Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

One win short of 12th place.

And how many points from rock bottom? As it stands we can''t buy a win in the league. I hope we put out a first XI against Donny and give them a good spanking to give our "strike force" confidence and, in particular, lardy Holt a chance to get some match fitness (wasn''t that what pre-season was for??)

[quote user="Wiz"]Sorry mate but thats similar to what they always say on TWTD,  they''re still rooted to the bottom through![/quote]

TWATD are supporting a club in dire straits facing a drop into L1.     We are in the mix like last season, just need that elusive win to kick start the season.

Have to agree with Highland, LDC... We haven''t got the three points and that''s the main thing. If you''re relegated on goal difference...you''re still relegated...only 2 goals from safety...that doesn''t mean anything unfortunately

[quote user="Highland Canary"]I''m not sure anyone can rightly believe that the quality of our team as compared to the rest of the PL suggests we are worthy of 12th place.[/quote]

That''s the problem - some fans don''t have the belief.   They need to see it before they believe it.  They will only believe we can beat Liverpool after it has happened.  They won''t believe that we can before hand.  They might hope we can win, but that is not the same.   We all have a different outlook but I certainly believe we can win on Saturday. If that happens and the teams above us lose or draw we would be in 12th. place.    Then would we be worthy??

That''s the truth LDC...for the moment I don''t have the belief I had at the start of last season. I don''t care about the reaction of Steady on... I''m a supporter, but I don''t think it''s pathetic to have doubts and worries at the moment. We haven''t got the three points yet and that''s a fact. I live in hope...

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Highland Canary"]I''m not sure anyone can rightly believe that the quality of our team as compared to the rest of the PL suggests we are worthy of 12th place.[/quote]

That''s the problem - some fans don''t have the belief.   They need to see it before they believe it.  They will only believe we can beat Liverpool after it has happened.  They won''t believe that we can before hand.  They might hope we can win, but that is not the same.   We all have a different outlook but I certainly believe we can win on Saturday. If that happens and the teams above us lose or draw we would be in 12th. place.    Then would we be worthy??

[/quote]

Some fans are, like me, glass half empty types LDC,  we need to see the evidence before we believe.

I envy your belief....................but I''ve seen too many false dawns I''m afraid.

[quote user="Wiz"]

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Highland Canary"]I''m not sure anyone can rightly believe that the quality of our team as compared to the rest of the PL suggests we are worthy of 12th place.[/quote]

[/quote]

Some fans are, like me, glass half empty types LDC,  we need to see the evidence before we believe.

I envy your belief....................but I''ve seen too many false dawns I''m afraid.

[/quote]

It''s not dawn though is it?   We are in the sunshine of the premiership with a good manager and a strong squad. Just need that elusive first win.

[quote user="Wiz"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Negative people love being negative. It gives them a false sense of superiority, that "they" and only "they" are expert enough to really know what''s going on. Positive people are all sheep, right?

All negative people honestly believe that they know better than the manager, even a manager with the credentials of Hughton. Here''s a news flash negative nancies, YOU DON''T!

[quote user="SNAP"].....one draw away from a return to The Championship.[/quote]

Sorry, I must have missed the news. Have they brought the season to a premature end, out of respect to John Terry having to withdraw from international football? If so I''m well pi**ed off; thought I had another 17 games to go to.

Steady on... I don''t see myself as negative, just realistic... I know a win and a few lucky breaks can change everything. I''m not writing the team off yet and I don''t want the manager sacked...Just a fact: We have lost 4 points at home already imo

[quote user="ROBFLECK"]Steady on... I don''t see myself as negative, just realistic... I know a win and a few lucky breaks can change everything. I''m not writing the team off yet and I don''t want the manager sacked...Just a fact: We have lost 4 points at home already imo[/quote]

ahh the "realistic" crew. Your just negative but self-loathing negative

Up y%ùrs SO, I was there against Colchester and I was at the Munich game, in Munich so don''t question my pedigree as a City fan, nor my views on the present situation. I''ve got the right to share my opinion

If you''re blind to the things that are going wrong you''re just not watching the games yourself! Yes we kept the ball well, it''s true...but we can''t score neither and that''s reality mate, so wake up!

[quote user="ROBFLECK"]Up y%ùrs SO, I was there against Colchester and I was at the Munich game, in Munich so don''t question my pedigree as a City fan, nor my views on the present situation. I''ve got the right to share my opinion

If you''re blind to the things that are going wrong you''re just not watching the games yourself! Yes we kept the ball well, it''s true...but we can''t score neither and that''s reality mate, so wake up![/quote]

I don''t care what games you were at. But you ARE a self loathing negative that hides behind the veil of "realism" and you are by no means alone.

From our performances I believe we have the ability to take three points from most of the teams in this league. But, obviously at the moment I don''t think we can. I''m hoping he doesn''t play too much of a fringe team against Doncaster on wednesday, get the first XI some confidence from that game and then let''s show Liverpool what for when they bring their sorry selves down to Carrow Road!

[quote user="Steady On..."][quote user="ROBFLECK"]Up y%ùrs SO, I was there against Colchester and I was at the Munich game, in Munich so don''t question my pedigree as a City fan, nor my views on the present situation. I''ve got the right to share my opinion

If you''re blind to the things that are going wrong you''re just not watching the games yourself! Yes we kept the ball well, it''s true...but we can''t score neither and that''s reality mate, so wake up![/quote]

I don''t care what games you were at. But you ARE a self loathing negative that hides behind the veil of "realism" and you are by no means alone.[/quote] You don''t have a clue who I am, if I were such a negative guy I would''ve become a tiourist and started "supporting" Manure or some club like that...cause they win things...they are by no means alone either! No I support my club whatever happens, but there''s nothing wrong in trying to be a realist. That doesn''t mean I''m gonna be right...I hope I am not , don''t get me wrong! :-)

[quote user="ROBFLECK"][quote user="Steady On..."][quote user="ROBFLECK"]Up y%ùrs SO, I was there against Colchester and I was at the Munich game, in Munich so don''t question my pedigree as a City fan, nor my views on the present situation. I''ve got the right to share my opinion

I don''t care what games you were at. But you ARE a self loathing negative that hides behind the veil of "realism" and you are by no means alone.[/quote] You don''t have a clue who I am, if I were such a negative guy I would''ve become a tiourist and started "supporting" Manure or some club like that...cause they win things...they are by no means alone either! No I support my club whatever happens, but there''s nothing wrong in trying to be a realist. That doesn''t mean I''m gonna be right...I hope I am not , don''t get me wrong! :-)[/quote]

Classic quote, every "realist" comes out with.

"I hope I''m proved wrong"

Just the biggest cop out in the world, if you are wrong you won''t acknowledge you were wrong you''ll just skulk away. Nt bank god we''ve got boo-boys like you to support the team. Brilliant.

Ah but what if you are wrong, Steady On? What if we do go down? Will you just skulk away? And just to make things clear, I am optimistic myself about this season but I am also ''realistic'' (self-loathing?) enough to know that nailing one''s colours firmly to one mast and shouting down anyone who thinks differently is a dangerous tactic to adopt.

[quote user="dpit"]Ah but what if you are wrong, Steady On? What if we do go down? Will you just skulk away? And just to make things clear, I am optimistic myself about this season but I am also ''realistic'' (self-loathing?) enough to know that nailing one''s colours firmly to one mast and shouting down anyone who thinks differently is a dangerous tactic to adopt.[/quote]

What''s the worst that can happen? Load of moaning old boys on the Internet don''t like me anymore? I think I can live with that. Now hands up, which one of you called canary call yesterday and gave the "let''s get redknapp before the binners" speech. Because that bloke must be on here. If he can operate a computer that is, I think he was having trouble operating a telephone.

[quote user="Steady On..."][quote user="ROBFLECK"][quote user="Steady On..."][quote user="ROBFLECK"]Up y%ùrs SO, I was there against Colchester and I was at the Munich game, in Munich so don''t question my pedigree as a City fan, nor my views on the present situation. I''ve got the right to share my opinion

I don''t care what games you were at. But you ARE a self loathing negative that hides behind the veil of "realism" and you are by no means alone.[/quote] You don''t have a clue who I am, if I were such a negative guy I would''ve become a tiourist and started "supporting" Manure or some club like that...cause they win things...they are by no means alone either! No I support my club whatever happens, but there''s nothing wrong in trying to be a realist. That doesn''t mean I''m gonna be right...I hope I am not , don''t get me wrong! :-)[/quote]

Classic quote, every "realist" comes out with.

"I hope I''m proved wrong"

Just the biggest cop out in the world, if you are wrong you won''t acknowledge you were wrong you''ll just skulk away. Nt bank god we''ve got boo-boys like you to support the team. Brilliant.[/quote] B*ll*ckss, I never boo the team!!!!!

[quote user="Steady On..."][quote user="dpit"]Ah but what if you are wrong, Steady On? What if we do go down? Will you just skulk away? And just to make things clear, I am optimistic myself about this season but I am also ''realistic'' (self-loathing?) enough to know that nailing one''s colours firmly to one mast and shouting down anyone who thinks differently is a dangerous tactic to adopt.[/quote]

What''s the worst that can happen? Load of moaning old boys on the Internet don''t like me anymore? I think I can live with that. Now hands up, which one of you called canary call yesterday and gave the "let''s get redknapp before the binners" speech. Because that bloke must be on here. If he can operate a computer that is, I think he was having trouble operating a telephone.[/quote]

I never listen to that cr@p

You missed the point. If we do go down, will you admit you were wrong?

For me, ''hair trigger,the sky is falling in pessimists'' and ''fingers in the ears, nah nah nah, everything is always ok, cos we are NORWICH optimists'' are two sides of the same coin.