Sign in to follow this  
LA.CANARY

Stop panicking for f!!!ks sake

We''ve lost 3 -two away from home, at the beginning of the season most would have said we would lose at Newcastle. Fulham was always going to be 50/50 - so we lost.

Discount wins at the top 6 teams and we have every chance of staying up. I expect Spurs to be a top 6 team we did well against them.

Don''t expect to win the next 2 games as they are top 6. However have seen enough to suggest we are good enough to stay up - we do need a bit of luck this will come.

Houghton has not become a bad manager, and we have not become a bad team- however if the fickle few say it loud enough we all get dragged down.

We will be fine.

A, lot of football is based on CONFIDENCE, where''s the confidence gonna come from?? we dont score and we''re defending like schoolboys without Bassong. Now we''ve got to go to play 2 topclubs on the back of a real hiding...No I can''t see where the confidence is gonna come from...it hasn''t been there in the first place.

totally agree. The trouble is some think this board is representative of the majority...... it is not.

Only a very small minority post on here and most of those do it for a bit of fun. Trouble is there are some small minded poeple, and binners, who think it matters and makes a difference.....it does not.

The only thing that matters this year is staying up. Let the new manager get the team playing the way he wants week in week out and keep your fingers crossed. If we stay up he will be a hero to everybody. I think we will be fine and long term we MUST stick with the manager long term so it becomes HIS team playing HIS style. Only after christmas when it looks like we are heading down should we even start to consider any changes, and that does not mean the manager. We must not become one of those teams who keeps changing managers willy nilly.

Get behind the team and the manager. Booing does a great deal of damage and should be used with caution. I will never boo a team while playing or at the end of a match, why, it will only drag players and the manager down.

We will stay up this year.

That my post for this season.

i agree... people forget every team is in the same boat- buying new players to improve.. its not like a team says "right we were 11th last year we will settle for 12th this year" ... and most them teams have more money than Norwich....but, look at QPR- they signed 850 new players and currently sit bottom....

in the words of del-boy -

"play it cool trig, play it cool" its always gonna be a long hard season.

It''s not the fact we''ve lost 3 games, it''s the manner of 5 of the 6 performances we''ve seen that worries me.  The only good account we''ve given of ourselves was against Spurs away.QPR at home and West Ham at home was a lot of huff and puff but little quality and poor finishing.Newcastle away was mediocre with the odd sign of optimism.Liverpool at home was poor, a very worrying lack of belief was shown and heads dropped early.Fulham away was diabolically poor, with nothing good to come of it other than no injuries.

I''m not "panicking" because we only have 3 points, I''m panicking because we have only put one good performance in so far this season (I include the league cup in this too, though that''s generally 2nd string nonsense so I''m not worried about that).

I agree that we must view any points from top 6 sides as a bonus and this is why we must take maximum points from teams around about us like QPR who we took 6 from last season and West Ham...oh wait a minute...!

I agree really no need to panic just yet! I feel if we hadn''t of conceded in the 69th second on Saturday the whole game may have been different. We haven''t played badly and have been unlucky not to have grasped 3 points on some occasions. We scored as many goals Saturday as we had all season so lets get behind the team and feel optimistic that we are going to start banging them in and getting the results. Onwards and upwards OTBC!

I agree with Mister Chops. Spurs away was as good as anything last season. Other than that we''ve lacked quality in front of goal - QPR, West Ham, Newcastle - and the less said about Fulham and Liverpool the better. Confidence seems lacking. Can we get more than a point against Stoke? I''m not convinced at the moment.

Its not so much the losing 3 games, but the manner of losing 2 of them. Total collapse. Shocking school boy defending.

The sad thing is, some of the preseason performances highlighted issues, and these havent gone away.

There has been little to take away as positives from some of the performances, yes spurs away was unlucky, but all in all, very little to inspire me i''m afraid to say. And this seems to be shared by many posters on this site.

[quote user="kellybrook"]The pinkun board is RENOWNED for being a place the same old people have come to moan for years.
[/quote]

How the hell would you know?