Sign in to follow this  
ncfc1902

Time to recall James Vaughan!

After watching tonight''s game against a very average/poor side I would expect Chris Martin or Harry Kane to try and impress the manager for a starting place Saturday, both I thought looked slow on the ball and had very weak/poor/lazy efforts at goal and they just failed to impress me,its kind of frustrating in a way because we have James Vaughan who I would say is a decent striker alongside holt, he has good strength and pace and is a good finisher, we must bring Vaughan back nd send Martin out on loan in my opinion.

OTBC

[quote user="ncfc1902"]After watching tonight''s game against a very average/poor side I would expect Chris Martin or Harry Kane to try and impress the manager for a starting place Saturday, both I thought looked slow on the ball and had very weak/poor/lazy efforts at goal and they just failed to impress me,its kind of frustrating in a way because we have James Vaughan who I would say is a decent striker alongside holt, he has good strength and pace and is a good finisher, we must bring Vaughan back nd send Martin out on loan in my opinion. OTBC[/quote]

No recall clause - season long loan. What is a lazy effort?

Harry Kane has had two very good chances to score one against west ham and one tonight and all we see is a side foot along the ground with no power behind it and as for Martin I didn''t think he looked interested all night In my opinion

Martin was fairly poor tonight, I know he was playing out of position but that doesn''t excuse such poor control and heavy first touches. Any flow in a move seemed to grind to a halt when Martin got the ball. It was painful to see him track back in defence it looked like an accident waiting to happen.

A couple of goals in the Champ doesn''t mean to say he''s suddenly the answer for the Prem! JV needs games, a season of them. Let him do that and lets move on in the meantime. He isn''t the answer I''m afraid to say.

No recall clause and no space in the 25 man squad either, so stuck with what we have until jan

I think this is another case of ''the grass is always greener''. People often think that any alternative must surely be better than what we have. If Vaughan stays fit all season and scores 20 goals for Huddersfield then it may be fair to criticise Hughton''s decision (with the benefit of hindsight). While I, too, was surprised to see JV go out on loan (and accepting some of the explanations as to why it happened), Hughton is far better placed to know the actual facts. We can only speculate.

[quote user="paul moy"]No recall clause ?  If so, I just cannot believe we''ve done this again. [:@][/quote]

I swear to god if Chris Martin scores there will be nowhere you can hide, no dark corner of this world that you can cuddle up Cody and feel warm and cozy. Get behind the goddam team you maniac.

If Morison, Holt and Jackson bang a goal in each and we draw 3-3 with Liverpool, this thread would disappear quicker than melted butter on a very slipperly wall. I think the overeaction to our goal scoring thing after, what, 5 games is crazy. They need time to adapt to a new style.I agree that Martin is not good enough, and Kane was a panic buy, but the rest can do a job for us this year. Snodgrass can play as a striker too. Also, we do actually have midfielders who are capable of goals as Tettey proved last night.

[quote user="Steady On..."][quote user="paul moy"]No recall clause ?  If so, I just cannot believe we''ve done this again. [:@][/quote] I swear to god if Chris Martin scores there will be nowhere you can hide, no dark corner of this world that you can cuddle up Cody and feel warm and cozy. Get behind the goddam team you maniac.[/quote]

I wish he could score but I know that he can''t and hasn''t with all the opportunities he''s had even against lower-league opposition so shouldn''t be in the squad IMO as a striker. I was against Vaughan being shipped out as he is clearly better than Martin, and I said it at the time. I am behind the team but wish we''d stop keeping the deadwood at the expense of better players.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]All the opportunities against lower league opposition? What are you on Moy...[/quote]

Obviously I''ve missed the promotions of Doncaster and Scunny to the Prem. [:D]

He didn''t have any goal scoring opportunities against Doncaster, and I can''t remember the scunny game as it was boring. He played well in the first half last night, and I''m fairly sure he did as well as anyone against scunny as well... But of course that doesn''t matter because he didn''t score 76 goals.

Chris Martin is our Shola Ameobi only worse.  Having said that I would have him on the bench against Liverpool and assuming (optimistically perhaps) that we start with 2 strikers on the pitch (Holt and Jackson) I would bring Martin on to replace Jackson should the situation warrant it, rather than bringing Moro on.

If we keep going game after game without scoring, we have nothing to lose by trying Martin, but as a STRIKER.

Lets be realistic.  Martin was out of position and has hardly had any match time for ages - and you wonder why he was not very good.Vaughan is this years Cody.  No bloody good but people just can''t see the reality - NOT GOOD ENOUGH.Holt and Morison got us 26 (?) last year - they are bloody good strikers.  We have done everything but score, but we will start scoring.

[quote user="kellybrook"]Lets be realistic.  Martin was out of position and has hardly had any match time for ages - and you wonder why he was not very good.Vaughan is this years Cody.  No bloody good but people just can''t see the reality - NOT GOOD ENOUGH.Holt and Morison got us 26 (?) last year - they are bloody good strikers.  We have done everything but score, but we will start scoring.

[/quote]Strongly agree with this. Holt and Morro need to get stuck in.

[quote user="kellybrook"]Lets be realistic.  Martin was out of position and has hardly had any match time for ages - and you wonder why he was not very good.

Vaughan is this years Cody.  No bloody good but people just can''t see the reality - NOT GOOD ENOUGH.

Holt and Morison got us 26 (?) last year - they are bloody good strikers.  We have done everything but score, but we will start scoring.

[/quote]

Now Martin cannot score because he''s out of position. You couldn''t make it up. Always excuses and no end product.

[quote user="pete_norw"]

[quote user="Wiz"]Vaughan''s already been sold imo.[/quote]

And there you have it.

[/quote]

When talking about this subject, Hughton said, ''at this moment in time James is ours''................ergo..

To support Wiz and reading between the lines, reports are that Vaughan hasn''t settled at this club, he''s not been kept by Hughton even though we are light in the striking department and he''s the only striker to score in the pre-season games of note and last he has said he''s enjoying playing at Huddersfiled, with Huddersfield not ruling out a permanent signin in January.

So given all the above I think Wiz might have a point but it''s down to where we are and what Hughton want''s to do in January when we have the options to bring him back or sell him.

Personally I think allowing him on loan was good business as every game he plays and plays well up''s his value.

[quote user="Indy"]

To support Wiz and reading between the lines, reports are that Vaughan hasn''t settled at this club, he''s not been kept by Hughton even though we are light in the striking department and he''s the only striker to score in the pre-season games of note and last he has said he''s enjoying playing at Huddersfiled, with Huddersfield not ruling out a permanent signin in January.

So given all the above I think Wiz might have a point but it''s down to where we are and what Hughton want''s to do in January when we have the options to bring him back or sell him.

Personally I think allowing him on loan was good business as every game he plays and plays well up''s his value.

[/quote]

Yes we are aware of this,I watched the match the other night and he seems to be enjoying life again, because He''s now playing, but being out injured for most of the season and not spending much time with the first team would be very unsettling, So perhaps he will come back and settle in after his loan, If not we stand to make a tidy proffit ££££££££££££   

[quote user="pete_norw"][quote user="Indy"]

[/quote]

Yes we are aware of this,I watched the match the other night and he seems to be enjoying life again, because He''s now playing, but being out injured for most of the season and not spending much time with the first team would be very unsettling, So perhaps he will come back and settle in after his loan, If not we stand to make a tidy proffit ££££££££££££   

[/quote]

Profit?

How much did Lambert pay for him?