Sign in to follow this  
Gingerpele

Bradley Johnson.

Also, who reckons Johnson would come out on top of a Norwich City fight club? He had his hand wrapped up yesterday, reckon he''s been smacking Moro for being lazy?

Garrido for me - consistently good.

BJ has been far better this season than last; he has added greater consistency although his passing can still be frustrating; he has suprised me with both how well he has done and by just how far he has outshone howson. Well played BJ

Yep, Johnson has been fantastic. Agree with ZLF that Garrido is a good shout too.As for Bradley, he''s clearly worked hard over pre-season, looks very...`dependable` in midfield. Fantastic engine too. His passing as ZLF said isn''t all there but its a massive improvement over last season. He''s won the ball regularly so far and not given it away half as much.

He should put in more assists up top, rather than trying to run the shifts down the channels

just saying

[quote user="City1st"]

He should put in more assists up top, rather than trying to run the shifts down the channels

just saying

[/quote]

Totally agree. I have lost count of the number of times he just runs into trouble with the ball while his head is down, rather than looking for other options. I also note his improvement but, if he gets and listens to coaching on the aforementioned point, he could add a whole lot more. 

Yep, BJ has been playing really well - and should he venture forward (Yaya Toure style) we have intelligent midfielders to cover for him as he goes - that would add something significant to our team''s intention to create a goal.

Think b Johnson was very wayward with his passing in the west ham game and a bit in the Newcastle game.

For me garrido, bassong and ruddy. We have voices in our back line, communication, leadership and class. They have performed each game and our other players now have to reach that level as we are 10% through this season

Yes, he''s been good this season. Always likely to shine given Hughton''s uber-defensive approach.

Ironic that this thread is created after the Newcastle game though! He was poor, constantly caught in possession and lucky not to have cost us goals. I''d lucky to see what Tettey can do after that performance.

Johnson still gives the ball away too easily sometimes to be regarded as being that good.    Snodgrass  isn''t always as effective so far as I thought he would be.  Is he one of these that blows hot and cold?  Howson looks good in spells, Hoolahan I though looked good on Sunday.    Surman looked good in spells too.  Would still like to see Fox on the field at some point. His passing is better than Johnson.So for all the talent on the books, getting the various combinations to work is going to be interesting to see. For me I would still like to see Pilks and Benno out wide with Fox and Howson in the middle.  Jackson and Holt up front.   Our best passers with the best strikers (arguably!). 

LDC, I agree with your point on Fox and and Pilky and Benno are our best wingers! Why not try the combination Hoolahan and Holt up front? Just thinking, cause they really understand each other. I hope Butterfield hits the ground running, so the options and the competition for places gets even hotter.

Interesting to see Bassong getting mentions. Am I alone in thinking that Barnett has arguably outperformed Bassong since they were paired together? Don;t get me wrong i think Bassong is an excellent player and his presence in the team has undoubtedly improved our defence but he has given away one penalty and on another day might have had one given against him at Spurs as well. 2 pens in his first 2 games and it would have been interesting to see if he was getting as much praise as he currently is.

Of our players so far I would say Snodgrass, Johnson and Garrido have been the pick of the bunch. I also think Ruddy looks much more assured and composed in comparison to last season. The confidence of his England squad place has obviously done him good.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]

Interesting to see Bassong getting mentions. Am I alone in thinking that Barnett has arguably outperformed Bassong since they were paired together? Don;t get me wrong i think Bassong is an excellent player and his presence in the team has undoubtedly improved our defence but he has given away one penalty and on another day might have had one given against him at Spurs as well. 2 pens in his first 2 games and it would have been interesting to see if he was getting as much praise as he currently is.

Of our players so far I would say Snodgrass, Johnson and Garrido have been the pick of the bunch. I also think Ruddy looks much more assured and composed in comparison to last season. The confidence of his England squad place has obviously done him good.

[/quote]
I was literally then looking through the thread to see if anyone else had mentioned Barnett. It seems odd to mention Bassong but not Barnett when they play off of each other so well. Barnett even performed well enough when Bassong went off. 
For me:Barnett/Bassong duo
Johnson
Garrido

No Jim - not alone. Barnett has been excellent since coming back into the team as has been Bassong. Both would be among my best players so far, together with Garrido and Snodgrass.

The stronger defence might also account for Ruddy looking more assured/ composed.