Sign in to follow this  
Number 9

Cup Team

I believe that a full strength team should play on Wed to try and win with a hatfull of goals and get us kick started.

Let''s hope Hughton doesn''t change it much, we need a confident win.

But this depends upon what the ''full strength'' team is as I have little confidence in Morrison or Jackson scoring in the Premiership and it could be a good opportunity to try something else.

Morison and Jackson haven''t changed, they will likely not be prolific, we knew that already.

Holt and Harry with Wes and Pills would suit.

I''m inclined to agree, I think there will be changes but I want to see the core of first team starters playing to hopefully get some confidence from a win.

I''d let Bunn have a runout but keep the back four from yesterday as it might be the same 4 playing against Liverpool.

Personally I would like to see Hoolahan play in a 442 and disprove the myth, either Johnson or Tettey partnering. Then Snodgrass and Pilkington on the wings and up front Holt and a runout for Kane to show what he can do over 90 mins.

That''ll do nicely Morty, don''t sub any strikers until they get a hatrick. Liverpool are there for the taking providing we are confident and taking our chances, this game on wed is a fantastic opportunity to sharpen the pencil.

Pretty much agree with that - I would say that the main thing is to get Holt back in form. I think a goal is what he needs and would hopefully get some chances to put away if he starts.

I hope that CH doesn''t play a full first team, whatever that is. It''s too near the week-end, and we don''t need any injuries or even tiredness. It promises to be a very competitive game, and Doncaster will be up for it.

Clearly Bassong won''t play, although we hope that he will be fit for Liverpool. I think it''s a good opportunity to play Butterfield, Tettey and perhaps Fox, although they may not play the full match. Bennett R surely has to play although who will be alongside him is not clear. Other than this, it may be a case of assessing who has niggles and should be rested.