Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

A Minutes Silence or Applause Tonight Or Saturday.

My preference would be a minutes silence on saturday.That is based on some fans will still be unaware of the passing of JB this evening and on saturday City fans will be in attendance in greater numbers.We are a big family and many of that family will not be there tonight.

No disrespect to Mr McNally who has said on Twitter that there will be an opportunity tonight for fans to pay their respects but i think that the club should gauge what fans want and not do anything hasty.

Tonight is the night for maybe flowers at the Club gates for those that wish to show their initial feelings on the sad loss.

Please add your views and thoughts as we know that this messgeboard is viewed by officials at NCFC.

It only needs one person to start clapping and everyone follows, which rules out the silent approach. I think it''s a bit of a shame as I prefer the minutes silence. I just feel it''s a bit more respectful

I really hope that the club do something to allow us to pay our respects both tonight AND Saturday. John Bond deserves to be remembered by a Norwich City full house as we will have on Saturday.

Definitely should be Saturday IMO, and also remind Liverpool of their defeats under him over the Tannoy.  [:D]

Silence, please let it be silence. I can''t stand minutes applause, it''s a case of let''s all do something we do lots at football matches anyway (unless you are at Portman Rd of course) To stay silent takes effort, anyone can make a noise.

I would argue for a minute''s silence on Saturday, in part because Liverpool fans will undoubtedly also have strong memories of Bond, which probably doesn''t apply to Doncaster supporters.

[quote user="Chrisr"]Silence, please let it be silence. I can''t stand minutes applause, it''s a case of let''s all do something we do lots at football matches anyway (unless you are at Portman Rd of course) To stay silent takes effort, anyone can make a noise.[/quote]Precisely.The vast majority of decent football fans need to support this and admit that far from being ''a celebration of life'' a minute of applause was only ever brought in to drown out the idiots who cannot remain silent for a minute.RIP Bondy. Everyone should take the opportunity to think for a minute about what he did for our club.

I''d imagine something will happen on Saturday as well. I think the club maybe think that they have to do something tonight as well, but will be more than aware that attendance will be 10K or so down.

Saturday.  A bigger crowd and Bond''s greatest single moment was his win at Anfield 3-1 in 1975.  We beat the greatest team of the day and one of the greatest ever.  What better opponents for him to be remembered with?

Agree with everyone here, a minutes silence in remembrance is far more poignant.I don''t know if our Club reads these pages but felt that I had to post.A hushed ground is a more thoughtful and moving tribute.NMTD.

Oh and I definitely think a minuets silence is better than applause. I get why the applause thing has come in, but I don''t agree with it

A minutes silence on Saturday is the tribute he deserves. There will be many there tonight who are not regulars, so why not do a minutes applause tonight and a minutes silence on Saturday? That way more fans can show their appreciation.

I have to say I like the applause idea. I think the great man would like that.  He was larger than life and would have appreciated a  more flamboyant touch - after all  it is a celebration of who he was and what he did for our club imo.   Make a noise - let him hear it, wherever he is. 

[quote user="lake district canary"]I have to say I like the applause idea. I think the great man would like that.  He was larger than life and would have appreciated a  more flamboyant touch - after all  it is a celebration of who he was and what he did for our club imo.   Make a noise - let him hear it, wherever he is. 

[/quote]

I''m not a fan of the applause idea generally. But isn''t there a way of having both? You have a minute''s silence (or 45 seconds'' worth) followed by 15 seconds of applause. You usually get the applause bit anyway, after the silence, to break the tension.

TotallyaAgree Purple, a minutes silence followed by applause, giving a mark of respect and celebration.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]

[quote user="lake district canary"]I have to say I like the applause idea. I think the great man would like that.  He was larger than life and would have appreciated a  more flamboyant touch - after all  it is a celebration of who he was and what he did for our club imo.   Make a noise - let him hear it, wherever he is. 

[/quote]

I''m not a fan of the applause idea generally. But isn''t there a way of having both? You have a minute''s silence (or 45 seconds'' worth) followed by 15 seconds of applause. You usually get the applause bit anyway, after the silence, to break the tension.

[/quote]

I should add that of course it is what kind of tribute the family wants that matters most.

As I said on the other thread, John Bond was before my time - but wouldn''t it only be fair to be Silent/Applaud today AND on saturday? Some people that may want to share in the moment might not be able be at Carrow Road on saturday but maybe able to tonight. By the sounds of it Bond is well worth two rounds of silence and a standing ovation.

[quote user="Resident Canary Stig"]As I said on the other thread, John Bond was before my time - but wouldn''t it only be fair to be Silent/Applaud today AND on saturday? Some people that may want to share in the moment might not be able be at Carrow Road on saturday but maybe able to tonight. By the sounds of it Bond is well worth two rounds of silence and a standing ovation.[/quote]

Totally agree Stig...well said that man!

Part of me wants a minutes silence on Saturday to see whether those marvellous football loving scousers can show another Club the kind of respect they demand for themselves. I could well imagine they couldn''t any more than they can''t stay off the unfenced pitch or sit in the seats.

Perhaps a minutes applause will negate this, especially if they can do it without singing about their own trevails.

God, I so badly want win this match and now too as a tribute to John Bond.

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]

Part of me wants a minutes silence on Saturday to see whether those marvellous football loving scousers can show another Club the kind of respect they demand for themselves. I could well imagine they couldn''t any more than they can''t stay off the unfenced pitch or sit in the seats.

Perhaps a minutes applause will negate this, especially if they can do it without singing about their own trevails.

God, I so badly want win this match and now too as a tribute to John Bond.

[/quote]

Agree with every single word.

This is just a wild guess, but maybe who ever decided a minuets silence tonight, and a mins applause on Saturday had that in mind Rudolph. It wouldn''t surprise me. Away fans aren''t the most controllable bunch, and Liverpool do have a reputation.