Sign in to follow this  
ian7685

Thoughts from the Liverpool game

Have to say, it''s been a while since I''ve been that bemused at a Norwich game as I was today.

I''m not a Hughton basher. So far this season we''ve played decent football without an end product and looked so much more solid than we ever did under Lambert. For that, I praise Chris.

The first thing that surprised me today was the formation. 4-4-2 played massively into the hands of the Liverpool midfield, Howson and Johnson were outnumbered by the extra central midfielder that Liverpools 4-3-3/4-5-1 formation gave them. This resulted in Surman and Snodgrass having to move infield and gave us very little width going forward.

The second thing was the substitution of Simeon Jackson at half-time. Was he not our best player on the pitch in the first 45 minutes?? Unless he has picked up a knock, that was a mightily strange change.

Thirdly, Michael Turner is ahead of Ryan Bennett in the central defending pecking order, WTF!!

Finally, when we finally get to see Hoolahan on the pitch, he''s employed on the left! He hasn''t played in that position since a certain Glenn Roeder ruled NCFC!

As Spain showed at the recent european championships, 4-4-2 doesn''t work very often at the elite level of football, especially today.

Let''s hope Chris learns from today. OTBC

Just watching MOTD and it''s gratifying to be able to see it in HD as it afforded me a fine view of the faces of the troglodytes, marsh gnomes, toothy witches and all round epsilons that comprise the Norwich fanbase giving Suarez the old wanker hand gesture after he missed an easy chance, Norwich glee swiftly turning to impotent anger after he nicks the ball from the Keystone canaries in defence and slots it away with aplomb. You low rent tossers. 

Even better was the way crowd anger gave way to pathetic bafflement and sad, sad frowns as we put away our third, fourth and fifth. 

Luis Suarez you know what you are. 

Norwich fans you know what you are. 

[quote user="Robertkbradley"]Just watching MOTD and it''s gratifying to be able to see it in HD as it afforded me a fine view of the faces of the troglodytes, marsh gnomes, toothy witches and all round epsilons that comprise the Norwich fanbase giving Suarez the old wanker hand gesture after he missed an easy chance, Norwich glee swiftly turning to impotent anger after he nicks the ball from the Keystone canaries in defence and slots it away with aplomb. You low rent tossers. 

Even better was the way crowd anger gave way to pathetic bafflement and sad, sad frowns as we put away our third, fourth and fifth. 

Luis Suarez you know what you are. 

Norwich fans you know what you are.[/quote]

Go away

[quote user="Deptford Canary"]

just being pedantic....... i sure i remember lambert Hoolihan on the left side of the diamond once or twice....

(other than that agree with most of what you said)

[/quote]

As a pedant, i wish to point out it is Hoolahan not Hoolihan.

[quote user="Robertkbradley"]Just watching MOTD and it''s gratifying to be able to see it in HD as it afforded me a fine view of the faces of the troglodytes, marsh gnomes, toothy witches and all round epsilons that comprise the Norwich fanbase giving Suarez the old wanker hand gesture after he missed an easy chance, Norwich glee swiftly turning to impotent anger after he nicks the ball from the Keystone canaries in defence and slots it away with aplomb. You low rent tossers. 

Luis Suarez you know what you are

Norwich fans you know what you are.[/quote]Yes, a racist, diving, hand-balling, cheating tw@t who happens to have the fortune to be able to kick a football better than most.Also if you want to see moronic fans giving it the old bird and making their club look disgraceful, you only have to look at your fan last season strolling onto the pitch. Still, always the victims eh?

The answer is that everyone knows what Luis Suarez is. He is a wonderfully talented footballer who if he can produce finishing of that calibre on a regular basis will be a world class footballer. But you also get the undesirable elements like the racism and the cheating. It comes as a package.

[quote user="Robertkbradley"]Just watching MOTD and it''s gratifying to be able to see it in HD as it afforded me a fine view of the faces of the troglodytes, marsh gnomes, toothy witches and all round epsilons that comprise the Norwich fanbase giving Suarez the old wanker hand gesture after he missed an easy chance, Norwich glee swiftly turning to impotent anger after he nicks the ball from the Keystone canaries in defence and slots it away with aplomb. You low rent tossers.  Even better was the way crowd anger gave way to pathetic bafflement and sad, sad frowns as we put away our third, fourth and fifth.  Luis Suarez you know what you are.  Norwich fans you know what you are.[/quote]

We have enough of our own pillocks without you adding to the quota.