Sign in to follow this  
e10_yellow

£30 for Spurs League Cup game

Definately not and if you read my 1st post you''d of seen the reasons why and my definate NO to attending this overpriced fare!

Yes everyone knows that you have a choice whether you go or not or if your hard up the choice is taken away from you cause you simply can''t afford it but this is about ethics.

No ones going to convince me that charging £30 to watch Norwich fringe players V Spurs reserves with a few academy players thrown in is worth anywahre near £30. £20 should of been the top limit for this game and I''m afraid Mcnasty has got this prcing policy very wrong, totally underestimating our tremendous support and will be rewarded with a very low crowd full of East Anglian Tottenham "TV fans".

I would of definately gone to this game, with my wife and a couple of friends had the price been sensible. I''d of bought a programme so would my mate and between us we''d of probably bought a couple of drinks and pies. Now none of us are going so thats plenty of lost revenue for the club.

I''m sure theres literally thousands of others doing exactly the same thing - NOT GOING because of the extortionate adult prices!

Bad mistake Mr Mcnasty!

Thought theres still time for him to rectify the mistake which wouldn''t surprise me if ticket sales are as poor as what I suspect they will be and the club are forced to drop prices and give refunds to the few who don''t mind paying these prices!

Morty

I shall stick my neck out here at 19,000. If they have a change of heart and reduce the prices, 21,459.

Kingsway -

I shall be surprised if theres more than 15,000 present with the silly prices being charged!

Let''s be honest, this is Premier League fatigue striking and we are following the example as fans as set by other lower to middling Premier League clubs supporters.

If this match and round had come up in any of the last three years of momentum we would be queueing around the block for tickets; the fact that we have started the season poorly and the sense of momentum has gone means we can''t be @rsed.

We  have a very high percentage of season tickets and so EPL games will be full houses even if, as has happened in the past, it is begrudging ''support'' because we have already paid the money.

Without the season ticket base this attitude would now be creeping into EPL matches and gates would be falling rapidly; makes the idea of ground expansion highly questionable because such expansion increases the options for discretionary attendance as happens at grounds such as Sunderland''s and 1p5wich''s.

Beat Chelsea on Saturday and everyone will think again about protest avoiding this game because we are feeling pretty sore about a number of things at the present time and this cup game is being used as a vehicle for that discontent.

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]

Let''s be honest, this is Premier League fatigue striking and we are following the example as fans as set by other lower to middling Premier League clubs supporters.

If this match and round had come up in any of the last three years of momentum we would be queueing around the block for tickets; the fact that we have started the season poorly and the sense of momentum has gone means we can''t be @rsed.

We  have a very high percentage of season tickets and so EPL games will be full houses even if, as has happened in the past, it is begrudging ''support'' because we have already paid the money.

Without the season ticket base this attitude would now be creeping into EPL matches and gates would be falling rapidly; makes the idea of ground expansion highly questionable because such expansion increases the options for discretionary attendance as happens at grounds such as Sunderland''s and 1p5wich''s.

Beat Chelsea on Saturday and everyone will think again about protest avoiding this game because we are feeling pretty sore about a number of things at the present time and this cup game is being used as a vehicle for that discontent.

[/quote]

Nothing will fill the ground more than winning football. We would have sold this out if we''d been winning in the Champs. If we spend a few seasons surviving in the Prem people will pick and choose their games. I reckon in this scenario expanding capacity would see a reduction in season ticket sales and lower gates for many games.

I would of boycotted cup games at Carrow Road over the last 3 seasons had they been charged at £30, momentum, promotion seasons, Paul Lambert or not. Only FA cup quarter finals and League cup semi finals should be priced this high. If we beat Chelsea 4-0 on Saturday my stance still won''t change!

Blatant profiteering that will backfire cause I''d say at least 70-80% of Norwich fans whether their ST holders, frequent casual fans or once in a blue moon attenders will say the price is too much and say no to the game which will see a crowd of I reckon no more than 13,000 a large % of whom will be full of "TV, plastic" Spurs fans who wouldn''t know where White Hart Lane is!

Shame cause with adult prices set at no more than £20 I reckon they''d be 20,000 minimum all of whom would spend more on refreshments, programmes and club merchandise than what 11-13,000 full of Spurs fans will do. Also many fans who can''t get into League games would of gone at lower prices and many new fans may of gone!

I''m the first to congratulate Mcnasty for turning the club around, making the club a more efficient financial model, but this tiem hes overstretched it too much which will see things go the other way - losing money through overcharging!

£30 is too much.   I have stayed on in Norwich after a weekend match to watch a cup game, but  the associated costs of doing that kind of thing mount up and  £30 ticket is no incentive to stay on.    Also,  tourism is less as the Summer passes by - early cup matches and cheap tickets mean plenty of tourists come to watch them.   At Mk Dons match last year I was surrounded by obvious tourists.    Cheap tickets boosts the attendance.   I think the club have miscalculated on this one. 

£30 for this match is way too much.With all the League pressure AVB is under really going to bother to put out a decent side for this one ? Likewise is Chris Hughton too worried about this match ? He''s got his work cut out trying to keep us up this year and is hardly going to be too distraught if we get knocked out here.I''ve also been told that as it''s a Cup match I''ll be turfed out of my usual seat so that some Norfolk based plastic away fan can see his beloved Spurs.One to give a miss to I think.....

[quote user="......and Smith must score."]so that some Norfolk based plastic away fan can see his beloved Spurs.[/quote]But what about those away based plastic fans who want to see their beloved Spurs (if it''s not on the telly)? [+o(]

I don''t think anyone is questioning that you would have boycotted those games Kingsway. After all said and done that''s your decision to make. I reckon though that you, like me, are a ST holder and as such enjoy cheaper football than those who buy tickets when they can get them. For those fans £30 represents a very healthy 25% discount on the cost of a ticket for a league games. For us ST hoders £30 represents a 20% increase on the cost. It will be interesting to see if enough casuals pick up the ST holder''s shortfall.

[quote user="kingsway"]

Definately not and if you read my 1st post you''d of seen the reasons why and my definate NO to attending this overpriced fare!

Yes everyone knows that you have a choice whether you go or not or if your hard up the choice is taken away from you cause you simply can''t afford it but this is about ethics.

No ones going to convince me that charging £30 to watch Norwich fringe players V Spurs reserves with a few academy players thrown in is worth anywahre near £30. £20 should of been the top limit for this game and I''m afraid Mcnasty has got this prcing policy very wrong, totally underestimating our tremendous support and will be rewarded with a very low crowd full of East Anglian Tottenham "TV fans".

I would of definately gone to this game, with my wife and a couple of friends had the price been sensible. I''d of bought a programme so would my mate and between us we''d of probably bought a couple of drinks and pies. Now none of us are going so thats plenty of lost revenue for the club.

I''m sure theres literally thousands of others doing exactly the same thing - NOT GOING because of the extortionate adult prices!

Bad mistake Mr Mcnasty!

Thought theres still time for him to rectify the mistake which wouldn''t surprise me if ticket sales are as poor as what I suspect they will be and the club are forced to drop prices and give refunds to the few who don''t mind paying these prices!

[/quote]Heres an idea then if you''re on a budget.Skip the drinks pies and programme[Y]