Sign in to follow this  
Vazzza

Was Garrido poor v Chelsea?

I wasn''t at the game, but from the highlights I have seen Garrido looked pretty poor. So more of a question, but was that Garrido''s second poor performance in a row?

The main reason I ask is because I thought Tierney was amazing last year before he got injured. Garrido looked a class act in his first 4-5 games, but vs Liverpool he wasn''t great, and from what I''ve seen he wasn''t great against Chelsea either. Has his head dropped already, or is he not good enough to play the top 4-6 clubs? If so, perhaps its time for Tierney to get a game and see if he can recapture last years form, or failing that, it''ll at least give Garrido a kick up the back side to get him playing again.

Like I said, I''ve only seen highlights, so I''m hoping someone is going to tell me he had a great game other than being very sloppy to give Chelsea a breakaway resulting in a Chelsea goal...

I don''t think he was great. Mata was continuously getting himself is acres of space out on the right touchline and was then being picked out by others with diagonal balls from their left. In fairness the three behind the striker were rotating so much it was probably hard for our defenders to know who to pick up but it happened far to often for my liking as it was clearly their game plan to keep moving us around until they could get him free out there.

[quote user="Vazzza"]

Tierney was amazing last year before he got injured. [/quote]

He did alright last season but "amazing" he was not.

Garrido has a bit more intelligence and quality on the ball whereas Tierney is more crash, bang, wallop.

If results don''t improve then I''d expect Tierney to be given another chance.

Garrido played very much towards the centre giving mata loads of space. Which led to the cross for the first goal and quite a lot of pressure otherwise. I don''t know we he dropped off him so deep. Aside from that I wouldn''t say he had a bad game but then none of our back 4 really impressed

His worst performances have been against the best opposition. I''d expect pretty much every left back to struggle with the likes of Mata, Hazard and Oscar, and Liverpool played extremely well also.Realistically you need a world class left back to handle world class opposition, and Garrido isn''t world class - but he is more than good enough for the majority of players he''ll come up against.Don''t judge him against the superstars, but against the usual quality he''ll face each week.

What a stupidly reasonable post.  Stop it.[quote user="Indy_Bones"]His worst performances have been against the best opposition. I''d expect pretty much every left back to struggle with the likes of Mata, Hazard and Oscar, and Liverpool played extremely well also.Realistically you need a world class left back to handle world class opposition, and Garrido isn''t world class - but he is more than good enough for the majority of players he''ll come up against.Don''t judge him against the superstars, but against the usual quality he''ll face each week.[/quote]

[quote user="Indy_Bones"]His worst performances have been against the best opposition. I''d expect pretty much every left back to struggle with the likes of Mata, Hazard and Oscar, and Liverpool played extremely well also.

Realistically you need a world class left back to handle world class opposition, and Garrido isn''t world class - but he is more than good enough for the majority of players he''ll come up against.

Don''t judge him against the superstars, but against the usual quality he''ll face each week.
[/quote]

Exactly. Pretty sure if you head down to Carrow Road you''ll be able to find Marc Tierney still trying to catch up with Theo Walcott''s shadow.