Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Goal Music! An embarrassment!

If ever there was a reason why the goal music should be got rid of  - it was on Saturday.    The Norwich goals were not met with a vast cheer and it soon subsided.   The nerk who pressed the goal music button must have been a bit  embarrassed.   It was just stupid.  It shows what an empty gesture it is trying to orchestrate a crowd.    We are able to celebrate accordingly when a goal is scored.  Pleased about the goals, of course, but the goal music blaring across an almost silent Carrow Rd was an embarrassment.TIME TO GET RID OF IT!  

It was even more disgusting to hear the usual sheep bleating it out, waiting for it to be turned on.

It''s even worse that when the club did a poll on facebook to see what people thought of the goal music, over 70% said keep it.

Get rid I say.

Agreed. Heard Liverpool fans talking about it after the match. Such a bad song as well!

Yep, and hearing it on the highlights on MOTD too, so tinny and loud because the fans were not cheering the goals - embarrassing and cringeworthy - surely it''s common sense not to play the music when we''re losing heavily? I seem to remember the same thing happening when Cody scored vs Col U when it was already 5-0.

On a day when there was little to smile about, I have to admit that the delay after each goal before the music started up was quite funny. Gallows humour, "It''s been so long since he played it, he couldn''t find it" etc.

In truth though, when you score at 1-5 the music isn''t really appropriate. Having said that, Holts goal was a cracker and was worthy of a decent celebration.

We agree on something Ldc. I squirmed with embarrassment when the music came on? Almost as much when the fans baited Suarez on that miss and ten seconds later he scored!

"It''s even worse that when the club did a poll on facebook to see what people thought of the goal music, over 70% said keep it."Didn''t even know there was a facebook poll, probably why the majority wanted to keep it  

Everything will be something else to moan about until we win a game! Some of you really are miserable beggars! Did you not cheer Holty''s goal? Such a composed finish for a fat useless tyrefitter! Perhaps that''s what those who didn''t cheer didn''t like it.

The club have the goal music because it helps people celebrate when goals are scored. If people didn''t like the goal music then the club would have got rid of it by now. We have a good young team, better than last year, and it will only be a matter of time until Hughton turns them into a lean mean goalscoring machine and then the goal music will ring out every other minute and you will all be grateful.

FFS, get behind the club and stop moaning!

Goal music is plastic and tinpot. It really made us look both on Saturday get rid.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Everything will be something else to moan about until we win a game! Some of you really are miserable beggars! Did you not cheer Holty''s goal? Such a composed finish for a fat useless tyrefitter! Perhaps that''s what those who didn''t cheer didn''t like it.

[/quote]

I reckon there are a fair few who didn''t cheer Holtys goal, more than a fair few didn''t see it until Match of the Day as they''d cried off early because we were losing.

Imagine if they''d been there a few seasons ago when we were always losing, I bet they didn''t go at all!!!!!

Oh.......they probably didn''t.........

The goal music was funny. There was plenty of room to dance around in the Barclay thanks to the sulkers clearing off.

The goal music should be long gone, I''ve hated it since we started having it.

2 other teams that spring to mind that have goal music? Wigan & Bolton...I rest my case.

I don''t know. I left on about 75-80 minutes and I went to most of the games when we had Peter Grant and then Glenn Roeder in charge. Including a horribly shoddy away performance at Milton Keynes.

I sat through all of these games.

To be honest, the past few years had helped me to erase these painful memories but the performance on Saturday brought with it some stark flashbacks that were impossible to ignore.

This could have been due to the vast quantities of booze I''d consumed the evening prior, of course.

Truth is, I went and watched it downstairs in the bar because I didn''t want to stand in the Barclay anymore. It was getting too much!

Having said this, i do actually agree with what everyone is saying about us having a better team now. I think we''ve played some good football and have been unlucky not to come out with more in 4 of our 6 games. Luck didn''t go our way at the state of the second half on Saturday, that''s for sure.

When we''re rubbish though, this season, we''re really rubbish.

Oh and...err...yeah. Change the goal music and just let off a canon or something....

Load of fuss about nothing at all I reckon.

Anyway, my favourite memory of the goal music was probably missed by the moanin'' old beggars on here. Middlesboro in 2005. Losing 4-1 we score a goal and the music strikes up. You lot would cringe with embarrassment, I thought it was funny and the Boro fans danced and sung along ripping the pee. We scored again and about half the Boro fans danced and sung along ripping the pee. We scored again and all those Boro fans were angry at their team or had their head in their hands while we sung along and ripped the pee. The goal music helped to make that day priceless. I wonder how many of you moanin'' minnies had already gone home.

I remember that day Nigel, I was on my chair screaming them on, I didnt care the Boro fans taking the pee, it was hilarious when we equalised and they stopped. I remember in the interview after the game Fleming saying we spurred them on singing "We''re gonna win 5-4" not quite, but it was a great fightback.

At least the music isnt Tom Hark. Theres always a whinging few who will be in the minority, no doubt this will come up in the fans forum taking time away from more important subjects. The kids love the music too, its good to see people happy and dancing when we score, even if we are losing 5-2.

If they dont get rid of it after the forum, then stop moaning about it and stop pestering McNally on Twitter, he has better things to be doing then deleting your tweets.

I''ve been moaning for ages now about how terrible the goal ''music'' is. It was terrible and outdated several years ago, and I just cannot believe 70% of people like it. I''ve literally never met a Norwich fan who likes it, and considering I moan loudly about it almost everytime I talk to anyone near the ground you''d have thought someone would defend it?!

It simply makes me cringe whenever I hear it, I think the CD should be buried in a deep hole alongside Fatboy Slim''s ''Right Here, Right Now''. An awful piece of ''music'' which should never be played over a loud tannoy system, or indeed any system.

But then again what would I moan about? Dilemma.

I honestly thought it was better before goal music. I used to like those rattles....

Those were the days! [sn]We didn''t need music to make a noise and not the slightest bit embarrassing either...

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

I honestly thought it was better before goal music. I used to like those rattles....

Those were the days! [sn]We didn''t need music to make a noise and not the slightest bit embarrassing either...

[/quote]

I see you''ve sandpapered off the red paint base layer too..

Very wise.

[;)]

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

Very wise.

[;)]

OTBC

[/quote]

Ha! I had a yellow and green one! I bet you never even owned one but I seem to remember you nearly wore one once...

[quote user="chwb2003"] Theres always a whinging few who will be in the minority, no doubt this will come up in the fans forum taking time away from more important subjects. The kids love the music too, its good to see people happy and dancing when we score, even if we are losing 5-2. [/quote]

The whinging few  happen to pay their money to watch a match and if there is something they don''t like they are quite entitled to say so.  It was cringeworthy on Saturday, everyone I have spoken to and quite alot of posts on here  agree.  

The kids get plenty of music everywhere these days, let them learn to celebrate without having someone thrusting loud noise at them for a change.   I used to be happy and dance and shout when we scored when I was a kid - didn''t need music to help - its about time kids were allowed to express themselves without being artificially choreographed all the time.

The music is annoying - to me and a not insignificant minority.

I found this on the Q&A session from a few weeks ago, there was a poll but i''m still trawling around for it!

Comment From Yellow Belly - Can we please scrap this goal music this season - it makes us look a bit "amateurish" IMHO. Comment from Dan. why do we still have goal music when everyone hates it?

David McNally: Dear Yellow Belly and Bucks Canary, the matter of goal celebration music seems to divide supporters. As part of a recent poll there was a small majority in favour of scrapping the current goal music. A significant minority was in favour of retaining the current music whilst there was an additional clamour for the goal celebration to remain, but for the choice of music to change. It''s a tricky one but at the moment supporters have a number of mixed views on the matter. Additionally we get complaints each match that the music is either too loud or too quite and I remain convinced that this is an area in which we will never please all of the people all of the time.

In order to try and move forward though our media team colleagues invite your views via polls on here, on canaries.co.uk''s homepage and on our official Facebook account.

Comment from Jack. I like the goal music

Comment From Jack Bryant. Please don''t remove the goal song!! I''ve been used to hearing it ever since i started going to football. It would be too quiet without any music!

Comment From Tom Blazak. I hate the goal music personally, but agree, there should be some supporter consultation to ensure the wishes of the majority are fairly represented. Keep up the excellent work David.

Would a better song choice be : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PX_tGWyt_g from 1.10 to about 1.33??

In theory it would mean we the fans could sing along (without sounding like someone in a kareoke bar trying to hit high notes(and as much as my sentimental side tells me it dosnt, it really does)), drop CITY in the apropriate place of course and carry on singing after it stops. Would create and maintain an atmosphere after a goal IMO This probably wont please the people not for goal music in the first place so, sorry to those chaps!

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

Very wise.

[;)]

OTBC

[/quote]

Is Nutty Nigel a closet glory hunter!?!?

Nigel!!! You pontificate like the yellow elder statesman, surely you''re not a secret Scouser? Especially after all that stuff last week?