Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

Chelsea v Norwich City match thread

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]We''d struggle in The Funking Championship defending like this FFS![:@][/quote]10 years of "consolidating" ahead I fear!!!

[quote user="Pyro Pete"]Watching the replay for the 3rd goal, I love the way six Norwich players simply run away from Mata so he can play with all the time in the world.

Bye bye Hughton.

[/quote]

Well said[Y]

First time I''ve said this, but Hughton has to go.  The defence looks all at sea, no idea!

Also, the number of times Wes has to do a 360 because there is nobody ahead of him, no movement and no one running into space!

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]Defending is shocking![:@][/quote]Neither of  the three goals we conceded seemed really soft to me, rather the result of quality  touches by Chelski.The problem is we let them keep the ball in our half. 

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]We''d struggle in The Funking Championship defending like this FFS![:@][/quote]

which is exactly why he has to, we go down not only do we miss out on the big money next year, but also what half tidy players we do have (ruddy/pilks/johnson/martin etc - i would maybe add howson but hes looking hopeless atm) will all get snapped up at budget price by the newly promoted and mid table teams leaving a bare bones confidence destroyed shower of 5h1t and another ten years of championship w@nk

[quote user="Nuff Said"]Tettey off for me. Anonymous apart from a dire header. Jackson on?
[/quote]

Yep... let''s go for it...... nothing to lose and attacking is our strength

[quote user="BWs Cat"]Tettey on? Really? I thought he''s doing quite good.[/quote]Better than your grammar hopefully [;)]I thought he ran around like a headless chicken when he came on against Liverpool. Probably needs game time, but we can''t afford it sadly.

To be fair - I was one of the most furious on here after last week, but this week I''m pretty mellow. Game is going exactly as I expected, Chelsea actually are a world class team (unlike the scousers) - They''re the champions of europe and they Beat Barcelona 6 months ago, since then adding in a few more players who are amongst the world elite.
I wasn''t expecting anything but a hammering here, and I''ve actually been pleasantly surprised tbh, we''ve not played badly, finishing has been lacklustre, but at least we''re creating chances. Holty on the scoresheet again with another excellent goal, if he can start banging them in when we have a real chance of winning a game, we might yet stay up. Defending not been great, but then again, the finishing has been excellent from Chelsea.

Chelsea are a class act... but some of our defensive errors are embarrassing.Still ...good to see Holt strike that so well.... and Chelsea look a tad dodgy at the back at times... Pilks maybe??

[quote user="Budapest Canary"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]Defending is shocking![:@][/quote]

Neither of  the three goals we conceded seemed really soft to me, rather the result of quality  touches by Chelski.

The problem is we let them keep the ball in our half. 

[/quote]

I was referring to defending when we don''t have the ball, not literally just the defenders and our first third.....

All three of those goals could have been niped in the bud by the half way line! My biggest pet hate is standing off we are not jut backing off we''re just standing about 5ft away from every player there where 4 of our players in the box to defend each goal but we don''t go for the ball!!! I''m so angry what are we doing on the training ground because its not tackling, defending or attacking so wtf is it???!!!

It''s just too obvious to keep blaming the defence. We aren''t defending from the front allowing Chelsea the time to pick holes in our back four. That''s the difference for me between last season and this. Last season we defnded from the front and pressed the ball. We''d sometimes lose our shape as a result but often win the ball or force a mistake. This season we keep our shape because we stand off the ball and allow teams to pick their pass. Good players like at Chelsea will destroy teams with time on the ball.

This Premiership season''s ''whippin'' boyz''........Tactically inferior/naive, don''t show for the ball.....I can''t see where we''re going to get the points to survive this season.

There are 70 million reasons this season, why we should make every effort to remain in this league......but, we are just not good enough or up for it.

[quote user="kick it off"]To be fair - I was one of the most furious on here after last week, but this week I''m pretty mellow. Game is going exactly as I expected, Chelsea actually are a world class team (unlike the scousers) - They''re the champions of europe and they Beat Barcelona 6 months ago, since then adding in a few more players who are amongst the world elite.
I wasn''t expecting anything but a hammering here, and I''ve actually been pleasantly surprised tbh, we''ve not played badly, finishing has been lacklustre, but at least we''re creating chances. Holty on the scoresheet again with another excellent goal, if he can start banging them in when we have a real chance of winning a game, we might yet stay up. Defending not been great, but then again, the finishing has been excellent from Chelsea.
[/quote]Agree with this.Chelsea are on a different planet to us. Holt''s looked lively as has Hoolahan and Tettey and having Bassong back makes a difference. We''ve created a few chances too.Need to get this match and Arsenal out of the way without a hammering and expect better things starting with Villa.

On the money for me Kick it Off. I fully expected us to lose this game but I think we have played ok apart from the 3rd goal where no one picked him up. A little bit of perspective needed, they are the European Champions and their 3rd scorer cost more than are entire starting team by some way (probably more than double). If this was Wigan Away or Reading or Southampton I could understand the instant return to frustration but anything other than a heavy defeat in this fixture the way they have been playing is a bonus imo.

Mc Nasty said we HAVE to stay in the PREM so he needs to act very fast and dispense with the muppet in charge!!!

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

[quote user="Budapest Canary"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]Defending is shocking![:@][/quote]Neither of  the three goals we conceded seemed really soft to me, rather the result of quality  touches by Chelski.The problem is we let them keep the ball in our half. 

[/quote]

I was referring to defending when we don''t have the ball, not literally just the defenders and our first third.....

[/quote]The third goal was dreadful from start to finish - Hoolahan lost the ball, Howson and Johson jogged back in a mild panic but left a wide gap in the back six that I could have passed through, and by the time Hazard was about to shoot and score, the nearest Norwich player was Grant Holt.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

It''s just too obvious to keep blaming the defence. We aren''t defending from the front allowing Chelsea the time to pick holes in our back four. That''s the difference for me between last season and this. Last season we defnded from the front and pressed the ball. We''d sometimes lose our shape as a result but often win the ball or force a mistake. This season we keep our shape because we stand off the ball and allow teams to pick their pass. Good players like at Chelsea will destroy teams with time on the ball.

[/quote]

That reminds me of old times when "Fozzy" and "Rusty" went AWOL and everybody blamed the Ginger Pele.  Speaking of which, the Doc just scored for Wycombe.  Woo!