Sign in to follow this  
smooth

Tettey and his goal celebration ;)

Loved it running to the bench and having a drink. His positioning, his pace for 90mins, his range of passing and his strength was great. Going forward he Can shoot from range, a great finish. His tackling and overall midfield play was exactly what I wanted in that midfield role.

He showed tonight that he and Howson would be an exceptional midfield and our best midfield pairing. But I do want to see this goal celebration each time he scores ;)

Been wanting that midfield all rounder with pace and strength and he was exceptional for his first game. I can see him starting in a few games, just a little more sharpness and we will have a very talented midfielder on our hands.

Well Johnson has been better than Howson so far this season, so surely if Tetty is to start, it''s Howson who should be dropped?

But he was pretty impressive. Maybe a little wreck less at times, but his first game and the whole team were not really playing at full pelt.

It''s not always about which individual has played best. Which two players would work the best together. I''m hesitant to suggest one way or the other at the moment, as I''ve not seen enough of Tettey to say.

I know it''s not just about who played best, but surely unless Johnson and Tetty doesn''t work in training, Johnson deserves to keep his place? If not, I''ll leave the game before it starts :P

Apart from the goal the best thing about him was how quickly he moved the ball around. We have been so slow at times this season, it was great to see a player happy to pass and move but also look so confident on the ball.

Tettey is that midfielder we have been shouting for his pace for the full 90 mins was superb, fox drifts all game around the centre circle, that is his role, but tettey was covering full back, playing wide and even at times was actually ahead of the strikers. He was every where never lost his man in the centre of park, he did out wide once but made up for that.

Our midfield would be pretty work man like however if you had Johnson and tettey, Howson is our class in midfield and he is showing it, but I do feel he is fitting a role.

To be honest thought at the west ham game b Johnson was our worst player not able to make any pass and often was out of position. Howson can get past a man can be creative and so for tettey and Howson you would have that little bit of everthing you need in a midfield pairing.

Think tettey may be on the bench for this weekend, but I do think once he plays Tottenham on the cup he will be ready for first team action alongside Howson

[quote user="Gingerpele"]I know it''s not just about who played best, but surely unless Johnson and Tetty doesn''t work in training, Johnson deserves to keep his place? If not, I''ll leave the game before it starts :P[/quote]

Howson hasn''t been impressive, but given that he''s been playing out of position in the role Fox would excel I don''t think he can be played. I''d really like to see fox start and Howson treated as an attacking

The Leeds triplet have been exactly what Leeds fans said about them:

Jonny Howson = A good all round footballer that played in an advanced role can pick off teams but has a tendency to go missing further back down the spine.

Bradley Johnson = Works hard every game and tireless running. Powerful shot but never actually hits the target and can''t pass.

Robert Snodgrass = The best of the lot, has tricks in abundance and can score goals but lacks pace and can''t cross a decent ball.

This was the opinion of the majority of Leeds fans shortly after each player left and it''s reflected how they have played for us.

I''d like to see a 4-4-1-1

Ruddy

R. Martin Bennett Bassong Garrido

E. Bennett Tettey Howson Pilkington

Snodgrass

Holt

Howson put of position?

I don''t think so... CM is his position, that''s where he has been playing. He hasn''t been playing the fox role, as that consists of staying in a limited area and just passing, Howson gets all over the pitch.

And also, when Howson played further forward for us on a couple of occasions last season he did very little. Home against Everton he scored, but that was pretty much all he did first half, moved to CM second half and was fantastic.

All of Howsons best displays have been from CM when he can play as an all round midfielder.

[quote user="Aggy"]It''s not always about which individual has played best. Which two players would work the best together. I''m hesitant to suggest one way or the other at the moment, as I''ve not seen enough of Tettey to say.[/quote]

Sensible post.