Sign in to follow this  
e10_yellow

£30 for Spurs League Cup game

[quote user="kick it off"][quote user="morty"]In my opinion, you could make it a quid to get in, and you still wouldn''t fill it.Midweek cup games have never been well attended.I shall stick my neck out here at 19,000. If they have a change of heart and reduce the prices, 21,459.[/quote]
I think that''s incredibly optimistic estimates for attendance.
If they keep the price at £30 then they will be lucky to get 13k imo. If they only reduce it a bit then maybe 18k at best.
[/quote]I''m a cup half full kinda guy[Y]

Just read some comments on this topic, but you don''t advertise at the Liverpool game a fair price for a cup game and the hike up the prices just because someone in the finance department just decides they want too!.

[quote user="Ches right hand man "]Just read some comments on this topic, but you don''t advertise at the Liverpool game a fair price for a cup game and the hike up the prices just because someone in the finance department just decides they want too!. [/quote]The whingeing maybe drowned out the announcement[Y]

[quote user="morty"]I know this is not going to be popular, and I''m seriously not trying to troll.This is life. Norwich City is a business, not a charity.Whilst I can understand the wailing, the fact is they have a product that you want, if you can''t afford it, well thats sad, but a fact of life I''m afraid.Its like whining about the price of going to the cinema, if you can''t afford it, you can''t go.[/quote]This.

[quote user="patrickhiggins"]

Agree that £ 30 is a rdiculous price.

One thing about the Reading ''generosity'' over prices is that their game is live on TV whereas ours is not.

[/quote]

I don''t think theirs is overly generous TBH. Yes it is maybe to their ST holders but quite a lot of ST holders don''t go to cup games.

Well just got mine. Obvously knew it was going to be more than the £15 i paid for Scunthorpe and Doncaster thought £25 so not too far out. It may mean this is not a sell out though. I do expect over 20000

What you must also remember is that if only 13000 people go then they will sell a maximum of 13000 programes which will be printed at a higher cost but sold for the same price ( an assumption on my part) they will also have to heat the oven for foods and probably employ the same number of people in the refreshment areas ( again an assumption)

So by getting more people into the ground it

a) makes the match experience better,

b) potentially increases the amount of add on''s sold and

c) reduces the costs per head for floodlights, Electricity etc?

Just my thoughts.

At the end of the day the club can do as they please price wise. as supporters we also can do as we like. Anyone remember the 9000 gate against Swindon back in the 2002 season!!

Think Morty is wrong... get ready for the insults, if this game was priced at a lower rate we would fill the ground, specially if we give spurs a bigger away allocation, remember few years back in pre-season game against spurs the whole ground was nearly full of plastic spurs fans!! i for one will not be paying £30, where is mungo!!

[quote user="zemas tendon"]

Think Morty is wrong... get ready for the insults, if this game was priced at a lower rate we would fill the ground, specially if we give spurs a bigger away allocation, remember few years back in pre-season game against spurs the whole ground was nearly full of plastic spurs fans!! i for one will not be paying £30, where is mungo!!

[/quote]Why?You''re entitled to your opinion, why would I insult you just because its different to mine?

I wonder how many of those endlessly bleating on about how they are deprived of going to home games because the club has not built a new stand will grasp this chance to watch their beloved club

How many poor mites and starved ''horphans, who we are told are our next generation of fans, will also attend ?

ps strangely the club has recently found a new generation of fans, who apparently suffered little in their failure to attend when there was space at the ground

Am I on my own in thinking that £30 isn''t an outrageous price? Before the prices were announced I was anticipating maybe £20 - £25, so OK it''s a little bit more than expected but hardly daylight robbery?

A game against a high profile Premier League team for a place in the Quarter final of a Cup competition. As for the people calling it a mickey mouse cup, that''s a bit of a poor attitude considering it''s the only domestic we''ve ever won and it guarantees a place in Europe.

How can you compare ticket prices for the likes of Scunthorpe and Doncaster to Spurs?

It''s simple business sense, the greater the attraction, the higher the demand, the higher the price.

I''ll be going...

I think the club should give them the River End.

I''m sure they will fill that easy, if only with Spurs ''fans'' based in Norfolk.

Be a bit like the 73 cup final

Well......the funds for Lambert''s compo has to come from somewhere......

If we get to the semi-final, I''ll have to do some serious overtime to pay for a ticket......

"Well......the funds for Lambert''s compo has to come from somewhere......"

depends how much the tribunal hit Villa for

I think we got hit for about a half million, not sure though how much of that was costs so we can''t be sure exactly how much will come to us on this one

[quote user="City1st"]

"Well......the funds for Lambert''s compo has to come from somewhere......"

depends how much the tribunal hit Villa for

I think we got hit for about a half million, not sure though how much of that was costs so we can''t be sure exactly how much will come to us on this one

[/quote]

Are you a legal beagle.......or just a smokin'' one?

I can imagine someone with a modest grasp on what is going on would in comparison to yourself, be seen as a legal beagle

but personally I hardly think mentioning the compensation that we paid for Lambert and what we will now recieve is of any great legal merit

you should get out more

[quote user="City1st"]

I can imagine someone with a modest grasp on what is going on would in comparison to yourself, be seen as a legal beagle

but personally I hardly think mentioning the compensation that we paid for Lambert and what we will now recieve is of any great legal merit

you should get out more

[/quote]

I get out more than you.......

[quote user="Kirby_86"]Jim,you are talking complete sense.I reckon you should e-mail your thoughts to the club.[/quote]

Yep, you demonstrated perfectly there how to engage brain before placing digits on keyboard keys, Jim. Quod erat demonstrandum, as they say in Skelmersdale.

[quote user="Surrey yellow"]Am I on my own in thinking that £30 isn''t an outrageous price? Before the prices were announced I was anticipating maybe £20 - £25, so OK it''s a little bit more than expected but hardly daylight robbery? A game against a high profile Premier League team for a place in the Quarter final of a Cup competition. As for the people calling it a mickey mouse cup, that''s a bit of a poor attitude considering it''s the only domestic we''ve ever won and it guarantees a place in Europe. How can you compare ticket prices for the likes of Scunthorpe and Doncaster to Spurs? It''s simple business sense, the greater the attraction, the higher the demand, the higher the price. I''ll be going...[/quote]

For an evening game between two sides which will inevitably not field full strength teams. I wouldn''t pay 10 quid to watch Chris Martin........ but then again........ [:D]

Don''t really understand what all the moaning is about.

If you can''t afford it, don''t go. If you can afford it but don''t want to pay £30, don''t go.

I''ll go and I''ll take my kids.

Just people standing up for what they think is right and this pricing of the Spurs ticket is very wrong.What has ever been achieved in this world by sitting on the fence and going along with things?

[quote user="Kirby_86"]Just people standing up for what they think is right and this pricing of the Spurs ticket is very wrong.What has ever been achieved in this world by sitting on the fence and going along with things?[/quote]

That''s fine. Like I said, if it is such an issue, don''t go. That''s how these things work. I''d like to shop in Hatters all the time, but I can''t afford it so I don''t. I honestly don''t think £30 is that bad.

What price did people expect just out of interest? Last 16 and home to Spurs it was never going to be £15. If memory serves me right we had to pay £25 for Leicester in the FA cup last season. At a pinch i thought £25 so £30 is marginally on the high side for me

Ridiculous prices for what essentially will be Norwich fringe players V Spurs reserves with a few academy players thrown in!

For the 1st time ever in my 40 years of going regularly to Carrow Road to watch Norwich City I have been priced out of attending a competitive 1st team game!

I''ve been pretty hardcore in that time and haven''t missed many games home or away in that period but £30 for a League cup 4th round clash has put me over the tipping point!

I''m struggling for funds at this present time and could find £30 to pay for the ticket but it would leave me short so as a matter of principle I''m giving this game a miss and I know of others who say will do exactly the same!

£15-£20 would of been fair which I think would of seen a near capacity crowd but now I suspect the crowd will be under 14,000!

I sincerely hope the club get a c*ap crowd which will serve them right!

I''d urge all Norwich fans to similarly boycott this game as a matter of principle over the prices!

Please has anyone got Mcnastys E mail address so I can send him an E mail about the matter!

Disgusted!

"Yorkshire Canary"]What price did people expect just out of interest? Last 16 and home to Spurs it was never going to be £15. If memory serves me right we had to pay £25 for Leicester in the FA cup last season. At a pinch i thought £25 so £30 is marginally on the high side for me

I wouldn''t mind paying £30 for a League cup semi final but not the 4th round!

Ridiculously overpricing which will see an embarrassingly low crowd!

[quote user="kingsway"]

"Yorkshire Canary"]What price did people expect just out of interest? Last 16 and home to Spurs it was never going to be £15. If memory serves me right we had to pay £25 for Leicester in the FA cup last season. At a pinch i thought £25 so £30 is marginally on the high side for me

I wouldn''t mind paying £30 for a League cup semi final but not the 4th round!

Ridiculously overpricing which will see an embarrassingly low crowd!

[/quote]

You''re not going then?