Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

Newcastle v Norwich City match thread

Hoolahan and Holt have proven they play well together in the past, they understand each others game. Why bring Hoolahan in only to drop Holt?

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="technika"]its all too negative, 1 up front doesnt work ffs, b0ll0ck5 to being more organized at the back, we are still losing[/quote]Once you''ve conceded early there''s no point to this formation. [/quote]
You better inform all the other managers who play a variation of a 4-5-1 that...

[quote user="ricardo"]I have little confidence in this centre back pairing
[/quote]

I trust Leon Barnett. He may have his limitations with the ball but the guy always competes and he is probably our best attacker of the ball. I feel he''s there for the cause.

Not so sure about Turner.

[quote user="Jules"]This ref isn''t going to give anything today.[/quote]

You are so right, Swarbrick must hate us.

Never gives us anything, never has and probably never will. Anything that''s a 50/50 goes their way, and I seem to recall that being the case every time we have him.

We are getting into good positions in the final third. You just don''t believe the players will score. It''s like watching Nigel Worthington''s Norwich pre Dean Ashton. Lots of endeavour but not enough quality where it counts.

Just before that soft penalty I thought'' ''this ref is a bloody homer, he''ll be looking to give a penalty to Newcastle.'' it was that obvious.

Wes looks well worth his place. We just need a break.

Glad I''m not the only one who thought that was a massively harsh penalty, on the replay I saw he seemed to be watching the ball the whole time, didn''t really use his arms and just challenged the header. Thank god Cisse missed.

To be honest I''m not sure if I have just got my yellow and green tinted glasses on, but this ref doesn''t seem to be giving us hardly anything.

I can''t see us being given a penalty like that...Turner... well he was to blame for the goal... but not sure he''s as bad as we feel.probably the last injury we neededbetter service into the box and Hoolahoop is making a few things happen... when we don''t dwell too long and get closed down we look better going forward.... but still need more class in the box

On the positive side, I think we''re playing ok and Wes is looking good.  Maybe time for Pilks and a hungry Holt (no pun intended) as we look dangerous when sticking balls in the box (again, no pun intended).

Playing well as we have been all season (Fulham aside) and once again it''s just not happening for us. I''m starting to get the feeling that despite having a decent team and a good proven manager it''s just not gonna be our year :/ Swarbrick is also a c**t and always has been to us!

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"][quote user="Pyro Pete"]Morison gives away a penalty. How silly.[/quote]Bloke is a fucking waste of space[/quote]

Your a fucking waste of space mate.

Morison scores 10 goals last season (All of them oh so crucial) and yet he gets this type of hatred. A very harsh hatred of a NORWICH PLAYER, remember that.

Started well and then they scored and well, we just collapsed. All the previous confidence seemed to disappear and we struggled to keep possession of the ball. Turner did poorly for the first goal, he should be aware of the line of the defence, but after that made a clearance from a ball that was trickling in and made a vital interception to stop Ba running through on goal again. 
The main issue is the midfield at the minute. We have the extra man and should be using it to our full advantage, keeping the ball for long periods, and then trying to create chances. We''re playing like we would in a 4-4-2 working the ball well into wide areas and then crossing, but the two centre-backs just double up on Morison and the dangers gone. We need to bring Hoolahan into the game more often because the central areas are where we will be the most dangerous in this 4-2-3-1. If we want to work the wide areas then take off Hoolahan and bring on a striker.
This game was never going to be easy, but we''ve shown we can cause problems for Newcastle in the early parts of the game. With a few tweaks I could see us getting a point from this game, but we need to start the 2nd half well.   

Swarbrick wants shooting.. no penalty for the foul on surman yet one given at the other end for almost exactly the same thing..Alan Smith is up Newcastle’s Ar$e as well... "that was never a penalty on Surman.." "Oh yes that was a Newcastle penalty"... shut up big nose!