Sign in to follow this  
MC Fearfull

Team for tomorrow

I''ll be there tomorrow, and personally the team I would like to see is

Ruddy

Martin Bassong(or Bennet) Barnett Garrido

Snodgrass Howson Hoolahan Surman

Holt Morison

I dont always look into the finer detail but am I right in think the diamond formation was just a lambert thing?

Ruddy

Martin Bassong Barnett Garrido

Fox   Johnson

Howson

E.Bennett                  Snodgrass

Holt

Get the balls into the channels and you can guarentee a good delivery from either winger, also playing howson with a bit more freedom instead of shackling him in a holding role, give him freedom to roam, as that where you''ll see the best from him!

If Bassong is not available it would be madness to pair Barnett and Bennett.

Last week''s match showed at times why Barnett was thought so little of last season. To play him with an inexperienced centre back against the European champions would do him no favours and certainly would do Bennett no favours.

If Bassong is not available, and I certainly hope he is, then I would partner Turner with Bennett. Turner owes the manager and the club and at least his experience should be beneficial to Bennett.

So it would be either Bassong and Barnett (I hope) or Bennett and Turner.

We also need Wes playing and he cannot play effectively in a four man midfield so it needs to be 4 5 1.

That would leave it at:

Ruddy

Martin Barnett Bassong Garrido

or

Martin Bennett Turner Garrido

Bennett Tetty Hoolahan Howson Surman

Holt.

I would like to see Wes included if possible but it cant be in an orthodox 4 man midfield. It just leaves us too wide open and exposed like it did against Aston Villa away last season. If we are going to include him, you have to really commit to it. By playing him in his preferred attacking midfield position feeding two strikers in front of him.

I''d go:

Ruddy

Martin, Barnett, Bennett, Garrido

Tettey Johnson Howson

Hoolahan

Jackson Holt

Johnson to pick up whoever is playing the Oscar role behind Torres, and Tettey and Howson given licence to bomb on when in possession. We may end up too narrow to create much but we''ll be solid and give them problems matching us up through the middle.