Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

Chelsea v Norwich City match thread

Totally agree.

It is not realistic to expect to win against Chelsea at home - if we did it would be a performance of the week from any of the also ran teams.

The manner of the defeat is a bit worrying, but I actually think Chelsea will be incredibly dominant this season, and for that matter Liverpool who were very good last week.

We did drop points against QPR and West Ham - and that was worse than this defeat today.

The good news today was our real competition, those around us, had a good round of results!

Jas, were you happy with the results against QPR and West Ham then too? Its not that people expected us to beat Chelsea, its the fact that Hughton doesnt seem able to lift the players or change the game, just comes out and bigs up the opposition so we are beaten before we start half the time, its the fact that he appears the total opposite of Lambert who always gave it a go!!

I too am not happy with the performances so far. The

results, in a way, are not the issue. But with a little perspective, it just shows that we are losing the same games we lost last year, no big deal there. But it''s the fact that we are being too defensive (without being defensively solid) that we have let the same games we won last year slip in to draws. That''s one of the key differences between Hughton and Lambert - Lambert pushed for the win, he took risks. Hughton swaps like for like players, isn''t a risk taker or an attacking minded individual and so we fell to a draw.The point I, and many others I think are saying is that the squad is just as capable, and we haven''t lost any more games than last year in terms of competetion, so we shouldn''t worry too much, expcept that Hughton is a little bit more ''clueless'' as to when to take a risk and what is the best team to make the most of the oppositions weaknesses. Just my two cents.

Last Year

Fulham v Norwich – L (0)

Norwich v QPR – W (3)

Tottenham v Norwich – W (3)

Norwich v West Ham -

Newcastle v Norwich – L (0)

Norwich v Liverpool – L (0)

Chelsea v Norwich – L (0)6 points.

This Year

Fulham v Norwich – L (0)

Norwich v QPR – D (1)

Tottenham v Norwich – D (1)

Norwich v West Ham – D (1)

Newcastle v Norwich – L (0)

Norwich v Liverpool – L (0)

Chelsea v Norwich – L (0)2 points (exl West Ham).

Top post jas. think there are lots of canary callers on here that don''t quite get football quite yet. We just lost to a team that beat BARCA in champs league last season. It really is quite strange reading posts saying hughton out after today. How good do these people think we are! We are just as bad as the wolves fans. Prob be chants of you''ve let us down again if we lose against arsenal. Get real people!