Sign in to follow this  
beelsie

radio football commentators on radio norfolk

I, being unable, by nature of my finances to pay for Sky sport, have no choice but to listen to the poor reporting during and on match day, by the Radio Norfolk commentators. I am afraid the gentleman who has taken over from our Roy Waller used do to so well; gets over excited to a point where he tries to puts too many of his own personal thoughts into his commentary that the listener (me) looses amongst the verbals, what has happened. Such as who was it who scored, or did he nearly score, or was it an attempt that got diverted, and was it a molehill in the way.  Let''s for goodness sake have a factual commentary with good diction and gaps between the words. Oh, and perhaps our dear Irish ex canary could loose a great deal of his Irish brogue when giving his opinion, if that is what he is doing.  More BBC style all round please.  Beelsie OTBC!!

Beelsie I may get into trouble for this so I hope this helps you when it comes to match day. Google firstrowsports . eu. This website streams pretty much most matches,also think it was the website I went on to watch our pre-season against celtic, that match was being streamed on this site via celtic t.v somhow, which sort of shows that someone somewhere will endevour to make sure most matches will be shown. I watched the Newcastle game with my dad at home on the weekend, think it was via fox sports from the u.s, no americans talking about "soccer" what ever that is, before and during the game which was nice, as when i saw fox sports i naturally feared the worst. Any way I hope this helps if you cant make it to the game on saturday and any others this year! as for next year, get yourself bt vision as i beleive bt have the rights to most of the games next year, and their host will be local boy Jake Humphrey! might have some nice words spoken about norwich on the tele for once!!

Interesting comments by the OP i, as most of us who tune in i''m sure, love Goreham because he gives it his all and gets carried away in the moment.

I feel it''s important that a commentator has the ability to bring the atmosphere of a match into your ear, so it''s a fine line to appease all sets of listeners.

However, they''ve mentioned on the radio a few times about getting in trouble when things get too ''personal''. I''m sure that was back in the championship season when they had to apologise pretty much each week! :)

As much as i like McVeigh, i must admit that i don''t take to him much on the radio, it''s very hard to take him seriously as he and Rob spend alot of time mocking one another.

So yes, not very bbc-like... But i''m happy to let it go! :)

Goreham is fantastic, think about a John Motson style boring old drone getting over excited at a throw in or if Rooney blows his nose and then listen to this. I know what I prefer.

http://audioboo.fm/boos/340191-radio-norfolk-goreham-adams-go-wild

Mc Veight and Goreham are good .....its just a pitty about that useless Rob Butler who picks on point and goes on and on and on about it throughout the canary call.

[quote user="canaries"]

Mc Veight and Goreham are good .....its just a pitty about that useless Rob Butler who picks on point and goes on and on and on about it throughout the canary call.

[/quote]

My thoughts entirely Goreham is an improvement on Waller, unfortunately the radio changes channels or goes off when Butler comes on.

I have boycotted Norfolk until they get rid of that idiot Butler. The other night he tried to claim that Dale Gordon was the greatest NCFC player he had ever seen. Idiot.

[quote user="October"]I have boycotted Norfolk until they get rid of that idiot Butler. The other night he tried to claim that Dale Gordon was the greatest NCFC player he had ever seen. Idiot.[/quote]

Wow what a completely idiotic statement that is.

You are stating the Rob Butler''s opinion is wrong and he''s an idiot for having it.

Its like calling someone an idiot because they say peanut butter is the best thing theyve ever tasted.

Its his opinion you fool.

[quote user="beelsie"]I, being unable, by nature of my finances to pay for Sky sport, have no choice but to listen to the poor reporting during and on match day, by the Radio Norfolk commentators. I am afraid the gentleman who has taken over from our Roy Waller used do to so well; gets over excited to a point where he tries to puts too many of his own personal thoughts into his commentary that the listener (me) looses amongst the verbals, what has happened. Such as who was it who scored, or did he nearly score, or was it an attempt that got diverted, and was it a molehill in the way.  Let''s for goodness sake have a factual commentary with good diction and gaps between the words. Oh, and perhaps our dear Irish ex canary could loose a great deal of his Irish brogue when giving his opinion, if that is what he is doing.  More BBC style all round please.  Beelsie OTBC!![/quote]when did you ever hear Waller do this?

Agree with Joeboy, if you have internet access, u can watch each and every game absolutely free over the internet. There''s a million sites that do it. If you don''t have regular internet access, then it''s not very helpful though, if you do, I''m amazed you haven''t come across streaming before as it''s mentioned on this very forum pretty much every matchday, and it''s been possible to do it for years (although not football league games, so was no use for us until we hit the Prem last year) - I''ve been streaming games for at least 6 or 7 years now.

A lot of local radio commentators around the country are

very poor – personally I think we’re amazingly fortunate to have someone of

Chris Goreham’s calibre on our local station! He really is a top presenter –

and one I find particularly easy to follow. I therefore struggle to understand

why the OP gets confused?

Paul McVeigh is someone I know personally; he’s great with

people, has commitment, drive & passion for everything he does (not just

football). 12 months ago Paul wasn’t even working in the media – since joining

BBC Radio Norfolk he’s worked for Absolute Radio addressing 40,000 people in

Hyde Park during the London 2012 Olympics see:
http://www.absoluteradio.co.uk/player/Johnny-Vaughan-2/9942/Olympic-Gold-Medallist-Dani-King--Interview.htmland

Now he’s progressed to Talk Sport & the big one; Sky Sports too. This is a genuine,

talented man on the way up!

Regarding Beelsie’s call for (quote): “More BBC style all round please” – I think we’re already getting

it; Goreham is as BBC as anyone in the business – and Macca sounds remarkably similar

to MOTD 2 presenter Colin Murray!

Not that I have anything against Butcher, but he certainly highlights how good Neal Adams was at the job.

Thanks a lot for your responce and your views chaps, the info about streaming, has never occured to me even though I have used the regular internet for years, perhaps I can get my head round it.  I can understand that commentators do get excited. But if they were war correspondents, in the front line they would be professional enough to conduct themselves verbally well enough to explain graphically enough to give the listeners logical information so that perhaps while in the comfort of ones home they too could also become excited at the moment of triumph or what ever may be happening.  any way thanks for your input. cheers Beelsie

Hi Norfolk Mustard, yes Paul was quite a tallented footballer and you say he is on his way up, that may be so, but, for in my honest opinion  he would deserve much more credit if he practiced his English speaking tallents to the point where all the listeners could easily understand what he is on about without the need for an interpretor. thanks again beelsie.

[quote user="lappinitup"]Beelsie, check your PM''s. [;)][/quote]
Good lad Lappin, I was about to offer to help the guy out, but I shall leave it in your capable hands sir [:)]

I much prefer Chris Goreham to Roy Waller but football is all about opinions and media coverage and this is no different!

Likewise Rob Butler''s opinion about Dale Gordon-it is his personal opinion, not a statement of fact: therefore he can''t be right or wrong, but certainly not open to criticism for having a personal opinion on who his best/favourite Norwich player is.

I note Sky have put my monthly subs up for the second time in four months, no notice or anything-very close to ditching them now and the streaming on Sat afternoons etc will have an impact on them as this option becomes more and more widespread.

*Have explored the streaming options but not certain on the best one, can someone PM me some details, ta!