Sign in to follow this  
Ivan Easter

Lets get on with it

Lets put all this Lambert affair and predictions of doom behind us and just get on and play our football hard and prove everybody wrong. Also the Manager should come out a lot more positive for our team and stop saying how good everybody else is. We can do it we did it last season now lets get a grip. This in my opinion started wrong at the beginning of the season when it appeared all the management were interested in is just to survive this season. We should aim higher than that and show the rest how good we are. There is nothing else that can be done (if it will be at all) until the January window so lets get on with it. I do think however that if by the end of ten games we are still under performing, Hughton should go. Lets have a good show at Chelasea and maybe a win.

I agreed with all of that, except the penultimate sentence.

Is ten games all NCFC gives a manager nowadays? Even Gunny had more.

Hughton is our man, like it or not. To get rid so soon would be tantamount to footballing and financial suicide. It would cost a fortune and the upheaval would mean that we would likely be doomed before the New Year.  Our Club would be a laughing stock, on all fronts, and deservedly so.

Who is to be the genie we can suddenly produce to replace Hughton and ensure the Premiership millions next season, in any case? I can think of nobody in the whole World of Football with such a magic wand.

We all knew it would be tough. It will be tougher still if we start pressing the panic button so prematurely.   

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]

I agreed with all of that, except the penultimate sentence.

Is ten games all NCFC gives a manager nowadays? Even Gunny had more.

Hughton is our man, like it or not. To get rid so soon would be tantamount to footballing and financial suicide. It would cost a fortune and the upheaval would mean that we would likely be doomed before the New Year.  Our Club would be a laughing stock, on all fronts, and deservedly so.

Who is to be the genie we can suddenly produce to replace Hughton and ensure the Premiership millions next season, in any case? I can think of nobody in the whole World of Football with such a magic wand.

We all knew it would be tough. It will be tougher still if we start pressing the panic button so prematurely.   

[/quote]I agree. Look at Wigan last season for example. For the first two thirds of the season they were absolutely awful, everybody agreed they were certain to go down, Remember the howls of protest when we "only" drew 1-1 with them? But they turned it round, and ended the season like champions and were comfortable in 15th place by the end.So the question is, should Wigan have sacked Roberto Martinez after 6 games? Or after 10 games? Or halfway through the season, like Wolves did with Mick McCarthy?And should we be talking about sacking Chris Hughton after only 6 games this season? The words "knee-jerk reaction" and "blind panic" spring to mind.

I genuinely believe that Hughton will get it right and make us into a better team than we were under Lambert.

The squad is of higher quality than last season and I think Hughton''s style of play will achieve more long term success than Lamberts'' will.

Teams would have become more accustomed to his gung ho style and learnt to negate it.  Hughton''s methods will have long term benefits but he does need results in the short term or he might not get the chance to prove this