Sign in to follow this  
H4H

to all you keyboard bashing 'fans'

I really hope most of the drivel on here is written by kids who expect us to win every game and if we don’t hopefully their other team Man Utd or Chelsea win – I say this as 95% of these posts are so embarrassing that I question why I still look at this message board!

In the good old days, you used to be able to come on here and have some sensible discussion with sensible fans about all things good and bad NCFC related, I put emphasise on the word sensible. Now its full of absurd threads about sacking the manager (after 5 games because he’s not Mourino), criticizing players and constant slating of other fans/posters, its so miserable!

I follow city home and away, but that doesn’t make me a ‘better’ fan than those who support the club from abroad or those who follows the club from the comfort of the armchair... I enjoy going to the games, I enjoy the banter before and after with mates and I LOVE watching NCFC play football, who ever we play and what ever league we are in.

Either a lot of people on here need to take a step away from this board and get some realisation on all matters NCFC or they should go and post messages on there other clubs boards, because at present, Norwich who are a relatively small club have a very decent manager, are playing some very good football and have a board that will back this club to the hilt.

I hope, like everyone else that we start scoring some goals, but I can’t complain with the effort that the team and management are putting in at the moment, things were never going to be easy after Lambert left, but the club is still holding its own in the best league in the world, sadly it’s a minority of the keyboard bahsing fans that are dragging it down!

I would piss myself if I supported another club and came on here to read some of these posts... its embarrassing!

OTBC

This ^^

I now avoid coming on here after a defeat for a couple of days because of all the knee jerk reaction posts, we can criticise aspects of the play, performances tactical decisions without screaming for sackings etc just take a minute to breath before posting.

ZZZZzzz

Well points dont lie do they, were firing blanks

And dropping points.

The fact is, many said we needed to invest in

At least one more forward/striker, yet we didnt

And now we are paying the price.

Had we invested in a decent striker i think we would

have at least another 4 points on the board and

there would be a much more positive atmosphere

around the fans, and this would help the team push on

Further. As it is, the fans are nervous and its

Effecting the club.

[quote user="H4H"]

In the good old days, you used to be able to come on here and have some sensible discussion with sensible fans about all things good and bad NCFC related, I put emphasise on the word sensible. Now its full of absurd threads about sacking the manager (after 5 games because he’s not Mourino), criticizing players and constant slating of other fans/posters, its so miserable!

[/quote]

Hey, you know, everybody''s talkin'' about the good old days, right
Everybody, the good old days, the good old days
Well, let''s talk about the good old days
Come to think of it as, as bad as we think they are
these will become the good old days for our children, hum
Why don''t we, ah

Try to remember that kind of September, when
When life was slow and oh, so mellow, hum
Try to remember, and if you remember then follow

Oh, why does it seem the past is always better
We look back and think
The winters were warmer
The grass was greener
The skies were bluer
And smiles were bright

Can it be that it was all so simple then
Or has time rewritten every line
And if we had the chance to do it all again
Tell me
Would we
Could we......

The place has always been the same buddy. There''s good discussion on here if you bother to look for it....

Just a bunch of PLEBS, same as the PLEBS that go on canary call to moan...... Or maybe their scum fans trying to fill their empty life''s.......

[quote user="H4H"]

I really hope most of the drivel on here is written by kids who expect us to win every game and if we don’t hopefully their other team Man Utd or Chelsea win – I say this as 95% of these posts are so embarrassing that I question why I still look at this message board!

I follow city home and away, but that doesn’t make me a ‘better’ fan than those who support the club from abroad or those who follows the club from the comfort of the armchair... I enjoy going to the games, I enjoy the banter before and after with mates and I LOVE watching NCFC play football, who ever we play and what ever league we are in.

Either a lot of people on here need to take a step away from this board and get some realisation on all matters NCFC or they should go and post messages on there other clubs boards, because at present, Norwich who are a relatively small club have a very decent manager, are playing some very good football and have a board that will back this club to the hilt.

I hope, like everyone else that we start scoring some goals, but I can’t complain with the effort that the team and management are putting in at the moment, things were never going to be easy after Lambert left, but the club is still holding its own in the best league in the world, sadly it’s a minority of the keyboard bahsing fans that are dragging it down!

I would piss myself if I supported another club and came on here to read some of these posts... its embarrassing!

OTBC

[/quote]

Spot on mate, eloquently put

Brilliant post mate. I''m all for sensible debate, but people really do need a sense of realism.

For anyone on this messageboard that were supporting the club from around 2006 to 2009, and the relegation that ensued to league 1, really should note just how far the club has come and that there''s an awful lot ''right'' about our club at the moment.

Yes, we all know our scoring problem needs to be fixed, but in the grand scheme of things I am more than happy with he direction our club is going. Without wishing to be defeatist, you really do need to realise that as a club who came into this Premier League in substantial debt, we are currently punching above our weight against some of the wealthiest teams in the world, in certainly the biggest and most watched league in the world.

It''s bloody tough in this league. We are coming up against multi million pound strikers. If we had Ba or a Cisse n our team, we would be bloody good, but that costs a heck of a lot of money that the reality is we just don''t have right now.

If we can survive this season, our player budget will be substantially higher next season. For this year we all need to stick together, back the manager and support the club in the aim of being a PL team again next season. Nobody ever said it would be easy, it will be a close run thing. But we can do it if we stick together.

2nd season was always going to be a major test after last year. We will never know, but I believe Lambert would have found the going tough also.

In Hughton I trust. He is a good manager.

As Flecky76 said, we all need to stick together as one, but unfortunately the minority are always the loudest so we are already losing half the battle. I genuinely believe that when the crowd are behind the team it reflects on the pitch, Wigan at home last year there were so many people moaning and you could see it effect the players.

I am not concerned this season yet, the performances are there which means the results are not far away, I would be concerned however if we were playing terrible but we are not.

The strikers are also coming in for a bit of unfair flack, they haven''t had hardly any decent chances come their way (except Kane vs West Ham) so I believe thats something we need to work on and Pilks returning will be a huge huge boost.

Ellis206 wrote: "I genuinely believe that when the crowd are behind the team it reflects

on the pitch, Wigan at home last year there were so many people moaning

and you could see it effect the players"
Agree with most of the posts on this thread.   The destructive noisy minority are a by product of the ease at which everybody can have a voice these days.   You can''t say boo to a goose anywhere these days without someone telling you off so forums like this give everyone a chance to let off steam without any real comeback, because it is largely anonymous.    You can only make a noise back so they don''t get fully away with their destructive talk!

I also think that the negativity in a crowd comes across to players.   I am convinced that the character of the way clubs play is influenced by the kind of support they have.   We have a fantastic ground and on the whole brilliant support. But I think that the premiership has meant alot of fans have had to adjust their support accordingly.   Some have been too much in awe of the big names and got too nervous. Some think our players are not good enough and never will be because we don''t spend millions and millions - so they would rather complain about that instead of getting behind what we''ve got.   Instead of accepting the reality of where the club is financially, they would apparently rather be unhappy with things and run down what we have.    The positivity shown in the Lambert era should have shown the fans the way forward.  Get behind the team and show  them you want them to do well  - the best support if  things are going badly is to simply roar the players on.

We need to score soon, but it only takes one goal - and if our defence continues its improvement - things will seem alot better.

I think a crowd''s response is determined by the character and mindset of the team, which reflects that of the manager.If you know the team are going to have a go and try to win the game, you will be more vocal and supportive than if you believe the team''s first priority is to not concede a goal and then to try and pick up a goal on the break or in a rare attack.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]I think a crowd''s response is determined by the character and mindset of the team, which reflects that of the manager.

If you know the team are going to have a go and try to win the game, you will be more vocal and supportive than if you believe the team''s first priority is to not concede a goal and then to try and pick up a goal on the break or in a rare attack.

[/quote]

Bang-on again, Mr Chops.