Sign in to follow this  
CanaryDodge84

Idiot, foolish, moron Norwich "fans"

Seriously............You listen to canary call and you seriously think......"It must be a joke, right!?" On about Holty looking unfit, only one up front, sack Hughton. Then you come onto this message board and it''s all the same thing. Sack Hughton, bring in Holloway....lmfao!

Get real you stupid people. Chris Hughton is in a transitional period right now. The fact is it''s going to take some time for things to fully click. If we were playing rubbish, boring mind-numbing football and creating nothing i would be worried. I am not worried one little bit. We created more than enough chances to win 2 games today. We do need to take our chances, that much is obvious. But we are knocking the ball about lovely and looked really in control for long periods today against Newcastle. We were playing patient passing build up......going back and using Ruddy to start again if no space was opening up and more often than not threatened their final third. We are a whisker away from beating good sides like today.

It will come. Nobody had a bad game. We lost by a single goal away at arguably one of the hardest sides we''ll play this season.

The only thing that really concerns me is that we have a midfield bulging with talented players and thats probably the main problem right now. How do you accomdate them all? There''s 2 and in some cases now 3 quality players vying for one starting spot. Does Hughton feel he has to play 5 in midfield to accomadate all his midfield talent? I think so!

I wouldn''t know who to leave out of that midfield right now but i do know who would be the first on my team sheet....Mr Hoolahan. He is sheer quality. Clever, intelligent and hard working. Has to start each game for me.

And to all the childish doom-mongers out there.....Have some faith in this transitional period for our club. Hughton''s a good manager, he will get it right and so will the players. Juat stick with it all and stop whinging. I promise we will be just fine this season. It''s obvious we are a decent side who just need to find that last little thing to turn good performances into points.

Whinging, groaning, moaning and being a doom-monger really doesn''t help anything does it????

people are entitled to their opinions!!! Nobody had a bad game, hey, wouldnt know who to leave out? Welcome Mr Hughton!!!

Here, here Canary Dodge, totally agree, people think we are a top six side, we are not, our league is with the expected bottom 10, with the performances i have seen (only missed Fulham) we will be ok, chances will be converted, this is the PL not the championship!!!, who''s position would you rather be in......Ipswich, not me!!!

Stopped listening to Canary call a while ago. It is one of the most horrific and cringe worthy things ever. And thats just Rob Butler. The callers are even worse.

[quote user="baldyboy"]people are entitled to their opinions!!! Nobody had a bad game, hey, wouldnt know who to leave out? Welcome Mr Hughton!!![/quote]
And we''re entitled to ridicule said opinions. 

Yes these people are morons, apart from the Fulham game we have been looking like a team with the potential to stay around in Premier league, all we need is that Goalscorer!!

thank you canary & cat- some non alcohol fuelled thoughts and sense. Some on here think that we should be top 6 and Europe every year. That is just not going to happen.

it was a closer game than I expected today. The defence performed well overall with turner improving after his slow response lead to their winner, keeping two threatening strikers relatively quiet.

I thought we attacked far better this week than last, with Morison and Hoolahan creating good chances.

Overall our midfield was quiet, with howson too anonymous before the clubs first yellow card of the season, and probably the most obvious change I would make - with either fox tettey coming in - he simply did not get forward or influence the game enough.

Surman was OK but I think Pilkington gives us more than Surman does.

So against liverpool stick with 451 with those changes

Long old way to go yet. Snowy the cat not worried so neither is Ricardo.                              

That makes three of us then Rickyyyyyy.

Hope Bassong''s injury isn''t serious. Sometimes it''s not about the best two centre backs but the best pair. Bassong and Barnett looked a good pair and solid foundation.

I believe goals will come but it would help if we were brave enough to remain patient.

Why is creating chances and not putting them away a better thing than not creating chances? Surely it''s just a different part of the team malfunctioning?

If the midfield was not creating any chances and/or the defence was leaking goals galore, would we turn around and say "oh just wait for them to find form?" Or would we be worried? Why are strikers any different?

Tough to remain patient!! I mean the result today is not so much the one I am worried about! it''s te two homegames we weren''t able to win, cause our finishing let us down. I was and still am convinced we should have added to our forward line...a striker with some credentials. I will always support City, but I am worried

TBH Aggy I think we just worry a bit too much about what we don''t have. Last season it was clean sheets. Every week somone came on here whingeing about the defence. This season it''s the strikers turn. But much of it has to do with the way the team is set out to play. The disciplines are different this season. Where we used to defend from the front we now build from the back. Defenders look better but strikers look poorer. Nobody would have Barnett at any price last season. This season he''s the bees knees but it''s the strikers taking the flak. It''s more about the way we play than individuals.

but we have not solved our clean sheets problem yet either nn ;-) only 1 in 5 games so far....

Our defence is so much better - but our goal scoring has deteriorated even faster than the back 4 have improved...

we looked best today when we defended high up the pitch - it cant be so hard to marry that midfield energy with the better defenders and redress the balance can it??

Some of our supporters do seem to be showing themselves to be rather fickle. You can understand the point about goals - two in five games is pretty feeble, and shooting practice is sorely needed - but you would have to be blind to think things are suddenly all bad. There are plenty of promising signs (despite what parts like Lawrenson say), but we do need to start to put chances away or those good things might start to fall away.

[quote user="CanaryDodge84"]Seriously............You listen to canary call and you seriously think......"It must be a joke, right!?" On about Holty looking unfit, only one up front, sack Hughton. Then you come onto this message board and it''s all the same thing. Sack Hughton, bring in Holloway....lmfao! [/quote]

Well, I don''t reckon there''s anything stopping you phoning up Canary Call and giving them your opinion, and that might even save you having to listen to people you don''t think should be allowed on the air.  But I suppose that''s easier to come on here and denounce the majority of fans from the safety of your keyboard.

I''m not sure what others saw, but on a staccato stream, Norwich looked the better side. Pardew looked a very concerned manager for much of the second half, as Norwich looked a team with plenty of confidence and belief.

Yes, the goals need to start arriving, but they are certainly not playing like a team destined to struggle all season.

I agree - pardew went 451 to match us because they were not dominating the middle - that move killed the game for us.

I saw the game in a local pub and thought that we played well. As with every game this season (Fulham obviously excepted) we were well organised, passed well and probably deserved more. I am a little bit nervous about the lack of goals, but it is still work in progress under a new manager - I don''t recall us scoring hatfuls at this stage last year either? I think that we need a win for confidence as much as anything else - the fans as well as the players.

Saw the game on HIT (highly interrupted TV). Thought we played well and dominated most of the game. Our weakness was time and again the final ball and generally poor quality crossing in to the box. Seems as if players at all set ball situations are told to send the ball long some 5 yards futher than far post. OK now and again but generally would be far more successfull if we looked for the player close to the penalty spot.

Wes was our best player but we lacked anyone who would provide a cutting edge. I would prefer to see Howson play more of an attacking game - he has looked a bit anonymous this season in a more defensive role. On his current form Johnson has been very strong in midfield and probably can cope with less support. I still do not see either Surman or Morrison making much long term impression in the Premiership.

Couple of other general points. The standard in the premiership appears in general to be somewhat lower than last year. Many average teams which currently would include even Liverpool, Spurs and Arsenal. The best news - Hughton seems to have moved away from our boring defensive displays in the pre-season games, and if we can start finding the net we should be OK.

[quote user="CanaryDodge84"]Seriously............You listen to canary call and you seriously think......"It must be a joke, right!?" On about Holty looking unfit, only one up front, sack Hughton. Then you come onto this message board and it''s all the same thing. Sack Hughton, bring in Holloway....lmfao!

Get real you stupid people. Chris Hughton is in a transitional period right now. The fact is it''s going to take some time for things to fully click. If we were playing rubbish, boring mind-numbing football and creating nothing i would be worried. I am not worried one little bit. We created more than enough chances to win 2 games today. We do need to take our chances, that much is obvious. But we are knocking the ball about lovely and looked really in control for long periods today against Newcastle. We were playing patient passing build up......going back and using Ruddy to start again if no space was opening up and more often than not threatened their final third. We are a whisker away from beating good sides like today.

It will come. Nobody had a bad game. We lost by a single goal away at arguably one of the hardest sides we''ll play this season.

The only thing that really concerns me is that we have a midfield bulging with talented players and thats probably the main problem right now. How do you accomdate them all? There''s 2 and in some cases now 3 quality players vying for one starting spot. Does Hughton feel he has to play 5 in midfield to accomadate all his midfield talent? I think so!

I wouldn''t know who to leave out of that midfield right now but i do know who would be the first on my team sheet....Mr Hoolahan. He is sheer quality. Clever, intelligent and hard working. Has to start each game for me.

And to all the childish doom-mongers out there.....Have some faith in this transitional period for our club. Hughton''s a good manager, he will get it right and so will the players. Juat stick with it all and stop whinging. I promise we will be just fine this season. It''s obvious we are a decent side who just need to find that last little thing to turn good performances into points.

Whinging, groaning, moaning and being a doom-monger really doesn''t help anything does it????[/quote]

Oh, for God''s sake. Stop moaning about moaners you moaning git.

I think Wessi gave a lot today.Changes I would make , Surman needs to sit on the bench and contemplate life for at least 90 mins, as perhaps does Howson ?Would like to see :RuddyR.Martin   Barnett    Bassong    GarridoSnodgrass   Fox     Wes     Pilkington Holt   Jackson

Lineup vs Liverpool,Im starting to think that the Leeds lads on mass is a bad idea and they missed promotion colectively with Leeds for a reason perhaps ?Bradley Johnson was also throwing his weight about at times when he didnt need toAlthough I do confess to watching it on TV so you can never get a true perspective of how good / bad someone really was unless you were at the game.Morison needs to approach his name sake chain for a job on the checkouts though tbh. Other than a dashing new hair style somewhere between George Clooney and Scottie Parker, im not seeing anything new !

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]but we have not solved our clean sheets problem yet either nn ;-) only 1 in 5 games so far.... Our defence is so much better - but our goal scoring has deteriorated even faster than the back 4 have improved... we looked best today when we defended high up the pitch - it cant be so hard to marry that midfield energy with the better defenders and redress the balance can it??[/quote]

On the other thread I compared the stats with last season''s game. They may surprise you Zip. They did me to an extent. Now I''m even more convinced we hanker after what we don''t have. You can bet if we win 3-2 next week, draw 3-3 the following week and then lose 3-2 it will be the defence getting stick again.

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]

[quote user="CanaryDodge84"]Seriously............You listen to canary call and you seriously think......"It must be a joke, right!?" On about Holty looking unfit, only one up front, sack Hughton. Then you come onto this message board and it''s all the same thing. Sack Hughton, bring in Holloway....lmfao! [/quote]

Well, I don''t reckon there''s anything stopping you phoning up Canary Call and giving them your opinion, and that might even save you having to listen to people you don''t think should be allowed on the air.  But I suppose that''s easier to come on here and denounce the majority of fans from the safety of your keyboard.

[/quote]

Thought that might have been you on canary call. So many fans with no faith, no guts, no fortitude.

Disappointing, but then I''ve read this site for a while so I know those people exist, those without the courage to support the team fully, this cowardice probably bleeds through to their everyday lives.

I would say to them If you can''t stand the heat, get out of the kitchen. Let the ones that are strong enough take this shift and once we''re scoring and winning like I know, and the rest of the strong, know we can. Then you can come back and find some other low level thing to criticise, like why we sent Vaughan on Loan or whatever.

Think our strikers are getting unfair criticism to be fair, apart from Kanes good chance against West Ham I am struggling to remember any decent chances our strikers have had, Holt in particular I only remember having a half chance against West Ham

I think everythings fantastic, we are getting points and scoring goals.... Oh wait

Seriously, I''m a little concerned at our lack of goals at the moment, but calling for CH to be sacked is plain stupid, gotta give him a fair chance. The players especially the strikers have to up their game though.