Sign in to follow this  
yoda

Old programmes

After hearing the sad news about John Bond got me thinking about all the old football programmes i''ve still got,many from around 1974 onwards . I don''t really want to part with them but it''s been years since they saw the light of day so i''m not sure quite why i keep them,anyone else feel the same about their collection ?

we have a staggering collection of programmes including many from the 50''s and earlier. We have one that has been dated by the club to be from 1922. We are only missing 3 programmes (home and away) since the early/mid 70''s. There part of my inheritance and they won''t be sold.

I trimmed my collection down a few years ago and have only kept four of five important seasons to me and a few key games as they take up so much space.

In fact I do have quite a few spares for sale (£1) each if anyone needs a few. 1985/86 onwards.

Much prefer the older programmes.

I find the newer ones have too much in them, are too thick to store anywhere and are too expensive.  Therefore have given up buying them - which is a shame.   They used to be thinner, more concise and easier to find the information you wanted.    Just like the website, there''s too much crammed in and its difficult to navigate.  Someone at City ought to take note as I am sure I''m not the only one. 

I wonder if programme sales have dropped in recent years??