Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

Newcastle v Norwich City match thread

Michael Bailey''s started early on the match coverage at www.pinkun.com/liveNewcastle: Harper; Perch, Williamson, S.Taylor, Santon; Ben Arfa, Anita, Cabaye, Gutierrez (c); Cisse, Ba.Subs: Elliot, Tavernier, Bigirimana, Tiote, Sammy Ameobi, Obertan, Shola Ameobi.Norwich City: Ruddy, R Martin (c), Bassong, Barnett, Garrido, Johnson, Howson, Surman, Snodgrass, Hoolahan, Morison.

Subs: Bunn, Turner, Holt, Jackson, Pilkington, R Bennett, Tettey.

Been calling for Hughton to given Wes a go, so really glad to see him starting, and glad to see Morison being brought in for the disappointing Holt. Surman deservedly keeping his place ahead of Pilkington seems sensible too, but looking at that it''s clear to say we have a stronger bench this year with Holt, Pilkers and Jackson all eager to get on the pitch! Would be nice to see Tettey get a run out tonight too, if not, please start him on Weds!

Interesting line up... sensible decisionsIs Pilks not match fit or just benched?... really want to see better crossing / set pieces please

Good start but loss of bassong costly with turner well out of line for the goal. Come on city

[quote user="ricardo"]Turner.................say no more[/quote]

Turner reminds me of a young Gary Doherty, with more hair though.

Turner a donkey? Discuss...Great start by the lads but the Toon have taken control... I fear another beating if we continue to squander attempts on goal.One up front isn''t inspiring me to anything but a draw at best (which would be a decent result for us away).

[quote user="technika"]its all too negative, 1 up front doesnt work ffs, b0ll0ck5 to being more organized at the back, we are still losing[/quote]Once you''ve conceded early there''s no point to this formation.

I will be truly devastated if Bassong is a long term injury. Probably the last player I would pick to be out for a long spell (especially with our next run of fixtures!).