Sign in to follow this  
Yorkshire  Canary

Spurs Tickets

Anr presumably the club will take measures to ban season ticket holders who go the game last night from attending. Suddenly the "I can''t take the time off", "I can''t afford it" brigade will find time and cash aplenty to see a "big team". You know who you are!

[quote user="Mungo Bumpkin"]Anr presumably the club will take measures to ban season ticket holders who go the game last night from attending. Suddenly the "I can''t take the time off", "I can''t afford it" brigade will find time and cash aplenty to see a "big team". You know who you are![/quote]Is this better or worse than the families who will inevitably be unable to attend now due to inevitable increased ticket prices? Troll.

If the club banned non-attending season ticket holders (and there were plenty round me) there would be lots of tickets for the little kiddies and orphans who went to last night''s game to see Tottingham. If you''ve got a ticket stub from last night, you get a Spurs ticket. If you haven''t, you dont.

I heard someone say "so is this the Barclay then?" when standing outside the N and P last night...There were definitely a lot of "casuals" at the match yesterday.Having said that... what''s wrong with new people going to games that they can get tickets for? There is a definite sense of snobbery amongst season ticket holders that I know (about 25 or so) but then I suppose that I''m guilty as well. We were all casuals once. My first game was the playoff final so that makes me a glory hunter! Didnt feel like much of a glory hunter on the way back from Newcastle mind you [;)]

There were still quite a few season ticket holders such as myself that went to both the Scunthorpe and Doncaster games, albeit i accept that many chose not to go for whatever reason. If you look back on recent years league cup performances and i have been to them all you cannot blame them, last season was a classic example. Hughton is likely to field a reasonably strong side v Spurs and it is the last 16 now so everyone should be getting interested now

indeed, without the casuals last night the attendance would have been embarassing, 2-3 thousand or so. Where I sit (100% season ticket holders) I recognised a few more faces than at the Scunny game but the vast majoirty of the season ticket holders weren''t there. Again.

[quote user="Mungo Bumpkin"]If the club banned non-attending season ticket holders (and there were plenty round me) there would be lots of tickets for the little kiddies and orphans who went to last night''s game to see Tottingham. If you''ve got a ticket stub from last night, you get a Spurs ticket. If you haven''t, you dont.[/quote]

Burke.  What about those who would have liked to have gone, but family or work commitments dictated otherwise.  Really haven''t thought it through, have you.

[quote user="Mungo Bumpkin"]indeed, without the casuals last night the attendance would have been embarassing, 2-3 thousand or so. Where I sit (100% season ticket holders) I recognised a few more faces than at the Scunny game but the vast majoirty of the season ticket holders weren''t there. Again.[/quote]

Well I ask''d Kevin, the head steward in the Lower Barclay last night if he had been given the all clear to work with Children, Then at the final whistle it took ages to get out, perhaps they had to be met by thier mom''s at the gate,   Only saw 2 other season ticket holders that I knew, but I''m not knocking the Absent one''s as I have nothing stopping me from attending, If my wife said I can''t go she will need to contact her solicitor for divorce procedings.Anyone who knocks people for not attending should ask themselfs a question, How hard is it to get a ticket for a league match? how hard would it be if all season ticket holders went to cup matches? In fact, You should thank them for allowing you to have thier seat, they are only being curtious to the NONE S/T FANS     

I don''t have a problem with the casuals attending last night as most of the time these are the only games for which they can get tickets....some of those last night may have been season ticket holders that sat in different places for a change.(as in my case)..the problem I have is for the likes of people who I & you all know, will move heaven & earth to get a ticket for the Liverpool game beg, steal & borrow from season ticket holders etc etc, moan & groan like hell if they can''t get one & then not bother to get a ticket for a game like Doncaster....these people are so called Norwich fans, but only want to see the big clubs. I support Norwich & will go to watch them no matter who the opposition is....these are the same happy clappy brigrade that pee themselves jump up out of their seat & clap themselves stupid everytime Gerrard gets the ball...makes me sick!!!!!

These are the same "fans" who implore the club to build a new 80,000 seat stadium so that they can turn up once in a blue moon to watch (and support) Man Utd. Interestingly, the obese season ticket holder near me who staine dhis over-sized undies when Stevie G left the field last season wasn''t at the game last night. Wonder if he''ll be there on Saturday?

[quote user="Mungo Bumpkin"]These are the same "fans" who implore the club to build a new 80,000 seat stadium so that they can turn up once in a blue moon to watch (and support) Man Utd. Interestingly, the obese season ticket holder near me who staine dhis over-sized undies when Stevie G left the field last season wasn''t at the game last night. Wonder if he''ll be there on Saturday?[/quote]Being a season ticket holder generates money for the club.Do you not understand that?

[quote user="Mungo Bumpkin"]And even more would be generated if they bothered to turn up to cup games against "little" teams?[/quote]Who gives a stuff what people decide to do? IT''S UP TO THEM. If you thinking you''re a better fan makes you feel smug and happy then I''m pleased for you...

And I''m guessing:

You didn''t go the Scunny or Donny games;

You will be going to the Spurs game;

You''re full of remorse and self-loathing;

You will be clapping like a lobotomised sea lioon when you get to see your hero Stevie G on Saturday

Well now Mungo. I''m hoping  that many of the season ticket holders pass on this one too. It''s half-term and would be a great opportunity for my gloryhunting grandchildren to see us play a top team. Perhaps we''ll end up on pew next to yew!

Hey Mungo, you know what...I didn''t go to either the Scunthorpe or Doncaster game because, guess what, I couldn''t be bothered (+ I''m going to Chelsea away in a couple of weeks).  Last season I went to MK Dons and the Leicester match and that is enough to put anyone off attending another NCFC cup game.  I will be going to the Spurs game because I now have misplaced hope in my side to actually go on a proper cup run, I would also have gone if it was Swindon or Bradford.Anyway, we all know you''re on a wind up but I love to see your responses so I thought I''d add some more fuel to the fire.Were you at the Brentford JPT game (which we actually won!) a couple of seasons back?  I think there was only 8k in Carrow Road that night, I was there and it was one of the most boring games I have ever been to in my life.  I think you can spot a trend in these games, because I can, boredom and poor results and that is why I can''t be bothered with cup games anymore.

I''m glad you''ve "come out" abd embraced your fairweather fandom. Perhaps you can gain some closure now and move on, secure in the knowlegde that you''re not a "real fan".

Have you tried supporting your local team? There is a Championship (for now) team much closer to Stewmarket.

Mungo, give up. We know Ipswich are having a tough time, but if our stick in their you might manage a mod table finish in League One next season.

I''m a season ticket holder, in fact I buy three each year. I''ve not gone to any cup games this year. Why? Because after spending over £800 on those three tickets in these tough financial times, I have to be very careful where I spend any more money. By not going to the earlier games I can now afford to attend the Tottenham game if I choose to. I wish like some preach on here money was no object but for hard pressed families like mine it is and will continue to be for quite some time.

[quote user="Mungo Bumpkin"]If the club banned non-attending season ticket holders (and there were plenty round me) there would be lots of tickets for the little kiddies and orphans who went to last night''s game to see Tottingham. If you''ve got a ticket stub from last night, you get a Spurs ticket. If you haven''t, you dont.[/quote]

I don''t want to get dragged into this nonsensical thread but there is one flaw (of many) in your argument Bumpkin - I have attended both the Cup games so far, am a Season Ticket holder, but have not sat in my Season Ticket seat - so how can you tell how many Season Ticket holders were there or not???

[quote user="Mungo Bumpkin"]indeed, without the casuals last night the attendance would have been embarassing, 2-3 thousand or so. Where I sit (100% season ticket holders) I recognised a few more faces than at the Scunny game but the vast majoirty of the season ticket holders weren''t there. Again.[/quote]

To be fair I have been to both the cup games and I am a season ticket holder but I''ve not sat in my regular seat as I wanted a change of scenery :)

[quote user="ellis206"][quote user="Mungo Bumpkin"]indeed, without the casuals last night the attendance would have been embarassing, 2-3 thousand or so. Where I sit (100% season ticket holders) I recognised a few more faces than at the Scunny game but the vast majoirty of the season ticket holders weren''t there. Again.[/quote] To be fair I have been to both the cup games and I am a season ticket holder but I''ve not sat in my regular seat as I wanted a change of scenery :)[/quote]

Exactly - I suppose if you sit near Bumpkin you''d jump at the opportunity of changing your seat at a Cup match!!!! [:D]

[quote user="Mungo Bumpkin"]

And I''m guessing:

You didn''t go the Scunny or Donny games;

You will be going to the Spurs game;

You''re full of remorse and self-loathing;

You will be clapping like a lobotomised sea lioon when you get to see your hero Stevie G on Saturday

[/quote]Hahahahahahaha you could not be more wrong! I''ve been to every game this season -league and cup- except Fulham away because I was on holiday...What the hell is a "lioon"?

[quote user="Mungo Bumpkin"]

I''m glad you''ve "come out" abd embraced your fairweather fandom. Perhaps you can gain some closure now and move on, secure in the knowlegde that you''re not a "real fan".

Have you tried supporting your local team? There is a Championship (for now) team much closer to Stewmarket.

[/quote]Yeah I support them when Norwich are doing rubbish.

I have to say i have supported the club since 1995 and im a Hertfordshire born and bred Yellow who loves the club to bits.I go when i can afford it which isn''t as often as i would like and isn''t as often as 5-6 years back when i had more money.The supporters i have met over the years....not once have i ever been told im not a "real" fan.

Ive been totally accepted and people can see that i love the club.We just get along as we are ALL supporters.

I''m a season ticket holder as well and I also chose a seat in the Jarrold for last night''s game instead of my usual upper barclay seat, so tell me how you would have any idea exactly how many season ticket holders went last night!?