1.  Hughton is not a defensive manager   (just look at the stats if you question that)

2. He has still only had 6 premiership games to get the squad playing how he wants them to.

3. Several players out through injury who would be in the first team

4. Tetty yet to be given a start - but looks likely to be a regular once he gets going

5. Our two main strikers scored on Saturday

6.  One win would change the mood around Carrow Rd instantly and send us up the table 7.  No one has yet been relegated by the end of September

8.  There are 32 games left in the season,  96 possible points.    Plenty of time to gain enough wins/draws to get to 40 points or more.

9.  The game on Saturday starts 0-0 with everything to play for.

10. Even though  some fans have given up all ready,  the vast majority of fans would recognise the above points being reasonable.

So there.   [;)]

[quote user="Highland Canary"]Or opinions?[/quote]

Most of that is opinions. LDC conveniently forgets about the pre-season in one of his points. I''ll let you guess which one.

Facts are simple and facts are straight
Facts are lazy and facts are late
Facts all come with points of view
Facts don''t do what I want them to
Facts just twist the truth around
Facts are living turned inside out
Facts are getting the best of them
Facts are nothing on the face of things
Facts don''t stain the furniture
Facts go out and slam the door
Facts are written all over your face
Facts continue to change their shape

[quote user="lake district canary"]1.  Hughton is not a defensive manager   (just look at the stats if you question that)

2. He has still only had 6 premiership games to get the squad playing how he wants them to.

3. Several players out through injury who would be in the first team

4. Tetty yet to be given a start - but looks likely to be a regular once he gets going

5. Our two main strikers scored on Saturday

6.  One win would change the mood around Carrow Rd instantly and send us up the table

7.  No one has yet been relegated by the end of September

8.  There are 32 games left in the season,  96 possible points.    Plenty of time to gain enough wins/draws to get to 40 points or more.

9.  The game on Saturday starts 0-0 with everything to play for.

10. Even though  some fans have given up all ready,  the vast majority of fans would recognise the above points being reasonable.

So there.   [;)]

[/quote]

They''re the biggest points for me

[quote user="paul moy"]

Most of that is opinions. LDC conveniently forgets about the pre-season in one of his points. I''ll let you guess which one.

[/quote]

Most of my 10 statements are facts.    Plenty of people use "facts" to make an argument which paints a bleak picture.  All I''ve done is put  forward a picture which makes things look not quite so bleak.   Make of it what you will.............. 

[quote user="paul moy"]

[/quote]

Go on Paul, you may as well do a negative Facts post to keep it even

[quote user="York Canary"][quote user="paul moy"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Fact.... W''ere still in the Prem for at least this season.

Fact... we will win, lose or draw on Saturday

Fact.... Hughton got the sack at Newcastle

Fact.... 3 points out of 18 and not 1 win.

Fact... LDC posts opinions as fact and I don''t  

[quote user="paul moy"][quote user="York Canary"][quote user="paul moy"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

No, you are just a doom monger.  [:P]  

“NOW, what I want is, Facts. Tell these yellow and green boys and girls nothing but Facts. Facts alone are wanted in life. Plant nothing else, and root out everything else. You can only form the minds of reasoning supporters upon Facts: nothing else will ever be of any service to them. This is the principle on which I bring up my own opinions, and this is the principle on which I bring to these canary supporters. Stick to Facts, sir!”

With apologies to Charlie Dickens and LDC, whose particular Facts were refreshingly positive.

You''ve missed a trick here LDC

you should''ve put each point on a different thread to balance out the million negative threads from wiz

Either that or teach the self important moron how to bullet point like this

[quote user="paul moy"][quote user="York Canary"][quote user="paul moy"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

When did you turn over a new leaf because I think I must have missed it ?

My biggest concern is actually one of these points.I am not sure that more than one or maybe two players who are injured would be in the starting line up for Hughton.I do not think he is not picking this 11 because he has no other choice. Bassong apart I believe that saturday would have been the same line up.People can say all they want that it would not have been the same story with Bassong in the team but if we fall apart that badly because 1 guy is missing that is no comfort. We WILL be without Bassong again this season.

[quote user="Yellow Shirt"]My biggest concern is actually one of these points.

I am not sure that more than one or maybe two players who are injured would be in the starting line up for Hughton.
I do not think he is not picking this 11 because he has no other choice. Bassong apart I believe that saturday would have been the same line up.

People can say all they want that it would not have been the same story with Bassong in the team but if we fall apart that badly because 1 guy is missing that is no comfort. We WILL be without Bassong again this season.
[/quote]

It is slightly worrying that refuses to start a fully fit Fox or Hoolahan or even Elliott Bennett. Or Ryan Bennett rather than Turner! Hopefully he has seen the light and isn''t a stubborn mule

[quote user="Yellow Shirt"]My biggest concern is actually one of these points.I am not sure that more than one or maybe two players who are injured would be in the starting line up for Hughton.I do not think he is not picking this 11 because he has no other choice. Bassong apart I believe that saturday would have been the same line up.People can say all they want that it would not have been the same story with Bassong in the team but if we fall apart that badly because 1 guy is missing that is no comfort. We WILL be without Bassong again this season.[/quote]

I believe Pilks, if fully fit, would of started.

so that makes the two :D

Bill Hicks - I only deal in facts, thats why Im a cocky fackin'' bustard!

On to the original subject matter, Im with you on this OP on this.  Lets get some perspective here.  We player poorly against Fulham, as we always do.  So not a surprise really.  Weve then played well without having that bit of luck for four games, and a couple of results that would have settled nerves.  Then we capsized against a Liverpool team, as we have done many times in our history.  We didnt lose to the teams that matter being West Ham and QPR.  Did anyone expect a result against Spurs or the Toon?  Well we got an extra point there.  Half full not half empty in my opinion, or fact!

If we now get 1 point out of our next 2 games weve done well.  Lets not panick for the next few games.  Lets get behind the team.  Holts off the mark now, so inshallah the goals will begin to flow regularly.

November is when we really need to start to kick on, and we should be able to get some points that month looking at the fixture list.  If we dont, then Im all for manning the lifeboats!

[quote user="Webbo118"][quote user="paul moy"][quote user="York Canary"][quote user="paul moy"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

When did you turn over a new leaf because I think I must have missed it ?

[/quote]

You haven''t got a clue what facts are then. [:D]

Actually the fact that we only have 96 points available from 32 games and with Chelsea and Arsenal up next you can say, not fact but say, we can write off any points from that then we need another 37 points from 90, that''s a tough ask!

Let''s hope that 36 points might be enough this season!

[quote user="The Yellow Pimpernel"]

Bill Hicks - I only deal in facts, thats why Im a cocky fackin'' bustard!

On to the original subject matter, Im with you on this OP on this.  Lets get some perspective here.  We player poorly against Fulham, as we always do.  So not a surprise really.  Weve then played well without having that bit of luck for four games, and a couple of results that would have settled nerves.  Then we capsized against a Liverpool team, as we have done many times in our history.  We didnt lose to the teams that matter being West Ham and QPR.  Did anyone expect a result against Spurs or the Toon?  Well we got an extra point there.  Half full not half empty in my opinion, or fact!

If we now get 1 point out of our next 2 games weve done well.  Lets not panick for the next few games.  Lets get behind the team.  Holts off the mark now, so inshallah the goals will begin to flow regularly.

November is when we really need to start to kick on, and we should be able to get some points that month looking at the fixture list.  If we dont, then Im all for manning the lifeboats!

[/quote]I''m sick of hearing that we played well in between the pastings- not how it looked to me, especially at Newcastle. We maybe could have got more from those games but we did not look good.

1.  Hughton is not a defensive manager.   Fact or Opinion?   Stats say nothing in themselves and can be manipulated to support either defensive or aggressive.  - attacking or defensive is an opinion based on viewing.

Correct for prem games,  but he has also had cup games and pre-season,  so it is a little more than that,  is a fact,  but more incomplete statement excluding some context

3. Several players out through injury who would be in the first team - Fact or Opinion?   Bassong would start,  of the rest only Pilkington may do,  could be a bench player only - hardly several.  Bennett is a bench man;   beyond that none 

4. Tetty yet to be given a start - but looks likely to be a regular once he gets going - De Opinion - none of use know how CH views his use

5. Our two main strikers scored on Saturday Fact

6.  One win would change the mood around Carrow Rd instantly and send us up the table - Two points - one Opinion based on good supposition (a poor performance and lucky win would be welcome but may not change the mood) - the second is probably fact.

7.  No one has yet been relegated by the end of September    Fact

8.  There are 32 games left in the season,  96 possible points.    Plenty of time to gain enough wins/draws to get to 40 points or more.   Fact

9.  The game on Saturday starts 0-0 with everything to play for.  Fact 

10. Even though  some fans have given up all ready,  the vast majority of fans would recognise the above points being reasonable.  Opinion

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

1.  Hughton is not a defensive manager.   Fact or Opinion?   Stats say nothing in themselves and can be manipulated to support either defensive or aggressive.  - attacking or defensive is an opinion based on viewing.2. He has still only had 6 premiership games to get the squad playing how he wants them to     Correct for prem games,  but he has also had cup games and pre-season,  so it is a little more than that,  is a fact,  but more incomplete statement excluding some context3. Several players out through injury who would be in the first team - Fact or Opinion?   Bassong would start,  of the rest only Pilkington may do,  could be a bench player only - hardly several.  Bennett is a bench man;   beyond that none  4. Tetty yet to be given a start - but looks likely to be a regular once he gets going - De Opinion - none of use know how CH views his use5. Our two main strikers scored on Saturday Fact6.  One win would change the mood around Carrow Rd instantly and send us up the table - Two points - one Opinion based on good supposition (a poor performance and lucky win would be welcome but may not change the mood) - the second is probably fact. 7.  No one has yet been relegated by the end of September    Fact8.  There are 32 games left in the season,  96 possible points.    Plenty of time to gain enough wins/draws to get to 40 points or more.   Fact9.  The game on Saturday starts 0-0 with everything to play for.  Fact 10. Even though  some fans have given up all ready,  the vast majority of fans would recognise the above points being reasonable.  Opinion[/quote]

Ok, I make that  5/10.   Not good enough [:(]   I''ll go back to school........................

On point number two, I think that premiership games have to be the benchmark for judging performances.   The warm up games and cup games are not the real thing - thats why I brought in that fact as being relevant......

The most worrying thing is that little seemed to have been learnt from pre-season (rather the reverse as Vaughan was mystifyingly let out on loan) and there is little evidence of things improving after Fulham. The main positive we cling to at times like this is that behind the scenes there is a high-performing team who know exactly what the issue is and have a coherent plan to fix it. I''m not convinced that this is the case and if Turner runs out at Stamford Bridge my mind to the contrary will have been made up.

However, I do recall some talk about a 5 year plan which had us promoted to the PL after 3 years, then instant relegation, followed by promotion again. So, if this season is the second limb then we are ahead of expectations and we shouldn''t worry!