Sign in to follow this  
Ruddy Good

The fight is up.

Hate to sound negative but i think we''ve had it. If you look at our games coming up: Bolton (A), Arsenal (A), Man U (H), Crystal Palace (A), Newcastle (H) i cant see us picking up many points here. We are already 6 points of safety and if we don''t pick up points from these 5 games that will push us deeper into trouble and will ultimately relegate us. Bolton have lost just once in their last 11 and our away form is dire so can''t see anything there. Man Utd are playing the best form wise out of any club in the Premiership at the moment. Arsenal, even though they arent playing great at the moment, have just too much quality in there for us and to pick up anything at Highbury would be a miracle. I can only see any points being picked up possibly at Selhurst Park and maybe a point against Newcastle. This won''t be enough be enough to keep us up.

I think we need to start looking at regrouping the boys for next season in the Championship.

Norwich will stay up due to a Dean Ashton hat-trick in the last game of the season!

at least you''ve not lost all your optimism!

If Palace can hold Man U so can we. The league will be lost and they will be concentrating on Europe. Hopefully will put out a bunch of kids against us.

To be fair I think we''d blown it from the Man City game. We need some kind of miraculously Play-Off style run to stay up now

I think you are right now. However i have realised how lucky we are to be playing in the premiership so right now im just really enjoying watching Norwich. If these recent performances had been earlier in the season then i would have though we would have great chance of staying up. However i feel now that its too late. Football is a funny game though

I don''t like giving up either, but I realise that we will not be in the Premiership next season.  We should have won Monday night which could have been the start of the end??? 

We weren''t expected to win yesterday but did put on a good show.

We have played well in other matches too, but results put points on the board and thats what we don''t have enough of

Monday night meant nothing. Look at the points. Three points will not have changed out position in the table nor the teams we have yet to play. We simply havent picked up enough points against the beatable teams, like Man City.

Whats been disapointing is that we have the quality to beat some of the bigger teams yet we lack the consistancy of being able to put out the same performance for 90 mins week in and week out. We could have beaten, Newcastle and Middlesborough. That says enough to me that should we get a second shot we will be here to stay. Otherwise it is too-little too late.

Its no fault of the team, we have good players but injury during the key christmas period when we were forced to play players out of position and before they had fully recovered from injuries in some cases (Mullers). I think we will be building again in the summer but mainly to strengthen the depth of the squad. We need 28 players with quality at least, not 17 definites and 6 or seven possiblies. We also need the accademy players taking up another say six spots on top of that with most of them out on loan. That way should we not need them we can still sell them on even if it is for a very small sum (50K). That way we have more money coming in for squad building.

The unfortunate reality of all this is that we are not good enough. Palace are winning games at home without conceeding, as did West Brom today. This is something we cant do. I would love to be optomistic but if we cant consistently pick up points how the hell are we going to in the last run in. Its gonna take at least 4 wins and luck and i cant see that happening based on the performances since xmas. Be proud and get behind the team and pray they keep that squad together in the summer, before we all know it we''ll be back up to have another go with more experience.