Sign in to follow this  
kick it off

4 villa tickets for £44

http://www.avfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10265~2935684,00.html?
Villa offering 4 tickets for a combined £44. £11 per ticket. A saving of £28 a ticket on our prices.
The fact all applicants for away tickets have been successful again is hardly a shocker. We no longer have the demand for balloted/priority away ticketing and it''s hardly surprising when we''re being milked by the home clubs who then offer 4 tickets to their fans for pittance more than the price of one ticket for us. 
Shame the days of us charging reasonable prices at home are long gone.

[quote user="......and Smith must score."]The way we screw away fans at Carrow Rd we can hardly complain....[/quote]

Thats a strange logic? Us fans don''t set ticket prices at Carrow Road so yeah we have every right to complain, its just if we are being consistent and non-hypocritical we should moan about our club ripping away fans of too.

Why would anyone bother going to Villa Park is beyond me, i cant think of nothing worse than seeing Bent score 5 goals and Lambert with a grin like a cheshire cat!!!

Someone should tweet Mcnally about this ticket deal, initially according to advertising boards last week it said family ticket for 4, now it just appears to be any 4 tickets. Is it not like Blackburn last year where they''ll have to make an equivalent offer to away fans.

It would be nice to get a little victory over Villa however small.

Villa had a very similar offer for the game last year. Newcastle were offering discounted tickets in one home section for last week''s game against us as well. The rules are that home and away ticket prices have to be the same for equivalent seating areas. That''s not the case here as the cheap Villa tickets are upper tier behind the goal, and the away section is along the side. We got a discount on the Blackburn game because that offer was for anywhere in the stadium i.e. including us.

It stinks but they can get away with it. The Football Supporters'' Federation are a good body to approach with complaints of this type.

Villa fans sitting in the same stand are paying the same prices. £39 for the lower tier and £42 for the upper tier. The offer is for the North Stand upper which is part of the oldest stand in the ground and not comparable to the Witton Lane Stand.

[quote user="Ghost of Pongo Waring"]Villa fans sitting in the same stand are paying the same prices. £39 for the lower tier and £42 for the upper tier. The offer is for the North Stand upper which is part of the oldest stand in the ground and not comparable to the Witton Lane Stand.[/quote]
They''re all equally as $hit from the looks of them. Although to be fair, their level of dereliction is probably accentuated from never being more than half full.

To be fair it shouldn''t matter where the tickets are in relation to ours, just on a safety issue it seems flawed to me. Considering visiting fans are having to find the money to travel to the game as well in these tough economic times this sort of deal must be surely open to temptation of abuse.

I doubt they would do this against Birmingham or Wolves.

[quote user="norfolkchance1"]To be fair it shouldn''t matter where the tickets are in relation to ours, just on a safety issue it seems flawed to me. Considering visiting fans are having to find the money to travel to the game as well in these tough economic times this sort of deal must be surely open to temptation of abuse.

I doubt they would do this against Birmingham or Wolves.[/quote]I presume that anyone taking up the offer would need to have a previous booking history, especially if the application came from Norfolk.Most, if not all clubs, have various offers during the season at the less high profile games. Obviously this wouldn''t be done at games against Blues, Wolves or Albion but then Norwich wouldn''t introduce ticket offers at a game against Ipswich.[quote user="kick it off"]
They''re all equally as

$hit from the looks of them. Although to be fair, their level of

dereliction is probably accentuated from never being more than half

full.
[/quote]Is that the best you can do? Why make an attempt at trolling anyway to a post that was not in anyway insulting to your club or fans but just a reasoned reply to the thread?

Do we have a smaller allocation or is the interest just lower this season? Or have Villa re-configured the away seating - unlikely I suspect?

Last year on the ballot form we had an option of Upper or Lower tier. I''ve just received my tickets - group 2 - in the lower tier and note that tickets are on general sale but only in theist tier.

Does this indicate both a lower location with significantly reduced demand from City fans or is there an alternative explanation?

[quote user="Highland Canary"]Do we have a smaller allocation or is the interest just lower this season? Or have Villa re-configured the away seating - unlikely I suspect?

Last year on the ballot form we had an option of Upper or Lower tier. I''ve just received my tickets - group 2 - in the lower tier and note that tickets are on general sale but only in theist tier.

Does this indicate both a lower location with significantly reduced demand from City fans or is there an alternative explanation?[/quote]Away fans seats are the same as last season. Sometimes the away club only takes up the minimum allocation and has only one tier but that doesn''t look the case, or seem likely, for this game.  Both upper and lower tier are marked as unavailable for purchase on the Villa website.