Sign in to follow this  
Old Yellow And Green Boy

Talksport this afternoon

All time low reached by this station, the presenter is claiming Chelsea will score more than 10 goals against us this weekend. The trouble is,they laughed at the thought of us getting a draw.......please wipe the smile off of their smug faces City.

[quote user="Old Yellow And Green Boy"]All time low reached by this station, the presenter is claiming Chelsea will score more than 10 goals against us this weekend. The trouble is,they laughed at the thought of us getting a draw.......please wipe the smile off of their smug faces City.[/quote]

They also said that Grant Holt had a point about not being given a chance to be seen in a friendly for England, being 2nd highest scorer last season.

Its just like being down the pub and listening to all sorts of harmless rubbish.   That''s why its called ''talksport''.   I prefer it to Radio 5 Live which seems to be on the path to rapidly disappearing up its own backside.  

Well, I predicted earlier this week that we will lose 5-2, ironically on the Talksport predictor. We are a laughing-stock at the moment and we could well get beaten very badly. I''m hoping that Hughton can pick the right team, appeal to players'' pride and motivate but I''m not holding my breath.

Liverpool lost last night BTW.  

"We are a laughing-stock at the moment"

perhaps amongst those you associate with

[quote user="paul moy"]

Well, I predicted earlier this week that we will lose 5-2, ironically on the Talksport predictor. We are a laughing-stock at the moment and we could well get beaten very badly. I''m hoping that Hughton can pick the right team, appeal to players'' pride and motivate but I''m not holding my breath.

Liverpool lost last night BTW.  

[/quote]

Who says we''re a laughing stock??   We are in the bottom three, but its early in the season.   Laughing stock? Really?  

Well, if we''re not now, surely it must soon be a possibility if we put in another Fulham or Liverpool display at Chelski.  

... and if many are predicting 10-0 or thereabouts then I think what I was saying stands, unfortunately.

We would be if we sacked the Hoots.

Two fingers up to Five "dead" and alive." Come on Canaries let''s do what we do best, beat the odds.

Backs to the wall, raise the sides of the bunker, seige mentality to the fore.

All for one, one for all. Here comes Hoot''s army, and it''s here to stay.

When we win at Chelski, then let them say "This was their finest hour."

Seriously, I genuinely believe we might put in a performance on Saturday, maybe even one deserving of a point.

[quote user="paul moy"]... and if many are predicting 10-0 or thereabouts then I think what I was saying stands, unfortunately.[/quote]

Predicting the future is a pointless exercise - unless you are betting - but then only if you win the bet [:^)]

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]

We would be if we sacked the Hoots.

Two fingers up to Five "dead" and alive." Come on Canaries let''s do what we do best, beat the odds.

Backs to the wall, raise the sides of the bunker, seige mentality to the fore.

All for one, one for all. Here comes Hoot''s army, and it''s here to stay.

When we win at Chelski, then let them say "This was their finest hour."

Seriously, I genuinely believe we might put in a performance on Saturday, maybe even one deserving of a point.

[/quote]

I think so too, but I still have this awful feeling of foreboding that won''t go away. It''s like the night before my old school exams.

Our last decent performance was against Spurs away, and we may have Bassong back, Chelsea played in midweek and may have heavy legs - we could well get a point.

[quote user="Steady On..."]Paul do you just sit alone in the dark listening to grunge music? You are a hyper-depressive person Seek help[/quote]

If you always fear the worst you can never be disappointed, but can actually feel ecstatic when the worst does not happen. That''s a great philosophy and has stood me in good stead IMO. 

[quote user="paul moy"]

[quote user="Steady On..."]Paul do you just sit alone in the dark listening to grunge music? You are a hyper-depressive person Seek help[/quote]

If you always fear the worst you can never be disappointed, but can actually feel ecstatic when the worst does not happen. That''s a great philosophy and has stood me in good stead IMO. 

[/quote]

You need you head examining pal!

It''s got to be durham

That''s the guy who supports posh who up until last weekend were on 0 points

Certain to lose, even most of our supporters have written this one off. Then of course when the chips are down expect the unexpected 1 in a hundred chance i suppose but when 2 teamsplay anything is possible

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]

Certain to lose, even most of our supporters have written this one off. Then of course when the chips are down expect the unexpected 1 in a hundred chance i suppose but when 2 teams play anything is possible

[/quote]

I don''t think that is right.  Speak for yourself, but I think there are still quite alot of us who actually think  football matches are there to be won.    Your caveat is correct though - "when 2 teams play anything is possible".    In fact if we all remembered that, supporting would be a bit more of a positive experience.

No one has ever come on here to say anything positive about Talksport. I''ve never listened to it but given the comments, I''m surprised anyone does.

Is it really that rubbish?

[quote user="CambridgeCanary"]No one has ever come on here to say anything positive about Talksport. I''ve never listened to it but given the comments, I''m surprised anyone does.

Is it really that rubbish?[/quote]

Yes, but it''s good rubbish. [:D]