Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

Chelsea v Norwich City match thread

The result was never in question - pretty much accepted win for Chelsea. High hopes for a better performance especially after Holtys early goal but back to the usual wasteful play and leaky defence. Sure their miles ahead of us but thats 14 goals in 3 games now... hmmm taking the pi55?Hughon is out of his depth.How much longer? Till Christmas? Till we''re relegated? Sack him now - I''ll take my chances with a new face that has the desire and motivation to keep us up, coz ole Chris hasn''t got what it takes.

For me he has to get 9 points from the next 5 games. Failing that, get shot ASAP. (12 points from the first 12 games is not too a demanding target is it not and at least gives him a fair crack?) All the evidence so far suggests he won''t succeed. .

[quote user="ricardo"]Luckily the Wigan and Reading scores turn in our favour in the final minutes. Our season will start in November by the looks of things.
[/quote]

Yeah you''re right Rickyyyyy. We were never going to get anything today. Holty was a plus, he certainly hasn''t given up and while we have Holt we have hope.

Hughton talked about playing 4 in midfield with Hoolahan off the front. But unfortunately Chelsea away is probably not the game to do it. But it was probably not the game for any of our players or systems. I''m not too despondent yet.

[quote user="Huckerbys Boots - Matt"] Tactically inept, incapable of changing an archaic 442 system that isnt working.[/quote]
You run a Norwich website yet you seem to think a 4-2-3-1 is a 4-4-2? I''m not defending Hughton or the performance, but if you''re going to have a rant, at least make it factual.

[quote user="ricardo"]Luckily the Wigan and Reading scores turn in our favour in the final minutes. Our season will start in November by the looks of things.[/quote]

Indeed, you''d think from some of the comments on here people were expecting us to beat the european champions and current league leaders at their ground.

[quote user="kick it off"][quote user="Huckerbys Boots - Matt"] Tactically inept, incapable of changing an archaic 442 system that isnt working.[/quote]

You run a Norwich website yet you seem to think a 4-2-3-1 is a 4-4-2? I''m not defending Hughton or the performance, but if you''re going to have a rant, at least make it factual.

[/quote]

Didn''t look 4231 to me. I thought Hoolahan played off the front in a 4-4-1-1.

But it may as well have been 442 defensively.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="kick it off"][quote user="Huckerbys Boots - Matt"] Tactically inept, incapable of changing an archaic 442 system that isnt working.[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I agree

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="kick it off"][quote user="Huckerbys Boots - Matt"] Tactically inept, incapable of changing an archaic 442 system that isnt working.[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]Whatever the system actually was, the basic football individually and collectively was awful at times.

Seriously think some of you maybe posting from a mental home! We lost against the leaders of the best league in the world. Chelsea are superb. They could do that to any team including the manchester teams. Calling for hughton out is a disgrace!! Apart from fulham and Liverpool think he has done well. We are looking good when on the ball plus hotly is scoring. It wouldnt matter who was manager we would still have lost today as we will against arsenal. Some of you are turning into wolves fans thinking we should be challenging for a euro spot or something. Otbc.

[quote user="JonnyH"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="kick it off"][quote user="Huckerbys Boots - Matt"] Tactically inept, incapable of changing an archaic 442 system that isnt working.[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Whatever the system actually was, the basic football individually and collectively was awful at times.
[/quote]

It was, as Rickyyyyy said, men against boys. The problem I have is imagining any 11 players that we could have fielded in any formation that could have done better.

never expected anything BUT when you are losing like we were at least make an ATTACKING substitution instead of like for like!!!! Hughton just doesnt seem to know how to change a game as has been in evidence in every game this season.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="JonnyH"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="kick it off"][quote user="Huckerbys Boots - Matt"] Tactically inept, incapable of changing an archaic 442 system that isnt working.[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Whatever the system actually was, the basic football individually and collectively was awful at times.
[/quote]

It was, as Rickyyyyy said, men against boys. The problem I have is imagining any 11 players that we could have fielded in any formation that could have done better.

[/quote]

Aye, plucky little ole Norwich could not have done any better[Y]

just a quick question.

where is this money going to come from to replace hughton?

first - we have to pay out his contract to get rid of him.

then, odds are we have to pay compensation to another club for their manager, unless by some miracle we get someone like redknapp (or Shearer?) - but even then, there''s a lot of money into agent fees, signing fees, etc.

while all the time, we have to have enough money in reserve for January transfers, and the possibility of paying lambert 2m - I think it''s very unlikely that we will have to pay him, but there''s the chance, so we have to have the money ready.

If want hughton in or not, it''s pointless at the moment, we are in no place to get rid of him.

unless someone here is generous enough to donate multi-millions.

canary call is incredible, mcveigh is a grade A halfwitjust acknowledged we have a stronger squad than last season, but refuses to criticize hughton

wtf is it with people who are moaning about the players. they havnt turned cr@p overnight, theres a reason for it and its the tactics & mentality employed by the moron in chargeHUGHTON OUT!!!

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="JonnyH"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="kick it off"][quote user="Huckerbys Boots - Matt"] Tactically inept, incapable of changing an archaic 442 system that isnt working.[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

LOL

Who would have played for them?

[quote user="kick it off"][quote user="Huckerbys Boots - Matt"] Tactically inept, incapable of changing an archaic 442 system that isnt working.[/quote]
[/quote]

Where are you getting that from then? Did you watch the game? Cause I did and I saw a flat midfield four with Johnson left wing and Howson deep alongside Tettey.

And why bring my website into it? What the f*** has that got to with anything other than it seems to be a gripe with you.

do you expect anything else from McVeigh? He is just as bad as Clueless Chris in that he always bigs up the opposition!!! On his Facebook page he has already declared Chelsea as champions!!!

We are still only 2 points behind where I expected to be and again I expect nothing next week. After that we will start picking up points.Snowy has guaranteed it.[;)]

[quote user="ricardo"]We are still only 2 points behind where I expected to be and again I expect nothing next week. After that we will start picking up points.Snowy has guaranteed it.[;)][/quote]

I''ll hold you to it. seeing as you''re one of maybe 5 seemingly intelligent posters on here ;)

[quote user="ricardo"]We are still only 2 points behind where I expected to be and again I expect nothing next week. After that we will start picking up points.Snowy has guaranteed it.[;)][/quote]

Well ok, if Snowy says so... :-) Who am I to disagree?

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="JonnyH"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="kick it off"][quote user="Huckerbys Boots - Matt"] Tactically inept, incapable of changing an archaic 442 system that isnt working.[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

LOL

Who would have played for them?

[/quote]

ROFL

There''s a world of difference between a result and a performance.[;)]

[quote user="baldyboy"]do you expect anything else from McVeigh? He is just as bad as Clueless Chris in that he always bigs up the opposition!!! On his Facebook page he has already declared Chelsea as champions!!![/quote]

nah i guess not

im so fkn angry about this situation, its the same old little nice norwich bull5h1t again, we are playing for HUGE money next season and they arent prepared to gamble, get him out NOW!! we are just laying down and happy to take a hiding, delia & co need to stump up and replace him instead of being tight negative pr1cks willing to just suck it up and be a lowly pathetic excuse for a club rotting away in the championshipif not sell up and f@ck off, no ambition whatsoever

[quote user="ricardo"]We are still only 2 points behind where I expected to be and again I expect nothing next week. After that we will start picking up points.Snowy has guaranteed it.[;)][/quote]As an animal lover (no not that way) I''m going to put my faith in that darn cat, after watching the game today I think we have enough fight/quality to come out of a relegation battle which I''m sure is our destiny this season OTBC!

[/quote]

Just seen the start of this thread and all the 4231 talk. So your basis of it being 4231 was just down that''s what you thought it was, and one other person agreed? Brilliant, what a clown.

My basis of 442 was having watched the game and saw Johnson left wing, Bennett right wing and Howson deep alongside Tettey.

And you wanna talk about facts. These ''facts'' your referring to was your own opinion pre match at the start of this thread.

[quote user="N city til I die"][quote user="Carra Rud"][quote user="Nuff Said"] So who bought Martin, Barnett (?), Johnson, Howson, E. Bennett and R. Bennett?Granted I''m not wildly impressed by Turner or Tettey.[/quote]I get what you are saying - its nigh on the same team PL had (brought in) but its certainly Hughton''s influence that''s creating this garbage IMO.[/quote]

Brought too many players this season tbh.[/quote]Jeez! Are you seriously telling me if we''d bought two players you wouldn''t have been on here with the rest of the mob complaining?Talk about hindsight!

[quote user="ricardo"]We are still only 2 points behind where I expected to be and again I expect nothing next week. After that we will start picking up points.

Snowy has guaranteed it.[;)]
[/quote]

6 points off what we achieved with Lambert from these fixtures.

are some of you mentally ill?we lost 4-1 to the current European champions, a team with Terry, Cole, Luiz, Lampard, Torres, Mata and other stars in.a team with wold and national European champions playing for them.Hughton rang the changes and is "clueless" because we didn’t stuff the current league leaders 8-0 on their own turf.Some of you jump on the band wagon and just use "Hughton out" to have a rant with no basis on fact whatsoever.we started the game well, took the lead, Holt had a couple of chances that could have made it 3-3...some of you know absolutely nothing about football.