreed. Yet again posters just look at the result and condemn. We played well but just lack some cutting edge and a bit of luck. I am worried but im certainly not going to lambast the players or demand ''Hughton out''.