Sign in to follow this  
Kenning

The Yorkshire Three

I''m a Midland Canary reliant on MOTD, Sky, and the ever reliable Ricardo for match info.

But I am trying to understand what has happened to our mid-field.

At the back end of last season it looked like Howson had found his feet and was becoming a dominant force to take us forward this season.

Johnson, who I had my doubts about, was getting good reviews for his industry a few weeks ago.

Then I would say that most fans thought that Snodgrass was a useful addition playing behind a big striker.

From what I see so far, we have become more cautious in our approach play with CH whose aim is to try for more clean sheets (forgetting yesterdays shambles) compared with the more rampant lets score one more than we concede style of PL.

So is it the system that the players haven''t adapted to, or the players themselves?

Surely on paper the squad is better than a year ago.

[quote user="Kenning"]Surely on paper the squad is better than a year ago. .[/quote]

The squad yes, the starting 11 no.  Oh and be careful, as there is already a strand on the Leeds three below.  You maky just get some total knobs offering you a trial on their free forum moderator game.

I suppose you''re an excpetion to that rule though, as you are not the poster known as BlyBlyBabes.

Not being funny but Howson played better with longer hair. Since he''s gone for the "hard" look he''s gone off the boil and does a Paul Daniels vanishing trick during games which doesn''t help [;)]Johnson has improved IMO... decent-ish stopper, woeful crosses and shots but bit more determined this season.Snodgrass is full of desire but seems to run out of talent right at the critical bits... could improve with games but least he gets stuck in - bit naive at this level but think he''ll develop unless confidence drops off.IMO its the system, the stifled midfield approach doesn''t really aid getting forward to create chances for the lone man upfront.

Personally i think Howson is being asked to be too responsible defensively and it doesnt suit his game, if he''s going to play a holding style i think i''d prefer Fox alongside Johnson as at least his passing would give a better out ball and he takes a decent set piece.

I was never sure about Snodgrass i dont doubt his ability i just couldnt see where he fitted in and i''m not sure I''m any the wiser now.  If we are going play wingers then personally i prefer Bennett''s pace and Pilkingtons style to give us a better width although both admittedly have had injury issues, some of Snodgrass''s play seems more about cutting inside and his delivery from set plays has been poor imo. Maybe he would be better behind the striker or preferable two, seeing as Hughton wrongly in my opinion doesnt think Hoolahan can cope.

Johnson on the other hand has been pretty good this season so far, and if his performances dip for a few games Tettey looked very competitive (admittedly against Doncaster). I think your right the squad is better not just on paper but some of the decision making needs to be braver from our manager, i''d prefer to give the opposition no respect than too much.

[quote user="Thumbelina"] You maky just get some total knobs offering you a trial on their free forum moderator game.

[/quote]

The next version has the capability to identify banned posters and multiple account holders so it would be a waste of money you buying one Smudger.