Sign in to follow this  
Matt Morriss

Your Team v Liverpool

thumbelina I can also see a 3-5-2 working for us at some stage in the future, wigan are showing it can work but PL tried and failed with it with the personnel he had at his disposal last season. I am still not convinced we have the right players for that formation, eg right wing back, is Elliott good enough defensively or Martin good enough going forward? Both are better for me than whittaker.

If playing that today - and we wont - we could go

Ruddy

Barnett Bassong Bennett

EBennett Tettey Garrido

Pilkington Snodgrass

Hoolahan Morison

Garrido CB?  Wow, glad you aren''t in charge.  Your site must be full of insightful stuff with opinions like that.

[quote user="Huckerbys Boots - Matt"]Ruddy

E.Bennet Barnett R.Martin Garrido

Howson Johnson

Snodgrass Butterfield Hoolahan

Holt

Lot of changes here which I doubt Hughton would do, the defence needs to be altered tho, I don''t wanna see Suarez up against Barnett/Turner. Maybe Martin RB and Garrido CB with Tierney coming in.

Can Garrido play CB???[/quote]

What have you lost heart in FFS?  You seem to be saying we can''t win unless we have two up front.  If so, then most of the division won''t win today. [quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

I was all excited thinking about the team vs Liverpool, but I now feel very disheartened after today''s revelations.  I think it is highly likely that Hughton is going to definitely start with only 1 up front. Now that we''re down to 3 strikers plus Martin I think Hughton doesn''t think he can start with 2.[:(]

I know this is supposed to be my team, but I''ve lost heart.  I think Tettey and Hoolahan will start ion a 5 man midfield with Hoolahan playing behind Holt.

Prediction: Norwich 0 - 1 Liverpool (Gerrard Pen, 69)

[:(]

[/quote]

How would playing wing backs be going for it?In this thread so far there has been people saying we can''t win unless there is two up front, someone ( a clown I suspect) saying Tettey should start his first game on the wing when he is a defensive central midfielder and now wing-backs.I think we may have the whole "get it forward" brigade in one thread....[quote user="Thumbelina"]and now for something slightly different.                                                                                                                                 Ruddy

R. Martin       Barnett        R. BennettE.Bennett                                                                                                         Garrido                                                Tettey                    Butterfield                                                              Hoolahan

Jackson                     Holt

The above assumes that Bassong will not be fit, otherwise he would come in for Barnett.  Pilkington, Snodgrass/Surman, Tierney, Turner, Morison, Bunn and Fox.It''s only the Scousers at home so let''s go for it![/quote]

Do you own the Huckerbys boots site Matt? If you don''t, then who ever does can''t be too happy with you using the websites name in your username on other forums when abusing other posters...

[quote user="kellybrook"]

How would playing wing backs be going for it?

[/quote]Coming from somebody who believes playing wing backs can''t be attacking, but playing a 4-5-1 can be attacking, I''ll take that as a compliment.Thank you.

Interesting quite how different the formations suggested on this thread were to the one chosen. We might still have lost but it might have been more fun. Where was our midfield btw?

[quote user="Highland Canary"]Interesting quite how different the formations suggested on this thread were to the one chosen. We might still have lost but it might have been more fun. Where was our midfield btw?[/quote]Indeed,