Sign in to follow this  
Mungo Bumpkin

Doncaster game attendance

If they can find the cash for Premier League games, they can find the cash for Cup games. Or perhaps they just don''t want to be bothered with games against "little teams"?

[quote user="Mungo Bumpkin"]If they can find the cash for Premier League games, they can find the cash for Cup games. Or perhaps they just don''t want to be bothered with games against "little teams"?[/quote]

Some have added travel fares, petrol etc, plus there''s a game at the weekend, or they''re working nights and have family commitments.

Its not as easy as you think for some fans.

We would love to be at the game on Wednesday especially as it is nigh impossible to get tickets for league games.

But being disabled and 150 miles away, we cannot do the trip in a day so add in hotel bills, meals and fuel etc we are talking crazy money to watch 90 minutes of football.

So we are resigned to watching updates on Twitter etc.

Mungo, for goodness sake...

Same as the last time you posted this kind of thread, i''m a season ticket holder, and i''m going. But that doesn''t mean they should all go. People can go to what ever games they want. How about you try supporting the team and not being a complete d!ck on here, to be honest your 100 times worse than any fan who isn''t going to the cup game.

League One games got higher attendances than the cup matches, every clubs league attendance is higher than cup attendance, unless they are a really low down/poor club who have drawn a Premiership side.

I''m a season ticket holder who won''t be there on Wednesday, as the last train back to the capital is at 2200, and I don''t fancy taking the afternoon off work and going all that way to have to leave before extra time should there be any.

Having missed four league games home and away in the past 18 months I think I can cope with the guilt. Enjoy the game, I''ll be taking in a non-league game a bit closer to home instead

I have only missed three games since 1902 but I''m not going to this. I don''t have an issue with trains. I won the lottery a couple of months ago so the tenner isn''t too much of an issue for me. The reason I''m not going is quite simply......

to p1ss you off Mungo[Y]

[quote user="Mungo Bumpkin"]REAL fans go to Capitol One Cup games. Fairweather "fans" don''t.[/quote]

And the only reason you''re going to this....because your beloved Ipswich Town have already been knocked out of the competition and you want to see a decent side!

Well, on reflection, after what pumkin has said, I''ve booked a helicopter for after work, to go to Carlisle airport where I''ve chartered a plane to fly me to Norwich where I''ve organised a helicopter to get me to the stadium, with special dispensation to land in Asda car park, and I should be there in time for kick off.   After all, it is only £10 to get in, how could I miss it??  

Oh, I forgot, I''m not a real fan - in that case perhaps I''ll save the money for another time.  

[quote user="lake district canary"]Well, on reflection, after what pumkin has said, I''ve booked a helicopter for after work, to go to Carlisle airport where I''ve chartered a plane to fly me to Norwich where I''ve organised a helicopter to get me to the stadium, with special dispensation to land in Asda car park, and I should be there in time for kick off.   After all, it is only £10 to get in, how could I miss it??  

Oh, I forgot, I''m not a real fan - in that case perhaps I''ll save the money for another time.  

[/quote]

Obviously not, because its Morrisons not ASDA

[quote user="Lord Horn"]

[quote user="lake district canary"]Well, on reflection, after what pumkin has said, I''ve booked a helicopter for after work, to go to Carlisle airport where I''ve chartered a plane to fly me to Norwich where I''ve organised a helicopter to get me to the stadium, with special dispensation to land in Asda car park, and I should be there in time for kick off.   After all, it is only £10 to get in, how could I miss it??  

[/quote]

[/quote]

Morrisons wouldn''t let the helicopter land there - you can''t even park there for the match.    Asda are a better class of superstore and offered me a meal deal too.   [pi]

It should be a should finally show the slackers at Carrow Road what a massive fanbase the club has and how desperately needed is that new stand/8000 seats etc

The cost on Weds might price out a few but I expect there''ll be an a full house as all the ''horphans'' and other poor little mites, who are the next generation of City fans, and have been cruelly denied a season ticket or even seat by this boards complete lack of ''hambition'' finally get to visit the ground and watch their team in action.

And if it has to mean a ''Kevin Reeves'' type sale to fund the new stand, so be it. Without the new generation where will we be ? It is not enough to think that if we stay in the Premier League fans will still turn up - we need to make room for them now, and Weds night will show that fact.

[quote user="Maidstone Canary"]We would love to be at the game on Wednesday especially as it is nigh impossible to get tickets for league games.

But being disabled and 150 miles away, we cannot do the trip in a day so add in hotel bills, meals and fuel etc we are talking crazy money to watch 90 minutes of football.

So we are resigned to watching updates on Twitter etc.[/quote]

With you there Maidstone. We live on the south coast and we can''t tickets for love nor money. It''s a shame that the hat trick scheme of the 2004/05 season couldn''t have been operated again for fans like us. Funny how we were able to get tickets for League one matches home and away but now we can''t get any !

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Lord Horn"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Morrisons wouldn''t let the helicopter land there - you can''t even park there for the match.    Asda are a better class of superstore and offered me a meal deal too.   [pi]
[/quote]

Surely the benefit of the meal deal is more than lost by the need to get a taxi to the ground as the nearest ASDA is fecking miles away!

My attendance at Cup games usually results in Norwich City''s exit so I''m missing this for the greater good. Enjoy Wembley...

It''s quite obvious that Lake District Canary has never been to the the Fine City or he would know the geographical location of major supermarkets. Another wannabe whose great "love" for Norwich City started with our promotion to the Premiership. I predict that, if we get relegated, we wil never hear from LDC or his ilk again. Every cloud has a silver lining!

[quote user="Mungo Bumpkin"]REAL fans go to Capitol One Cup games. Fairweather "fans" don''t.[/quote]

Real fans don''t go on message boards, to constantly put down the supporters and/or players etc of the the team the supposedly support.

[quote user="Mungo Bumpkin"]

Looking like another massive no-show from season ticket holders.

Shame on you - you know who you are!

[/quote]

Would i be correct in saying you do not have a wife,kids,mortgage or utility bills to pay,do not run a car and live at home with mum and dad paying about £20 a week leaving the other say £180 you earn to spend on yourself ?

Just asking as it is obvious you have little concept of the world at large and money commitments of  most fans.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Mungo Bumpkin"]

[/quote]

Would i be correct in saying you do not have a wife,kids,mortgage or utility bills to pay,do not run a car and live at home with mum and dad paying about £20 a week leaving the other say £180 you earn to spend on yourself ?

Just asking as it is obvious you have little concept of the world at large and money commitments of  most fans.[/quote]

Blimey Tilly! I think the only thing we can be sure of from your list is that he doesn''t have a wife......or a girlfriend! [:$]

"Funny how we were able to get tickets for League one matches home and away but now we can''t get any ! "

But then we didn''t have a whole new generation of aspiring City fans (8000) who were desperate to show their love of the club by going to games.

Funnily enough we didn''t have a generation of City fans in the dire days of the late 90''s who were "desperate to show their love of the club by going to games", but all these years later we have a packed out Carrow Road. How did they develop their ''love'' of the club ?

I wonder what has changed ?

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Mungo Bumpkin"]

[/quote]

Just asking as it is obvious you have little concept of the world at large and money commitments of  most fans.

[/quote]

Well I have my usual seat and will be on song as always in lower e barclay, I do know several of the regular S/T holders in and around my seat all work away and and some live miles away, so to call them shamefull is bang out of Order, people should learn to put brain in gear befor putting mouth in motion. 

I won''t be there as I will be on a plane flying home from Canada. In fact Saturday will be my first game of teh season.

/closet binner.

[quote user="City1st"]

"Funny how we were able to get tickets for League one matches home and away but now we can''t get any ! "

But then we didn''t have a whole new generation of aspiring City fans (8000) who were desperate to show their love of the club by going to games.

Funnily enough we didn''t have a generation of City fans in the dire days of the late 90''s who were "desperate to show their love of the club by going to games", but all these years later we have a packed out Carrow Road. How did they develop their ''love'' of the club ?

I wonder what has changed ?

[/quote]Oh for those far off days in the 60''s when I used to change ends with the team at halftime.