Sign in to follow this  
Bobert

I am beginig to loose interest

I just don''t get it.

How any supporter can pump up the values of the anonimity of the Championship whilst bemoaning our place in the glare of the Premiership is absolutely, thoroughly and totally beyond me. What complete small-time and parochial thought processes come up with that utter nonsense.

Premiership = Full houses, massive clubs and the bigest names gracing the Carrow Road turf, constant television and other media exposure, weekly streams AND the possibility of multi-millions into our coffers, with ground expansion a possibilty along with signing some of the best players around. Think John Bond, not Championship.

Championship? Humbug! The highlight of the season would be entertaining the Tractor Boys, I prefer the highlights of entertaining bigger fish.

The term "yo-yo club" all started with West Brom didn''t it?

They do now look as if, like Stoke, they "belong" and could be set for a long stay in the PL now, given sensible management. As far as Steve Clark is concerned, you can no more say he was a great appoiontment for them than Hughton was a poor one for us-time will tell for both and they could slip away just as we could push upwards-however, you don''t get much time in the Premier League!

As for the international break-well, whose it for exactly? 44 clubs and 1000 plus players twiddling their thumbs next weekennd so a few can play for their countries in matches that don''t seem to have the excitement that they used to. I''d persist with the regular football programme despite internationals-I guess the argument against that is whoever would be playing Man Utd would be at a perceived advantage as MU would put out a ''weakened'' team-that and other reasons. But its the tail wagging the dog, regardless.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]

I just don''t get it.

How any supporter can pump up the values of the anonimity of the Championship whilst bemoaning our place in the glare of the Premiership is absolutely, thoroughly and totally beyond me. What complete small-time and parochial thought processes come up with that utter nonsense.

Premiership = Full houses, massive clubs and the bigest names gracing the Carrow Road turf, constant television and other media exposure, weekly streams AND the possibility of multi-millions into our coffers, with ground expansion a possibilty along with signing some of the best players around. Think John Bond, not Championship.

Championship? Humbug! The highlight of the season would be entertaining the Tractor Boys, I prefer the highlights of entertaining bigger fish.

[/quote]

There''s good and bad to everything, i would suggest a parochial thinker would only see any good in one side of something in this case the premier league, so i presume you are talking about yourself?

"There''s good and bad to everything, i would suggest a parochial thinker would only see any good in one side of something in this case the premier league, so i presume you are talking about yourself?"

Do you actually agree or disagree with my viewpoint? I was unable to comprehend your comment. Perhaps it was all too subtle for my limited thinking.

Re: "Parochial." Get your dictionary out.

Not that I want to be in the Champs but didn''t we get full houses throughout our last Champs season ?

If we are talking about away games then there are many clubs that don''t get full houses in the Prem.  

Not read most of the posts on the thread I''m afraid, however, for me, if you''ve been supporting for over 40 years, you must have seen a lot worse than this. In fact, anyone who has been supporting for 4 years has seen a lot worse than this.

We were in League 1 not long ago and, whilst I''m very much against that being used to say "we should expect a thrashing, we were only in league 1 a few seasons ago, get some perspective", I do think that in terms of actually doing something else instead of supporting City, that is definitely worth taking into account.

And if it''s the fact that you don''t like being thrashed week in week out, well look at the Spurs game, or the West Ham game or the QPR game. Or if you want to be a massive cynic, then why not enjoy your time in the prem before relegation? Personally, even if I knew we were 100% guaranteed to lose 10-0 every week, I''d rather go and watch the likes of Mata, Torres, Rooney, Van Persie et al strut their stuff than go for a walk in a park....

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]

"There''s good and bad to everything, i would suggest a parochial thinker would only see any good in one side of something in this case the premier league, so i presume you are talking about yourself?"

Do you actually agree or disagree with my viewpoint? I was unable to comprehend your comment. Perhaps it was all too subtle for my limited thinking.

Re: "Parochial." Get your dictionary out.

[/quote]

I think you need the dictionary it means having a limited point of view and seeing as you''ve outlined an inability to see any thing of interest in playing in the championship it would suggest your viewpoint is the narrow one.

I have already outlined my viewpoints earlier in the thread, i want to stay in the premier league the point of sport is to try and be the best you can. But i have to say i enjoy elements of championship football, even if i get more satisfaction and pride from premier league wins.

I think you need the dictionary it means having a limited point of view and seeing as you''ve outlined an inability to see any thing of interest in playing in the championship it would suggest your viewpoint is the narrow one.

I have already outlined my viewpoints earlier in the thread, i want to stay in the premier league the point of sport is to try and be the best you can. But i have to say i enjoy elements of championship football, even if i get more satisfaction and pride from premier league wins.

That dear sir is completely and utterly untrue. If you want to manufacture my opinions to suit your case, then fair enough. Example please. I extolled the value of our existence in the Premiership by comparison, that was it.

The Championship is fine, but I give me the Premiership any day.

Excuse me ting tong, but read the posts please, myself and many others are not your so called plastic fans, we have supported our club through thick and thin, and dipped our hands in our pockets to help the club through much leaner times than you will ever know - please have some respect for us older folk, who kept this club alive so you can watch them now,

[quote user="City 2nd"]Excuse me ting tong, but read the posts please, myself and many others are not your so called plastic fans, we have supported our club through thick and thin, and dipped our hands in our pockets to help the club through much leaner times than you will ever know - please have some respect for us older folk, who kept this club alive so you can watch them now,[/quote]

I remember two old boys walking around the touchline at half-time with a blanket that fans were supposed to throw coins into. It was that bad. I threw nothing, as I was skint too.

Now we are being sued for two million by a jumped up Glaswegian. 

"That dear sir is completely and utterly untrue. If you want to manufacture my opinions to suit your case, then fair enough. Example please. I extolled the value of our existence in the Premiership by comparison, that was it.

The Championship is fine, but I give me the Premiership any day."

Your post was insulting to people with a different point of view from your own by suggesting they were narrow minded and small thinking for even comprehending that the championship has some things to offer that the premier league doesnt, emphasised by your comment about the only hightlight being the Ipswich game.

I havent seen many people saying they would wholeheartedly prefer playing in the championship, but it''s something that we are likely to have to face again in the future at some point with the way the premier league is set up, i for one will be gutted but it''s not the end of the world either.

[quote user="Yellowbeagle"]

"That dear sir is completely and utterly untrue. If you want to manufacture my opinions to suit your case, then fair enough. Example please. I extolled the value of our existence in the Premiership by comparison, that was it.

Your post was insulting to people with a different point of view from your own by suggesting they were narrow minded and small thinking for even comprehending that the championship has some things to offer that the premier league doesnt, emphasised by your comment about the only hightlight being the Ipswich game.

I havent seen many people saying they would wholeheartedly prefer playing in the championship, but it''s something that we are likely to have to face again in the future at some point with the way the premier league is set up, i for one will be gutted but it''s not the end of the world either.

[/quote] 

Don''t be so bloody silly. This is a football forum for God''s sake.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"][quote user="Yellowbeagle"]

[/quote] 

Don''t be so bloody silly. This is a football forum for God''s sake.

[/quote]

Touch a nerve? You said what you wanted I''ve said what i wanted, it''s a football forum after all.

Whilst I''m not particularly loving this season, surely it has to be better than anything under Messrs Hamilton, Grant, late Worthington, Gunn and Roeder?Now THOSE really were low points.

[quote user="Ting tong the plastics nemesis"]People on here seem to forget that we have had far more average/poor seasons than good. Support should be through thick and in. The plastic fans will disappear if we struggle all season. Some of us who were at the Paulton Rovers game realise what support truly means.

Let the plastics disappear I don''t care[/quote]We certainly have had far more average/poor seasons than good over the last 100-odd years. The complete fluke of my being born at the right time means I''ve been lucky enough to only see the last 45, so, apart from Cup runs, I''ve seen all the best times times at NCFC.There''s been some low moments for sure but I admit I''ve been spoilt. But even during those depressing periods I''ve always maintained a good interest each time we play even when I haven''t attended and I keep up with all the NCFC news on non-matchdays.This season has been hard work so far but I''m optimistic the manager and players can turn things round. Even if it doesn''t work out I know I''ll still turn out on matchdays. I did it in League One and enjoyed the season. Of course there was the novelty value and storming the League which always helps a bit !! Had we stayed in League One for several seasons I doubt I''d attend as many away games but I''m sure I''d never lose interest in NCFC completely.

Agreed all these people who are saying they have supported the club for 40 years, and have now had enough amazes !!

For one I could never have enough of playing , watching , or supporting Norwich and football as a whole.

The last 18 years of being being able to properly get behind Norwich these last 3 seasons have been amazing and the best I can remember.

My dads been watching 40 plus years like you lot. And if someone said to him ,well I am going stop supporting them and start going for walks as been losing a few games . I think he would think you''re insane as he for One would never give up supporting Norwich !!

Yeah this year we are struggling. But saying that we have been outclassed by Liverpool and Chelsea and Fulham. All 3 of them being well established sides.

We took the game to spurs were unlucky. And also should of beat qpr and west ham.

The breaks will start to come and if they don''t I for one with my dad will be renewing our season ticket , like the last 18 years !!