Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

Chelsea v Norwich City match thread

Norwich City: Ruddy, R. Martin, Bassong, Barnett, Garrido, Tettey, Johnson, Howson, E Bennett, Hoolahan, Holt.Subs: Bunn, Turner, Jackson, Snodgrass, Morison, Pilkington, R. Bennett.Match coverage here

So glad to see Tettey getting a start, hopefully he''ll make a name for himself in the team with a performance today. Interesting that Hoolahan is playing too. I''m guessing it is a flat 3 across the middle with Bennett and Hoolahan on a license to roam?

Chelsea team:

Cech; Ivanovic, D Luiz, Terry (c), Cole; Mikel, Lampard; Mata, Oscar, Hazard; Torres

Subs: Turnbull, Azpili, Cahill, Bertrand, Romeu, Ramires, Moses.

I like the look of that.

Famous last words.

An element of defensiveness with Johnson and Tettey in there and blended with some attacking potency. I hope Howson is given a more forward role.

No Snoddy? That love affair was brief. 

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Suggests Wes playing wide left, or a very narrow team indeed.

[/quote]Though obviously no team with Grant Holt in it can ever be considered narrow in one sense.

Would it be:

RuddyR Martin     Bassong   Barnett   Garrido                   Tettey      JohnsonE Bennett            Howson            Hoolahan                             Holt

He seems to have chosen a team that most on this BB would have wanted to see. Especially good to see Bennett and Tetty getting a go IMO. All we need now is a top performance.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Would it be:

Ruddy

R Martin     Bassong   Barnett   Garrido

Tettey      Johnson

E Bennett            Howson            Hoolahan

Holt

[/quote]

Is that the "diamond" then? Never quite understood that and left it all to better footballing brains than I possess,

I always preferred Double Diamond in any case.

Who would have thunk it.

After more or less sidelining the little Irish maestro uptil now, Hughton starts him at the Bridge,

Our Hoots has more surprises up his sleeve than he who must not be named ever did. 

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]

Ruddy

R Martin     Bassong   Barnett   Garrido

Tettey      Johnson

E Bennett            Howson            Hoolahan

Holt

[/quote]

Is that the "diamond" then? Never quite understood that and left it all to better footballing brains than I possess,

I always preferred Double Diamond in any case.

[/quote]

Hoots said this was his preferred formation so I''m betting you''re right Chops

Well, I think most people have got what they wanted from that line-up.  As Tettey said this is also likely to be Hughton''s preferred planned line-up.  C''mon City - let''s prove the critics wrong.

RuddyR Martin     Bassong   Barnett   Garrido                   Tettey      JohnsonE Bennett            Howson            Hoolahan                             Holt

[/quote]
That was my assumption too mate.

I imagine it''ll shape up to be more of a 4-3-3 with Holt spearheading Bennett and Howson just behind. My main concern is the possible lack of width though. Hope we don''t end up sitting too deep...

That''s what I''d expect it to be misterchops. Glad to see Hoolahan getting a go, but not sure if he''ll be utilised particularly well out on the left, if that is how he is playing. Still, quite happy with the Tettey Johnson partnership holding, hopefully allowing Howson a bit more freedom to do as he wishes.

Looking forward to this one. Laptop and headphones at the ready.

It will be nice to switch Sky TV off. That anchorman is getting on my tits.

We are Norwich City, not "Norwich City who have yet to win a game this season." He did the same last week. Plonk artist.

We do not need continually being reminded of it and

I don''t belieeve it.

Just want City to go for it, get in Chelski''s faces.......If we do get beat, well at least go down fighting!

Encouraged by the City line-up......But, the blooze are top going into today''s fixture, it would be great to upset the apple-cart although realistically, we will be lucky to scrape a point..... 

I''ll wager it''s a 4-5-1, or at the very least a 4-4-1-1.  There is no way in hell Who-tun is going to the bridge with an attacking 4-3-3.  Bennett will be in due to the fact that he can (sort of) play right back and is probably the best choice as a defensive wide man.  Holt will be up front on his lonesome with Howson, Tettey and Johnson trying to stop Oscar, Mata and Hazard from tearing our back 4 apart and Bennet and Wes trying to stop Ivanovic and Cole getting round the back.  Stand by for siege mentality and long balls to Holty.  I expect that Who-tun is trying for damage limitation and anything less than 5 will be (to him) a positive result. Stats will read something along the lines of 70-30 posession and 30-1 goal attempts.  Lets just hope Senor Torres has not got his shooting boots on.