Sign in to follow this  
St.John Cooper

bottom

So at last my fears are realised, we are now botton of the premiership, the worst team in the division and that is now official.  Back to Stoke, Burnley, Cardiff and Plymouth next season, I am so excited I can hardly wait. One season with the big boys and we have well and truly blown it. We are not even going down with a fight, just rolling over! Another 3 goals let in at home, oh dear dear me, our goal difference is 5 worse than WBA and they have a game in hand. We have had a truly forgettable and pathetic season. My hopes were so much higher but I and we all have been let down!

St.John

[quote]So at last my fears are realised, we are now botton of the premiership, the worst team in the division and that is now official. Back to Stoke, Burnley, Cardiff and Plymouth next season, I am so exci...[/quote]

What was u expecting this season, it was always going to be a struggle with our budget and playing staff, get over it and move on.

It is going to be harder to take for those who had what are, IMO, unrealistic expectations.  I dreamed of mid-table obscurity and a bit more champagne in May, but I also knew that, having spent the least of the three coming up because of having fewer resources in the first place, being anywhere above 20th would be an achievement.  I haven''t given up on us being 19th, 18th, or even 17th yet either, as the numbers don''t yet say otherwise, but wherever we are next season I will still smile at the thought of being thrashed by the likes of Port Vale a few seasons ago and realise where we are at now...and it''s a far better place!  If anyone doesn''t think so then they need more help than our goal difference does!!!

i knew it wud be tough but i didn''t expect certain things. i expected palace to finish bottom with basically no points at all, i expected wba to do really well after all the money they spent, and i expected everton to get relegated!

i''ll say this, i wud rather be winning in the championship than losing in the premiership.

Why the doom and gloom after the weekend?

Ok we lost, other teams around us won and we slipped to the bottom of the table.

However I find it pretty hard to believe how we can be down about it all. Why?

• We''ve just given the run away leaders a good game
  • Been the first team to score against them in 1000+ minutes of Premiership (yes that''s PREMIERSHIP) football.
  • The fans have won more friends and the image of the club has gone from strength to strength thanks to / in despite of (I''m really not sure which) the Deliagate debacle.
  • We''ve seen the future - Ashton + Leon partnership and Shackell.
  • Our "relegation" if it comes will be down to factors which have been in place since our promotion (financial inequality within the premiership, prudent management of the clubs debt, difficulties of attracting players to a relegation favourite, difficulties attracting players due to our geographic location, the transfer window) ...... We''ve been leaking goals and suffering so many injuries all season.

and of course

• It looks more likely we''ll get a local derby next season!!!