Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

Bassong Injury

If the initial reports are correct, he has a hamstring injury.

Hamstring injury normally means between a 3-6 week absence depending on the severity. He didn''t look to be in agony, either at the moment of injury or later on sitting on the bench which suggests a Grade I or II tear as opposed to the more severe Grade III complete tear.

Looking at the fixtures, he''ll definitely miss the league games against Liverpool and Chelsea before the international break.

Could be back in training near the Arsenal game (October 20th) with the home game against Stoke (November 3rd) a more realistic target.

Imo , that means we can forget a result against any of the next three opponents... judging the Turner performance... sorry but that''s just how I feel about it. He was at fault for the only goal yesterday and Bassong''s been brilliant for us. I hope Bennett gets another chance

Very mild hamstring. He is clearly a clever professional and game off as soon as he felt it before it became a major problem. Hopefully he will be fit for Liverpool. Would be a pit to break up the partnership with Leon which has been one of the few highlights so far this season. To many would have carried on and made it much worse

[quote user="ROBFLECK"]Imo , that means we can forget a result against any of the next three opponents... judging the Turner performance... sorry but that''s just how I feel about it. He was at fault for the only goal yesterday and Bassong''s been brilliant for us. I hope Bennett gets another chance[/quote]Put yourself in Turner''s shoes, you''re watching the game and just as it''s begun Bassong has gone down injured and you are thrust onto the pitch. Not only are you not warmed up but mentally you''re not in the game and before you know it you''ve played Ba onside and conceded. Other than that understandable blip he had a great game clearing the ball off the line and other sensational blocks and interceptions. Are you telling me our most experienced player isn''t good enough?

[quote user="ROBFLECK"]Imo , that means we can forget a result against any of the next three opponents... judging the Turner performance... sorry but that''s just how I feel about it. He was at fault for the only goal yesterday and Bassong''s been brilliant for us. I hope Bennett gets another chance[/quote]

Bit of a ridiculous comment really..