Sign in to follow this  
Mungo Bumpkin

Doncaster game attendance

[quote user="Resident Canary Stig"]I''ll probably get lambasted off of the forums for this... 

I''ve been a Norwich fan for the better part of about three years now. Three years prior I wasn''t much of a fan about football at all, actually. I moved in with a mate of mine, an avid football fan. Unfortunately he was a Liverpool supporter. His brother was a Manchester United supporter (Die hard). His Dad was an Everton supporter! So you can see what kind of environment I opted to move into. Anyway, after living there a while I started to get into football. If anyone had ever asked me who I supported I''d always have said Norwich, but I never really followed them at all. So finally I actually did start following them. I am from Norfolk (Gorleston, to be precise) and I adore Norwich as a city, the walk along riverside to get to Carrow Road is up there with many of my experiences. Unfortunately, tonight will be but the fourth time I''ve been able to get to Carrow Road - but the fifth time I''ve seen Norwich play as a total.

My first game was last year Sunderland Vs Norwich 3-0 (I loved that trip anyway, what a stadium!)

My second game was Adam Drury''s testimonial at Carrow Road - of the games I''ve been to, this is my favourite!

My third game was Norwich Vs. Ajax - Pretty dismal affair bar Pilks lovely free kick

My fourth game was Norwich Vs Doncaster - I sat behind the goal as Hoolahan took his penalty!

You''re probably wondering why I''ve not been to more, and the answer is I work at the weekend! So unless a premier league fixture falls midweek or I''m lucky enough to have time off work, I can''t go.

Now today I''m going to see Scunthorpe in one of my six Norwich city shirts.

The point I''m trying to make here is, whether you''ve been a fan for fifty odd years or in my case three years - I don''t feel any less of a fan. I''ve read up on my history, I can talk to Norwich fans about our club as well as most. Sure I''d like to attend more games, but I know how hard it is. I see these cup games as a blessing, it gives me a chance to see the club I decided to support.

In three years I''ve built up a knowledge of not just NCFC, but football as a whole. I know the players, the referees, the board rooms, the debates, the stadiums and the rich history. So please, no matter your stand point or your background, whether you can afford it or not, whether you can make the journey, how many times you''ve been - whatever the situation we all show our support as best we can and it makes us no less a fan than the next guy.

See some of you tonight!

[/quote]

Can you tell me what the score was Stig so I don''t have to go tonight???  [:D]

[quote user="Mungo Bumpkin"]Well done to Stig and all the other "real" fans who will be cheering the lads on tonight![/quote]

See you there then MB.

Well I''m officially a super fan Mungo, I lived in Leicester having been born in Norfolk, in 1985 I got tickets for the away leg of the Milk Cup Semi Final at Portaloo Road. Unfortunately due to my post code I couldn''t geta ticket for the home semi final and had the same problem for the final.

What did I do about it.... I moved back to Norfolk... since then we have not been back to Wembley [:''(] I have been a season ticket for the last 11 season.

Therefore I''m a superfan no argument... oh hang on because of the clubs lack of commitment to cup competitions I didn''t go to the Scunthorpe game oh and I''m not sure I''m going tonight either ... although the chance to see a few of the new signing might persuade me.

So sorry after all that effort I''m just a fan like all the rest of you [:(]

Mungo, you''ve failed to address the whole league game/cup game issue YET AGAIN. Now I know with your record low intelligence it must be hard for you.

Can you just admit your not a Norwich fan now please?

If not tell me where you sit and i''ll come and say hello and apologise for thinking your not a Norwich fan, and try to explain to you why some fans stay away from cup games, yet still came to a (I think midweek) fixture against Doncaster a couple of years ago in the league, but aren''t so keen tonight.

No problem, I sit in the Directors Box, next to middle aged lady who smells of gin and wee and keeps slurring "lezbeeavinyoooo"! She''s a real fan because she does go to cup games. Unlike the fairweather fans on here.

Just as I expected, your clearly not a Norwich fan. And your clearly not going to the Norwich game this evening.

How was Ipswich''s cup game last night?

Looks like I''m not going now Mungo. It looked promising until an hour ago but then I realised I need to wash my hair. Hopefully it will stay clean until at least Sunday so that I can gloryhunt my way to Carrow Road for the Liverpool game. I''m not a bitter person, it''s more often coke these days, so I hope you enjoy the game[Y]

[quote user="Resident Canary Stig"]

Now today I''m going to see Scunthorpe in one of my six Norwich city shirts.

See some of you tonight!

[/quote]

Now THAT is real dedication to put us all to shame...

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

I have only missed three games since 1902 but I''m not going to this. I don''t have an issue with trains. I won the lottery a couple of months ago so the tenner isn''t too much of an issue for me. The reason I''m not going is quite simply......

to p1ss you off Mungo[Y]

[/quote]

Good Lord Nutty! That is impressive. You''re probably pushing Methuselah for the number two spot. And I thought I was an oldtimer. Perhaps it''s time for you to pass that urinal job off to a younger man. [:D]

[quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

I have only missed three games since 1902 but I''m not going to this. I don''t have an issue with trains. I won the lottery a couple of months ago so the tenner isn''t too much of an issue for me. The reason I''m not going is quite simply......

to p1ss you off Mungo[Y]

[/quote]

Good Lord Nutty! That is impressive. You''re probably pushing Methuselah for the number two spot. And I thought I was an oldtimer. Perhaps it''s time for you to pass that urinal job off to a younger man. [:D]

[/quote]

Bet he smells of wee just as the person somebody else mentioned today.

Huzzah!

Quote of the season I reckon, ruddy well said Greavsy. [Y]

Thanks Wiz, Appreciate your appreciation!

;-)

OTBC

I was there at the game and willing to pay full price for my ticket.... Only while we were queuing at ticket office 2 lovely men offered 2 complementary tickets.... Turns out from none other than Wes Hoolahans brother! Sweet! Was a cheap night for us!