Sign in to follow this  
Morisons Prozac

overreacting

Bit of an understatement on this forum. Yes we have underperformed thus far as a mixture of players not doing their jobs and questionable decisions from the managee but things could havre been so different. Had Friedel not played the game of his life we would''ve beat Spurs, had Kane not fluffed a sitter we would''ve beat West Ham, had Snodgrass been more clinical against QPR we would''ve won, had Bassong not have been injured against Newcastle the outcome would''ve certainly been different. Hell, had we even put away our chance against Liverpool when we were two down that would''ve had a different outcome. The point is, we''re not doomed already and we''ve had no rub of the green. We all know when you''re out of form everything goes against you, but if we get behind the lads then things will turn around quicker and it won''t be too late.

I totally agree some fans are going ott, i have been trying so stay really positive and give the new set up time to settle in BUT after Saturdays mauling at the feet of Liverpool and the fact that at times the players looked lost in terms of positioning and formation etc,i am starting to feel that my gut feeling over CH was correct,sometimes people don''t fit and i''m starting to feel that maybe CH has tried to change to much in a short period of time,to me the players look miserable at the moment and i''m starting to get concerned,something just doesn''t feel right at the club at the moment.

To me the players seem to be arguing on the field way more than the ever did over the Lambert years,on Saturday i lost count of the times players shrugged or put their heads down and just looked lost,i''m not having a go at them because i firmly believe they can win games and keep us up but i''m just not sure if the tactics of CH and major changes he''s made with training,attacking mentality etc is fitting in with the players.

This is all good and well, but it''s all based on ''could have beens'', ''almosts'', ''might happen in the futures''.

Sadly, speculating won''t change the results we''ve already had, nor will it influence the games yet to come.

The facts are: Kane DID miss that sitter. Snodgrass WASN''T more clinical. Bassong DID get injured. We are averaging 0.5 pts per game at present. That''s a stat we can only change through actions, not daydreams.

Of course we''re not doomed already, but it won''t be long before we are. It''s not about waiting for luck to change or decisions to go our way, it''s about making things happen through performances, hard work and correct management.

The answer is plain to see. Change from a defensive-oriented strategy to an attack-oriented strategy and stop showing opponents too much respect. Every match is there to be won.

Can Hughton do that ? I don''t think so as he a naturally cautious and respectful person, and IMO that is the reason Newcastle sacked him.   

Better to overeact and get change that may keep us up than do nothing and accept relegation.

But the point is, people are jumping on Hughton''s back for not being attacking enough when we''ve had chances to win games. Hughton cannot control Bassong getting injured. He can''t control whether Kane finishes a one on one. He can''t control how clinical Snodgrass is. He can''t make Surman finish his chance against Newcastle. The chances are being created with his style.

Obviously we took a hammering on Saturday but then we did in the same fixture last season and hey, you can''t win them all.

[quote user="paul moy"]

The answer is plain to see. Change from a defensive-oriented strategy to an attack-oriented strategy and stop showing opponents too much respect. Every match is there to be won.

Can Hughton do that ? I don''t think so as he a naturally cautious and respectful person, and IMO that is the reason Newcastle sacked him.   

Better to overeact and get change that may keep us up than do nothing and accept relegation.

[/quote]But we''re not accepting relegation, you''re expecting relegation for whatever reason and cannot consider the other outcome.

[quote user="splutcho"]But the point is, people are jumping on Hughton''s back for not being attacking enough when we''ve had chances to win games. Hughton cannot control Bassong getting injured. He can''t control whether Kane finishes a one on one. He can''t control how clinical Snodgrass is. He can''t make Surman finish his chance against Newcastle. The chances are being created with his style.

Obviously we took a hammering on Saturday but then we did in the same fixture last season and hey, you can''t win them all.[/quote]Exactly this, there is a witch hunt for Hughton where it isn''t even his fault mostly.

Could it just be that our back up players are not good enough!

Could it be that this is a better league than last year and we have to be more clinical and solid this time around!

Could it be that our manager is still learning our team, our style and this league! he''s only managed Newcastle for 6 month''s at premiership not much experience at this level.

Could it be that our players have second season syndrome and thought it woulod be a lot easier the second time around!

Could it be down to luck, had we scored when we deserved we would have had more points!

Could it be our coaching staff have changed things and players need time to adapt to the new style of coashing!

Or could it just be that Hughton and his management team are not suited in reality to Norwich City and the players?

It could be none of the above or all of the above but to be laying in the bottom three with three points and twice hammered in 6 games is probably not overreacting considering we have Chelsea and Arseanl up next!

Fooball is a funny game, Hughton might get the boot, we might get a real poor manager in next who no-one rates and he might just get the players back to winning ways, on thing is certian, two more hammerings isn''t going to help the confidence of the players or please the fans is it? 

I think the thing that worries me most is there seems to be a few snivelling little worms around here actually willing the team to do badly so they can say I told you so. After the point and performance at Spurs they crawled back into their holes just wishing and waiting for us to slip up and it''s pathetic.

[quote user="splutcho"]I think the thing that worries me most is there seems to be a few snivelling little worms around here actually willing the team to do badly so they can say I told you so. After the point and performance at Spurs they crawled back into their holes just wishing and waiting for us to slip up and it''s pathetic.[/quote]Couldn''t agree more[Y]

[quote user="splutcho"]But the point is, people are jumping on Hughton''s back for not being attacking enough when we''ve had chances to win games. Hughton cannot control Bassong getting injured. He can''t control whether Kane finishes a one on one. He can''t control how clinical Snodgrass is. He can''t make Surman finish his chance against Newcastle. The chances are being created with his style.

Obviously we took a hammering on Saturday but then we did in the same fixture last season and hey, you can''t win them all.[/quote]

he could control the fact he did not sign Kane in the first place, not good enough simple as.

I agree, the Kane signing wasn''t a good one...sorry but that has been shown by only his few performances. We needed someone in who could boost the frontline and we didn''t get him in. I must say it is really looking bleak, but I''ll always back the team that plays for Norwich. I just do not see the spirit there to win a game. If you go out fearing your opponent instead of thinking you can win, you ain''t going to win many... In this post there are a lot of "IF" , "IN CASE" etc.. etc...

You need to take your chances at this level, simple as tahat and there you need personnel who can do that regularly.

Can you give me a link to the snivelling fans who want city to fail?      I disagree with many posters on here,  and have taken an irrational dislike to the odd one or two,  however I am struggling to think of a current regular contributor that wants the club to get relegated  

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]We are now 6 games without a win. The manager hasn''t convinced as yet, and is still trying to work out his best XI.

If we are still winless after 10 then the heat will really turn up on Hughton.[/quote]WOW. Really? Thanks for that insight...Try getting behind the f***ing team rather than stating the obvious!

" ]I think the thing that worries me most is there seems to be a few snivelling little worms around here actually willing the team to do badly so they can say I told you so. After the point and performance at Spurs they crawled back into their holes just wishing and waiting for us to slip up and it''s pathetic "

Dead right. We are not relegated yet, not by a long way, although some on here seem to revel in that prospect. BUT we do need to be confident in our own capabilities, and although that has to come from the manager and players themselves a significant part of that confidence comes from the attitude of the fans. Nothing will contribute to our decline faster than the fans turning on the players.

QPR tonight were dire and we say we were unlucky not to beat them at home. We really should have thrashed them based on how bad they are but we didn''t even beat them. That is a worry. Our tactics were wrong and have been wrong in every game IMO.

[quote user="Surfer"]   Dead right. We are not relegated yet, not by a long way, although some on here seem to revel in that prospect. BUT we do need to be confident in our own capabilities, and although that has to come from the manager and players themselves a significant part of that confidence comes from the attitude of the fans. Nothing will contribute to our decline faster than the fans turning on the players.[/quote]

Its a bit like the chicken and the egg.    The fans have to get behind the team, but the team have to perform well to give the fans the incentive to get behind them.    I think that''s where character comes in - on both sides.   The players have the character collectively?  Do the fans have it too?   It calls for a strong nerve and not let these early setbacks ruin our season.   I think that applies to players and fans alike.

[quote user="paul moy"]QPR tonight were dire and we say we were unlucky not to beat them at home. We really should have thrashed them based on how bad they are but we didn''t even beat them. That is a worry. Our tactics were wrong and have been wrong in every game IMO.[/quote]But the point it it was NOT Hughton''s fault that we didn''t win, he didn''t control Bassong when he felled Cisse, he didn''t control Snoddy when he wasted countlesss opportunities and he didn''t control any of the other chances we spurned.Players fault IMO.