Sign in to follow this  
pete_norw

Villa+Petrov+Faulkner=Lambert

Yes another Lambert thread, But this one will blow all the rest away, Now before anyone starts harping on about Lamberts Loyalty we all know he has none for anyone, Now my nephew is a Theatre Technitian in the Hospital where Petrov was first having treatment, Lambert went to visit him, Nothing wrong with an old friend visiting another in Hospital, then along comes Faulkner, 2 HOURS later He and Lambert leave All smiles and handshakes, All coincidence you might say, this was befor Lambert was asked the Villa Questions and his reply was something in the lines as it being disrespectful to talk about the other managers job. He had taken the Job on in Petrov''s private room. weeks before the last match of the season, Anyone wonder why Petrov is still in the squad of 25 and still club captain. If this post gets me banned for telling the truth then I hope a load of you Lambert happy clappers read this and realise what a ..............He is.   

Petrov is still in the squad of 25 and still club captain because he''s recovering from a life threatening illness and its good PR, did you expect Villa to discard him during his treatment? I would expect any club to do the same if they had a player who was that ill, football clubs can and still do things because they''re the right thing to do.

Who really cares? He wanted to leave, he organised something and went. Does it really matter about all of the ins and outs and dodgy dealings etc etc. It happened, it was always going to happen and there was little to nothing that could be done about it. Ok it could have been done more amicably, but this is Lambert we are talking about, when is he ever that? You only need to look at the way he joined us, we all were expecting it, just was hoping he wouldn''t do the same to us. He did, oh well, thank you for a great 3 years. Look forward to 3 points off him in a few weeks.

[quote user="TCCANARY"]

Petrov is still in the squad of 25 and still club captain because he''s recovering from a life threatening illness and its good PR, did you expect Villa to discard him during his treatment? I would expect any club to do the same if they had a player who was that ill, football clubs can and still do things because they''re the right thing to do.

[/quote]

No I never expect a club to discard him, just pointing out the old pals act, incidently my Nephew is not a Villa fan or even any of the other B-ham clubs, so no reason to tell me this other than out of interest.  

[quote user="pete_norw"]Yes another Lambert thread, But this one will blow all the rest away, Now before anyone starts harping on about Lamberts Loyalty we all know he has none for anyone, Now my nephew is a Theatre Technitian in the Hospital where Petrov was first having treatment, Lambert went to visit him, Nothing wrong with an old friend visiting another in Hospital, then along comes Faulkner, 2 HOURS later He and Lambert leave All smiles and handshakes, All coincidence you might say, this was befor Lambert was asked the Villa Questions and his reply was something in the lines as it being disrespectful to talk about the other managers job.

He had taken the Job on in Petrov''s private room. weeks before the last match of the season,

Anyone wonder why Petrov is still in the squad of 25 and still club captain. If this post gets me banned for telling the truth then I hope a load of you Lambert happy clappers read this and realise what a ..............He is.   [/quote]

You actually have no idea if that''s true, have you? It is an assumption , based on one event (Lambert getting the Villa job) having followed another event (him having met the Villa chief executive). What in posh logic terms is called a "post hoc ergo propter hoc" argument. But because one event follows the other it doesn''t mean the first event caused the second.

As you said, it was perfectly reasonable for Lambert to be visiting Petrov. Equally reasonable for Faulkner to be doing the same. May have been a complete coincidence that Lambert and Faulkner turned up at the same time. If Villa were going to tap up Lambert they probably would have arranged it somewhere less public than a hospital.

[quote user="pete_norw"][quote user="TCCANARY"]

[/quote]

No I never expect a club to discard him, just pointing out the old pals act, incidently my Nephew is not a Villa fan or even any of the other B-ham clubs, so no reason to tell me this other than out of interest.  

[/quote]

Apologies for sounding incredibly cynical here but if Petrov should not sufficiently recover enough to play again (and I really hope he does) then Villa will not lose out. The Insurance settlements (for club and player) on a player having to retire through injury are astronomical and I assume it is a similar scenario for a player with a life threatening illness. So, is it really an old pals act? Doubtful...

Even if this is true, so what? It won''t bring him back, and it''d be nigh on impossible to prove in order to file some form of ''tapping up'' complaint. I really couldn''t care less about any of this anymore - whatever the compo is, we won''t be able to spend it on players until January at the earliest. Even then, it probably isn''t going to be some astronomical amount that means we''ll be able to afford all sorts of players. As such, I think we''ve got more important things to be worrying about (ie; our battle to stay in the prem) than the issue of whether our ex-manager once talked to his now-boss whilst still a NCFC employee.

[quote user="pete_norw"][quote user="TCCANARY"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

So what you''re suggesting is that Petrov is still in the 25 man squad and club captain because he facilitated a meeting between Lambert & Faulkner where they spent 2 hours negotiating his new contract at Villa?

There''s a couple of things about this that just don''t add up.Theatre Technicians wouldn''t be hanging around Private rooms for a couple of hours. So how did he see Faulkner arrive and leave, it''d be rather a coincidence if he "just happened to be passing" both times.How on Earth would your Nephew know what Faulkner looks like anyway?Just wondering, what hospital does your Nephew work at?

So let me get this right...........you are suggesting that Lambert and Faulkner arranged to meet to thrash things out over his move to Villa by using a hospital room where a man is laying in bed fighting a life threatening illness ? yeah righto whatever.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]So let me get this right...........you are suggesting that Lambert and Faulkner arranged to meet to thrash things out over his move to Villa by using a hospital room where a man is laying in bed fighting a life threatening illness ? yeah righto whatever.[/quote]

Just wondered how long it would be before tilly got his nose in , All I''m saying is what I have been told, And the equipment in Petrov''s has to be checked and kept in order yes it was a coincidence , by the way my nephew supports manure

Missed/forgotten something here?

What was Lambert''s connection with Petrov at that time?

If this is true, and feasability it does not lack, despite Til''s point, then it will emerge eventually and big compensation is due. Enough to cover what we paid for the Hoots to start with and then with sufficient over to buy Darren Bent from them. [:D][:D][:D]

Some hopes, but watch this space.

I never expected McNasty to lay down and die.

[quote user="pete_norw"][quote user="TIL 1010"]So let me get this right...........you are suggesting that Lambert and Faulkner arranged to meet to thrash things out over his move to Villa by using a hospital room where a man is laying in bed fighting a life threatening illness ? yeah righto whatever.[/quote] Just wondered how long it would be before tilly got his nose in , All I''m saying is what I have been told, And the equipment in Petrov''s has to be checked and kept in order yes it was a coincidence , by the way my nephew supports manure[/quote]

But your not just saying what you''ve been told, this sentence ''He had taken the Job on in Petrov''s private room. weeks before the last match of the season, Anyone wonder why Petrov is still in the squad of 25 and still club captain'' implies that theres a link to Petrov still being in the squad and club captain and the meeting. What makes you think that?

He played with Petrov at Celtic Broadstairs.

And yeah, like already said. If this is true, surely Villa will be in trouble? Although I assume without admission from Lambert/Faulkner/Petrov it can''t actually be said what they talked about. But if Lambert was in the hospital with Faulkner, for some time, which is assumably provable (hospitals must have CCTV...) then I imagine it can easily be assumed something suspect happened.

It''s a lovely story - but doesn''t ring with the truth that Villa offerred the job to Solskjaer before they offerred the job to Lambert.

I imagine Lambert and Faulkner could possibly manage to be in the same room for a period of time without one offerring another one a job - especially whilst sitting next to someone who is fighting for their life and is good friend of both.

Who cares anymore? What does it matter? The bloke is a toe rag, he wormed his way out of playing for Motherwell because he wanted more money, he weasled himself out of the Colchester job to come to Norwich and then lo and behold he did the same to us. If he gets it right at Villa he will do the same to them and so on and so forth.

He has a previous of looking out for himself and not giving a toss about anybody else, so what, I wouldn''t care much about being loyal to football supporters, look at the way some of  you lot call for Chris Hughton''s head after a friggin game, what loyalty that is.

Thanks GP. Remember now.

Something is fishy here, although I could never see Faulkner and Lambert discussing such matters in front of another player, whatever the circumstances.

Maybe the pair slipped away for a cup of tea in the hospital canteen afterwards or arranged a more secretive rendezvous.

Perhaps NCFC should request the ''New Tricks'' team investigate the matter, although it''s a pity Bolam has left as Terry was well into his football and would have sussed out a ''likely lad'' like Lambo straight away. 

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]

Thanks GP. Remember now.

Something is fishy here, although I could never see Faulkner and Lambert discussing such matters in front of another player, whatever the circumstances.

Maybe the pair slipped away for a cup of tea in the hospital canteen afterwards or arranged a more secretive rendezvous.

Perhaps NCFC should request the ''New Tricks'' team investigate the matter, although it''s a pity Bolam has left as Terry was well into his football and would have sussed out a ''likely lad'' like Lambo straight away. 

[/quote]

Call it what you like, I''m just the messanger here, I''m a bit old and long in the tooth to come on here and make up stories, unlike some on here, if you fee that way inclined you can always check my previous posts, I don''t make thinks up, Perhaps my wording should have been put better but  perhaps thats the way I speak and write.

It could easily be quite feasible

If 2 complete strangers turn up at a mutual friends bedside, then ''normally'' wouldn''t you step aside to let the other visitor have their own private time with the patient? Lambert had travelled a long way after all, the other guy lives ''round the corner'' so could pop back easily

I am sure the FA would not dare question anyone in the hospital or dare ask for CCTV proof,as they would be told where to go!

Theories a plenty, but like has been said, ultimately, Lambert wanted to go, and as soon as that raises it''s head there is nothing you can do

[quote user="pete_norw"][quote user="BroadstairsR"]

Thanks GP. Remember now.

[/quote]

Call it what you like, I''m just the messanger here, I''m a bit old and long in the tooth to come on here and make up stories, unlike some on here, if you fee that way inclined you can always check my previous posts, I don''t make thinks up, Perhaps my wording should have been put better but  perhaps thats the way I speak and write.

[/quote]

By "fishy" I meant the Lambert/Faulkner meeting pete, not the content of any of your original post. Hence my joking reference to a subsequent meeting that might need investigating.

If valid, this is important stuff regarding the tapping-up rules and compensation for NCFC.

This whole business has got some mileage yet I hope, believe and care.

[quote user="pete_norw"][quote user="TIL 1010"]So let me get this right...........you are suggesting that Lambert and Faulkner arranged to meet to thrash things out over his move to Villa by using a hospital room where a man is laying in bed fighting a life threatening illness ? yeah righto whatever.[/quote] Just wondered how long it would be before tilly got his nose in , All I''m saying is what I have been told, And the equipment in Petrov''s has to be checked and kept in order yes it was a coincidence , by the way my nephew supports manure[/quote]

You start a thread based on an employer and personal friend being at Petrovs hospital bedside visiting at the same time and then portray some sinister conspiracy theory regarding Lamberts departure from NCFC and i give my opinion on it so you give it the " wondered how long it would be before tilly got his nose in" !!!!!!! Have i missed something here or am i not allowed an opinion ?

It''s only of relevance if you believe that Lambert wouldn''t have been offered the job if the meeting hadn''t taken place. If Villa wanted Lambert they would have approached him somehow. It may be illegal but that''s what happens. The ''chance meeting'' could have been ''arranged'' earlier anyway on the lines of "I''ll be up to visit Petrov at the weekend" - "ok , see you there then".

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

You start a thread based on an employer and personal friend being at Petrovs hospital bedside visiting at the same time and then portray some sinister conspiracy theory regarding Lamberts departure from NCFC and i give my opinion on it so you give it the " wondered how long it would be before tilly got his nose in" !!!!!!! Have i missed something here or am i not allowed an opinion ?

[/quote]

There I go again, picking the wrong words, but your opinion seems to be calling me a liar, As anyone will know that people who does the same job as my Nephew don''t sit in the theatre 24/7, they visit the wards and check on equipment and moniter progress of treatment, Yes everyone has an opinion, and times I have valued yours, but sorry if I offended , but your comment seemed that the whole thing is nothing but crap, I''M not in the habit of making things up I have no reason. 

Villa, in disarray, are looking for a new manager.

Paul Lambert is highly regarded in footballing circles and ripe for picking from ''little'' Norwich.

The two (Lambo & Faulkner) reportedly co-incide with each other in a Birmingham hospital, whilst visiting an employee/friend. Witness = reliable.

What happened next? Who knows?  Whilst nothing was probably discussed of importance in the ward in front of Petrov, any number of furtive meetings could have evolved after that:

(Exeunt. Stage left. Deep in conversation.)

"Come to dinner at mine tonight Paul in my Sutton Colfield mansion? The wife''s preparing hagiss and will even deep-fry you a couple of Mars bars for your sweet if you fancy. I''ve a nice bottle or two of single-malt in the cocktail cabinet as well." 

"Och aye, thet''s greeyt," Mr. Faulkner, "Yu''ll hev to dirict me over that feckin'' Macaroni Junction fist though. That''s crep." 

Norwich get an approach from Faulkner regarding their manager and fail to fend it off due to a well researched legality.

Lambert becomes Aston Villa manager in rapid time.

Fishy?

I have lost track a bit, but believe that the matter is going to arbitration?

If so, somebody might have to tell porkies, a dangerous route. I hope McNally is in his best sleuth-like mode. He has lost slight face over this whole business so far, so I want to see the cornered rat bit from him. Keep yer teeth in McN. 

I care about this a lot. I care about our Club not being short-changed and also about every pound that is in the Club''s coffers. We were up-front in our dealings with Birmingham and paid the price accordingly. I want us to get a fair whack from Aston Villa too. Does anybody believe this whole business was done fairly?

One million might do it Randy, you know you have it.