Sign in to follow this  
Mungo Bumpkin

Doncaster game attendance

[quote user="Mungo Bumpkin"]It''s quite obvious that Lake District Canary has never been to the the Fine City or he would know the geographical location of major supermarkets. Another wannabe whose great "love" for Norwich City started with our promotion to the Premiership. I predict that, if we get relegated, we wil never hear from LDC or his ilk again. Every cloud has a silver lining![/quote]

Lake District Canary was born and bred in Norwich.  When he comes to Norwich he walks down from Rouen Rd car park,  like he used to with his Dad in the sixties, seventies, and every decade since.  Having moved away since 1982 - but still returning to watch home and away every season,  his knowledge of supermarkets may not be up to scratch and in his haste to make a joke he got the name of a supermarket wrong.  Big deal.He started posting because of posters like Mungo Bumpkin who show the bad side of Norwich supporters who have a go at people who actually love the club - and they can''t stand that - because deep down they are sad and  empty souls who have nothing good to say about anyone apart from their own little clique of sour mouthed  so called supporters.   Stand aside Mungo, you''re a tw*t and a half and every poster on here that reads your posts knows it. Were you at Newcastle on Sunday?  I wonder if you''ve ever been outside Norwich in your life.  Perhaps you should, then you will appreciate that life exists elsewhere - as do a lot of Norwich supporters.   Pillock.

Good post LDC.

Seeing your posts always restores an incy wincy bit of my faith in the supporters and humanity in general.

[quote user="City1st"]

It should be a should finally show the slackers at Carrow Road what a massive fanbase the club has and how desperately needed is that new stand/8000 seats etc

The cost on Weds might price out a few but I expect there''ll be an a full house as all the ''horphans'' and other poor little mites, who are the next generation of City fans, and have been cruelly denied a season ticket or even seat by this boards complete lack of ''hambition'' finally get to visit the ground and watch their team in action.

And if it has to mean a ''Kevin Reeves'' type sale to fund the new stand, so be it. Without the new generation where will we be ? It is not enough to think that if we stay in the Premier League fans will still turn up - we need to make room for them now, and Weds night will show that fact.

[:^)]Just wondered City 1st, why you add an ''h'' to certain words in your posts? do you feel that it gives your opinion extra gravitas or something?

[/quote]

and the wonder why some posters feel the need to refer to themselves in the third party

Can we all please stop this tiresome game of ''I''m a proper City fan and you''re not'' There is plenty of misguided opinion posted on here by both HITS (heads in the sand) and SIFs (Sky is falling) but as I said on another thread we''re all City supporters. Our support manifests itself differently but frankly, this childish: you''ve never ben to Norwich, you''re a binner stuff has gone on far too long.

[quote user="Mungo Bumpkin"]

Looking like another massive no-show from season ticket holders.

Shame on you - you know who you are!

[/quote]You are a complete and utter ****.Did you go to Newcastle? Are there are any games that you miss? If yes to the previous two, by your logic, you must be a s**t fan!

"such simple trust is a rare commodity in todays harsh world"

Oh dear. On with the game it is then....

Excuses, excuses. Anyone who wants to see Norwich City in a competitive match can do so tonight for a very reasonable £10.00. If you''re not going tonight, ask yourself one simple question. Do you really only go to Carroe Road (or whine about lack of opportunities to do so) because you want to see the other team? Do you think the attendance would have been quite so dismal if we''d drawn Arsenal or Man Utd? Fairweather fans fawning over "celebrideeee" players - the same ones who will be enthusiastically applauding Stevie G on Saturday.

I sadly wont be at carrow rd on wednesday not because i dont want to.....but because my company has cut overtime and games like these go out of the window. I earn enough to pay the bills look after my family.Before you slagg me off bumpkin i am disabled and i live out near peterborough,i can only do what i can afford but because your going wednesday doesn''t make you better than me or my two sons who also support norwich! one day you may realise that sometimes what you say on here often offends other norwich supporters who dont have the luxury of an endless pot of cash!

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Mungo Bumpkin"]It''s quite obvious that Lake District Canary has never been to the the Fine City or he would know the geographical location of major supermarkets. Another wannabe whose great "love" for Norwich City started with our promotion to the Premiership. I predict that, if we get relegated, we wil never hear from LDC or his ilk again. Every cloud has a silver lining![/quote]

Lake District Canary was born and bred in Norwich.  When he comes to Norwich he walks down from Rouen Rd car park,  like he used to with his Dad in the sixties, seventies, and every decade since.  Having moved away since 1982 - but still returning to watch home and away every season,  his knowledge of supermarkets may not be up to scratch and in his haste to make a joke he got the name of a supermarket wrong.  Big deal.

He started posting because of posters like Mungo Bumpkin who show the bad side of Norwich supporters who have a go at people who actually love the club - and they can''t stand that - because deep down they are sad and  empty souls who have nothing good to say about anyone apart from their own little clique of sour mouthed  so called supporters.   Stand aside Mungo, you''re a tw*t and a half and every poster on here that reads your posts knows it.

Were you at Newcastle on Sunday?  I wonder if you''ve ever been outside Norwich in your life.  Perhaps you should, then you will appreciate that life exists elsewhere - as do a lot of Norwich supporters.   Pillock.

[/quote]

Sorry LDC it was me who was taking the mick about the supermarket - however, unlike Bumpkin I was just having a laugh and am not a total c*ck.  I will be at Carrow Road tomorrow night because I am fortunate enough to live close to Norwich and am able to afford it.  However, many of my fellow season ticket holders who ususally sit near me are not so fortunate in that they have to travel hundreds of miles to home games and a midweek match (whatever division we are in and whatever competition it is) is out of the question.  I know this from experience having been exiled in Manchester and London for most of the 1970s!!!  Keep up the positivity!!!!  [:D]

[quote user="Mungo Bumpkin"]Excuses, excuses. Anyone who wants to see Norwich City in a competitive match can do so tonight for a very reasonable £10.00. If you''re not going tonight, ask yourself one simple question. Do you really only go to Carroe Road (or whine about lack of opportunities to do so) because you want to see the other team? Do you think the attendance would have been quite so dismal if we''d drawn Arsenal or Man Utd? Fairweather fans fawning over "celebrideeee" players - the same ones who will be enthusiastically applauding Stevie G on Saturday.[/quote]

Mungo, why was put attendance 25k plus against Doncaster in the Championship? Same for all our league one attendances... If your not on a wind you, you are extremely thick.

[quote user="Mungo Bumpkin"]Excuses, excuses. Anyone who wants to see Norwich City in a competitive match can do so tonight for a very reasonable £10.00. If you''re not going tonight, ask yourself one simple question. Do you really only go to Carroe Road (or whine about lack of opportunities to do so) because you want to see the other team? Do you think the attendance would have been quite so dismal if we''d drawn Arsenal or Man Utd? Fairweather fans fawning over "celebrideeee" players - the same ones who will be enthusiastically applauding Stevie G on Saturday.[/quote]
You must not have your tickets, because it would clearly read: Wednesday, 26 sep, 2012. I wouldn''t turn up to CR tonight if I were you. It''ll probably be pretty cold and pretty boring for you.

Im a season ticket holder in the N&P, have been one for a few years and a city supporter even longer.

I will be at the match tomorrow, BUT not in my usual seat; I use the opportunity to take my lad to other parts of the ground, for a different view etc. I wont feel the need to tell the other season ticket holders in my regular position that I was in a different seat - im sure theyre not interested. And by the same token I wont ask them if they were there. We talk about the match, and football in general, but I dont know their personal situations, and frankly its nothing to do with me (nor mine them).

I was upset at the lack of casual supporters at the Scunthorpe match, but fully respect its their choice / situation that dictates whether they attend or not - THEIR choice.

As long as I can get a ticket for the matches I wish to attend, as we hopefully progress in the cup, im not to fussed about who else is there or not.

We all support our club in our own way, no one is right or wrong, you do what you feels right for you and appropriate for your circumstances etc. Im sure a lot of the people who are not able to go tomorrow would love to have the funds / time / transport / etc to be there. It doesnt make them less of a fan.

For those that choose to stay away*, I do hope you wont be on hear bleating that you cant get a ticket for Wembley should we ever get there. 

I suspect if NCFC offered the chance of final tickets to those in posetion of early round stubs the attendance maybe somewhat higher. 

* I am not knocking those staying away, just saying that should we reach the final I suspect that money for tickets and travel would be found.

[quote user="Ren"]

For those that choose to stay away*, I do hope you wont be on hear bleating that you cant get a ticket for Wembley should we ever get there. 

I suspect if NCFC offered the chance of final tickets to those in posetion of early round stubs the attendance maybe somewhat higher. 

* I am not knocking those staying away, just saying that should we reach the final I suspect that money for tickets and travel would be found.

[/quote]

Bang on post. Well done. Those that will be there are the hardcore Norwich fans prepared to have a late night to see their team play a lower league team. Tickets for a final should be allocated on who attended the previous games and leave the remaining tickets for the plastic fans

I’m a season ticket holder but I wont be there tonight.

However at the weekend I went to Newcastle, it cost me:

Tickets x 4 =£104.00

Hotel x 2= £82.00

Food £65.00

Diesel £164.00 (she’s a bit thirsty)

Am I a plastic fan. Ting Tong your wrong.

Still aching from the 120 step climb to my seat. Great view.

Ass for the young lad who was ejected for being drunk and disorderly

How’s the hangover?

[quote user="NCFC REVERIE"]I’m a season ticket holder but I wont be there tonight.

However at the weekend I went to Newcastle, it cost me:

Tickets x 4 =£104.00

Hotel x 2= £82.00

Food £65.00

Diesel £164.00 (she’s a bit thirsty)

Am I a plastic fan. Ting Tong your wrong.

Still aching from the 120 step climb to my seat. Great view.

Ass for the young lad who was ejected for being drunk and disorderly

How’s the hangover?[/quote]Exactly, going to the Doncaster match tonight means nothing in all honesty.  I chose not to go because I''m forking out to go to the Chelsea match a week on Saturday, I''d rather go their than pay a tenner to watch the match tonight...does that make me a plastic fan?

The league cup is quite a way down our priority list.

Maybe some fans won''t go tonight because they simply don''t really care about the outcome?

To those poor souls who can''t attend midweek games (perhaps a similar fixture against Man or Arsenal would stiffen their resolve a little?) I have two suggestions:

1) Move to Norwich;

or

2) Support your local team

Hope that helps

Mungo

Mungo can you please address the fact we got around the 25K match for pretty much every League One and Championship game?

That doesn''t fit into your little accusation does it? I bet the attendance for Doncaster game in the Championship wasn''t much lower than that.

Get it into your head that people don''t go to cup games, they don''t want to for various reasons and they don''t have to. Your not even a real fan, your a d!ck on a message board who thinks he can judge other fans who can''t or don''t want to go to a midweek cup match.

As for move to Norwich or support your local team, how stupid are you? LDC already explained he was born and bread in Norwich, and later moved away but still gets to as many games possible. In my book that makes him more of a fan than me or you (again making the huge assumption you do actually support Norwich).

League Games are more important. If we were playing Wigan at home in the league tonight, the attendance wouldn''t drop much. Its only the very big teams that you then get the fans of those sides sneak into the home end. But you clearly can''t comprehend that because it seems likely you have the intelligence of an office desk.

[quote user="greavsy"]

Im a season ticket holder in the N&P, have been one for a few years and a city supporter even longer.

I will be at the match tomorrow, BUT not in my usual seat; I use the opportunity to take my lad to other parts of the ground, for a different view etc. I wont feel the need to tell the other season ticket holders in my regular position that I was in a different seat - im sure theyre not interested. And by the same token I wont ask them if they were there. We talk about the match, and football in general, but I dont know their personal situations, and frankly its nothing to do with me (nor mine them).

I was upset at the lack of casual supporters at the Scunthorpe match, but fully respect its their choice / situation that dictates whether they attend or not - THEIR choice.

As long as I can get a ticket for the matches I wish to attend, as we hopefully progress in the cup, im not to fussed about who else is there or not.

We all support our club in our own way, no one is right or wrong, you do what you feels right for you and appropriate for your circumstances etc. Im sure a lot of the people who are not able to go tomorrow would love to have the funds / time / transport / etc to be there. It doesnt make them less of a fan.

[/quote]

Huzzah!

Quote of the season I reckon, ruddy well said Greavsy. [Y]

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Mungo, you clearly can''t comprehend that because it seems likely you have the intelligence of an office desk.[/quote]

That''s an insult to office desks, I reckon - ''plank'' would be more appropriate! :-)

Mungo im assuming you set out play the part of

devils advocate (a devil''s advocate is someone who, given a certain argument, takes a position he or she does not necessarily agree with, for the sake of argument. In taking such position, the individual taking on the devil''s advocate role seeks to engage others in an argumentative discussion process. The purpose of such process is typically to test the quality of the original argument and identify weaknesses in its structure, and to use such information to either improve or abandon the original, opposing position. It can also refer to someone who takes a stance that is seen as unpopular or unconventional, but is actually another way of arguing a much more conventional stance.) if so you have been successful, if not you have shown yourself to be less than the sum of your parts.

I''ll probably get lambasted off of the forums for this... 
I''ve been a Norwich fan for the better part of about three years now. Three years prior I wasn''t much of a fan about football at all, actually. I moved in with a mate of mine, an avid football fan. Unfortunately he was a Liverpool supporter. His brother was a Manchester United supporter (Die hard). His Dad was an Everton supporter! So you can see what kind of environment I opted to move into. Anyway, after living there a while I started to get into football. If anyone had ever asked me who I supported I''d always have said Norwich, but I never really followed them at all. So finally I actually did start following them. I am from Norfolk (Gorleston, to be precise) and I adore Norwich as a city, the walk along riverside to get to Carrow Road is up there with many of my experiences. Unfortunately, tonight will be but the fourth time I''ve been able to get to Carrow Road - but the fifth time I''ve seen Norwich play as a total.
My first game was last year Sunderland Vs Norwich 3-0 (I loved that trip anyway, what a stadium!)
My second game was Adam Drury''s testimonial at Carrow Road - of the games I''ve been to, this is my favourite!
My third game was Norwich Vs. Ajax - Pretty dismal affair bar Pilks lovely free kick
My fourth game was Norwich Vs Doncaster - I sat behind the goal as Hoolahan took his penalty!
You''re probably wondering why I''ve not been to more, and the answer is I work at the weekend! So unless a premier league fixture falls midweek or I''m lucky enough to have time off work, I can''t go.
Now today I''m going to see Scunthorpe in one of my six Norwich city shirts.
The point I''m trying to make here is, whether you''ve been a fan for fifty odd years or in my case three years - I don''t feel any less of a fan. I''ve read up on my history, I can talk to Norwich fans about our club as well as most. Sure I''d like to attend more games, but I know how hard it is. I see these cup games as a blessing, it gives me a chance to see the club I decided to support.
In three years I''ve built up a knowledge of not just NCFC, but football as a whole. I know the players, the referees, the board rooms, the debates, the stadiums and the rich history. So please, no matter your stand point or your background, whether you can afford it or not, whether you can make the journey, how many times you''ve been - whatever the situation we all show our support as best we can and it makes us no less a fan than the next guy.
See some of you tonight!

Good post stig, its unfortunate there are one or two numpties who try and undermine fellow supporters because they see themselves as special because they can go to all the matches.  What they should realise (they won''t because they have the brains the size of peanuts) is that all Norwich fans are special to the club, whether they go to 1 match or 100 - or none at all if circumstances don''t allow.   

I guess the best thing is to ignore them, but its difficult.   They are an irritation to everyone and do the club no favours by their jingoism.