Sign in to follow this  
Mark Fotheringham City Legend

Andrew Surman

I''m no fan of Surman, and although he didn''t help Garrdio (kept drifting in), I thought he did alright yesterday. We died going forward when he went off in my opinion.

I''m assuming both Surman and Snodgrass were asked to play narrow to help combat Liverpool''s 3 in the middle.

It''s not just Surman''s corners that have been poor, Snodgrass has overhit pretty much every corner he''s taken thus year.

Just another reason to bring back Foxy...

I''m not the biggest fan of Surman but think he played relatively well. He does need to get his corners past the first man though. Overall, the midfield was poor, needs a rethink, and I''d like to see Fox, Tettey and Hoolahan in the starting line up.

Glad someone else has mentioned this. His corner taking yesterday was absolutely criminal. How many times did he present the first man with a very straight forward clearance. Its even more bemusing when you have Garrido and Snodgrass in the side who are both more than capable from a dead ball situation.

Lets be honest a under Hughton if we aren''t going to create as many chances then we really have to make these set plays count. Overall though I really like Surman and I think he is a very technically gifted footballer. However he is suffering from the system he is being played in. He is not a winger and not an orthdox central midfielder. He needs to play as part of midfield 3 like he did in the diamond to really flourish.

That is the big issue I have at the moment. Players like Surman, Hoolahan (when he does get a chance) and Snodgrass are being shoehorned into positions I don''t think entirely suit them. Where under Lambert everyone seemed comfortable and understood what they were doing.

Surman has very few good games, other than Wolves away i cannot recall too many. He needs to be down the pecking order and garido needs to be taking more corners and free kicks, he could be our Leighton baines

Surman was one of our best players in the first half. For some odd reason, Hughton took off our two best players yesterday.

I am a big Surman fan I I thought he was ineffective yesterday. Better than e previous two games though.

He got on the ball and played it around more. But unless Jackson went out wide for him, anything else he tried was pointless which was partly his fault, but perhaps more other players around him fault.

His corners are useless, so are Snodgrass''. I''m also fairly sure Foxes aren''t all that wonderful. Neither were Liverpools. Wy can''t professional footballers take corners properly?