Sign in to follow this  
Canary Boy

Paul McVeigh...

I am not quite sure what to think about Paul McVeigh.

When he came on against Chelsea, he looked like a player with a very low morale and no confidence about him whatsoever. When he got the ball, he just didn''t look like he was going to do anything with it...and didn''t. When a player is that low, it''s very difficult to show your true form. Football is a confidence game.

I like the little guy but if there was ever a case for "time to move on and make a fresh start" this was it. If we could get £750,000 for him I think that would be about right. I admire him for giving up his International career to help our cause but his 1st team action this season has been very limited and when Helveg, Svensson and Jonson come back, I fear we might never see him again. Even more so now Shackell and Henderson are making in-roads into the 1st team.

I can imagine Paul McVeigh leaving us signing for a Championship side in the near future and doing really well for them.

Anyone got any thoughts here?

I think that, unless we can sign Bentley via some miracle, we should hang on to Squiz. He looked very low on confidence last night, but he can do a very good job for us in the Championship, so why sell him? 

I kow that Paul Mc Veigh has''t done much this season, but if any of you have played in a team and have been a sub, you''ll know how hard it is to mke an impression in 10 minutes.

I don''t think he''s been given a fair crack though. Alright, he started one game I think and didn''t play well, and he''s been good and bad in his few other appearances. Maybe his application sin''t the best, who really knows?

But we''ve all seen that he''s capable of the unexpected and he''s won quite a few games with moments of enormous skill - to name but a few - Reading at home last year, Wolves in the playoffs, that overhead kick at Preston away, not to mention plenty of good crosses and corners.

I reckon he can be excellent, but maybe he needs to be playing more often. I think he might have contributed more than Jonsson this year if he''d played as many games... Definitely worth hanging onto and hopefully he''ll be more in evidence in the rest of the season to show what he can do. I''ve certainly not been too impressed with Jonsson apart from his effort and ariel prowess. Maybe he''ll come good, maybe he won''t, he''s had plenty of chances and he hasn''t done much so far, but we love Paul McVeigh don''t we?

I feel sorry for the guy because he''s hardly beengiven a chance this season, and he hasn''t exactly been crap when he came on. I remember him doing well against man u at old trafford and he scored a great goal too. I think we really should try to hang on to him cos he''d do a great job for us next season, remember he was our top scorer a few seasons ago???

Unfortunately, while Worthy''s at the club i can''t see a future for him and maybe a move would be best for his career. I''d be surprised if we could get anywhere near £750,000 for him seeing as he''s hardly featured for us. £500,000 would be the most i think but hopefully he''ll stay. 

I''m with you there Francesco...being on the bench for most or all of a game is possibly the most demoralising thing in sport. You can''t blame him really, although doens''t he play reserve games...so he must get some pitch time.

Before Christmas, I wasn''t performing well at my sport, and found myself on the bench for more than half the game, and on a couple of occasions got on for 5mins maximum. It really annoyed me, especially as some of those matches were a couple of hours away - for a student it''s bad because it effectively wasted my day, but for McVeigh, he is still getting paid to go!