Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Hughton is the right man for the job, it's still early days.....

For all the people who are struggling to accept our new manager - one who has the class to take us forward - just remember that we are not trying to repeat last season, we are trying to improve on it.   The signs are still good.  Today was not a disaster, in fact for the first twenty minutes we were by far the better team.  

It is still early in the season.  One win can take us up the table, quite easily.   The defence looks better.   Turner was ok today after Bassong went off.  The midfield has the talent to unlock defences, the attackers have the ability to score at this level  (anyone remember last season??).  

The improvements in the teamwork are there to see, Newcastle were worried by us today and we had the chances to score.   The last four games have seen us good in possession, less panic in defence, creative in midfield and generally an overall improved look to the  team.    Now we need to get behind the team and drive them forward with our positive support.  The results will come - we just have to be PATIENT.    A difficult word for some people to understand, but it is true.    

Get behind the team and manager - from what I have seen so far this season we can match anybody for outfield play.  We can go into every game thinking we can win.   We are a better team than we were last season.     Goals?    Be patient - as I said it''s still early days. 

Finally someone posting something decent.

Agree with you. We''ve shown we can attack, and that hughton isn''t a ''defensive'' manager. Just need to finish our chances.

[quote user="lake district canary"]For all the people who are struggling to accept our new manager - one who has the class to take us forward - just remember that we are not trying to repeat last season, we are trying to improve on it.   The signs are still good.  Today was not a disaster, in fact for the first twenty minutes we were by far the better team.  

It is still early in the season.  One win can take us up the table, quite easily.   The defence looks better.   Turner was ok today after Bassong went off.  The midfield has the talent to unlock defences, the attackers have the ability to score at this level  (anyone remember last season??).  

The improvements in the teamwork are there to see, Newcastle were worried by us today and we had the chances to score.   The last four games have seen us good in possession, less panic in defence, creative in midfield and generally an overall improved look to the  team.    Now we need to get behind the team and drive them forward with our positive support.  The results will come - we just have to be PATIENT.    A difficult word for some people to understand, but it is true.    

Get behind the team and manager - from what I have seen so far this season we can match anybody for outfield play.  We can go into every game thinking we can win.   We are a better team than we were last season.     Goals?    Be patient - as I said it''s still early days. 

[/quote][IMG]http://it-lex.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/thumbs_up.jpg[/IMG]

The thing for me is, not many teams will beat Newcastle on their patch this season. Realistically it''s not one where we were ever likely to win - and actually we weren''t far off getting something.

I can understand people being concerned, but it''s not time yet. I''m convinced we will do Liverpool next week.

It''s ridiculous how many good chances we''ve had that just haven''t gone in. Clearances off the line, fantastic goalkeeper saves, hitting the woodwork, penalties we should have got. There''s not much you can do about that, if we were skying all our chances or not having any I would be way more worried.

[quote user="Sing Up The South Stand"]The thing for me is, not many teams will beat Newcastle on their patch this season. Realistically it''s not one where we were ever likely to win - and actually we weren''t far off getting something. I can understand people being concerned, but it''s not time yet. I''m convinced we will do Liverpool next week. It''s ridiculous how many good chances we''ve had that just haven''t gone in. Clearances off the line, fantastic goalkeeper saves, hitting the woodwork, penalties we should have got. There''s not much you can do about that, if we were skying all our chances or not having any I would be way more worried.[/quote]

Very good point .....we just have to be a little better than our luck ! It will come ..soon I hope ...and next week would be great :)

[quote user="lake district canary"]For all the people who are struggling to accept our new manager - one who has the class to take us forward - just remember that we are not trying to repeat last season, we are trying to improve on it.   The signs are still good.  Today was not a disaster, in fact for the first twenty minutes we were by far the better team.  

[/quote]THIS........ although I''d say the Canary call folk would chase you out with a pitch fork for this LDC..... but me I''m on board.

[quote user="Gareth"][quote user="Jacko"]No. I want everyone sacked. Including the kit man.[/quote]

I should sack you for saying that.

[/quote]

We can only keep saying "we look more solid" for so long without scoring goals or winning games....we wont get far buy losing 1-0 or drawing 0-0 every game. Somewhere along the line we will need to be more adventuous in games , whether that be , 2 out and out wingers, 2 strikers, allowing full backs more of a liscense to overlap or just making more positives subs earlier in games.

The problem with being more adventurous with 2 out and out wingers, is that the two old fashioned wingers we''ve got are injured! I think Pilks and E Bennett will be heavily involved when fit, as that''s all we are missing. Their directness.