Sign in to follow this  
Alan Johnson

The End is Nigh!

I think after last night inept performance against the best team in the league spells the end of the season for us and hello again to the fizzy league.

Shackell was outstanding last night and the likes of Fleming , Drury and Edworthy should look at him as an example to all......the 3 mentioned were not even poor they were worse than that!

I think a massive clear out is due for the summer with the likes of Edworthy , Fleming , Drury , McVeigh , Mulryne , Holt , Helveg , Francis , Jonnson , Svennson and even Safri should be sold and as much money generated as possible for a full rebuild of our squad.

Then we can you the likes of Shackell , Henderson and Jarvis and Crow next season.

We must keep Charlton as he is a good defender no matter what anyone says along with Stuart i think he has put a lot of energy and commitment into his play and should be offered a contract next season.

Lets bring in some young blood from elsewhere next season.....Freddy Eastwood he knows were the goal is (and i know you are all going to say he is 4th division old money) but players like him would relish the chance to move up!

To end all i can say lets not finish bottom lets leave that to WBA and lets give the fans plenty to cheer about for the rest of the season by sneaking a couple of wins somewhere.

OTBC

Yeah nice one lets get rid of drury just when he''s beginning to look a proper prem player in fact lets just sell our entire team and play our youth squad, there bound to come good. Can''t believe how inept we were yesterday, we really should''ve put 3 past chelsea what with their shocking defence. We showed no fight what so ever that should''ve been an easy 3 points.We played very well but were outclassed and let down by one or two players who just aren''t up to scratch, story of our season. I think we will go down but if we keep the main backbone of our squad next season keep faith in our players (particularly likes of jonson, doc and safri who could make very good champ players) and our manager we will have a very good chance of coming back up.Oh and the shack is a legend!

yeah why not get rid of a majority of the team (most of which got us promoted), makes a lot of sense. We have limited resources and the gap between the two top leagues is huge, as all promoted teams are discovering. But if we get rid of most of the team we''ll do alright next year yeah? even considering most of those players are good Championship quality. You''re off your head, as soon as the going gets tough people like you get your head out of the sand and come out with this dross! this football management lark must be easier than I had imagined then, go back to your prawn sandwich!

Quote : I think a massive clear out is due for the summer with the likes of Edworthy , Fleming , Drury , McVeigh , Mulryne , Holt , Helveg , Francis , Jonnson , Svennson and even Safri should be sold and as much money generated as possible for a full rebuild of our squad.

I think Francis will go anyway, but I would hold on to Safri.  When he is given the chance, I like his style of play.

I would call yesterdays performance far from inept, in fact I was quite surprised as I really thought we''d get hammered. We managed to create chances and score which is what few other teams have done.

Chelsea were hardly trying it was like a practice match for them . When we equalised i said they would be back in front within 5 minutes, it took 7 . Sadly we are far to predictable