Sign in to follow this  
Indy

Why the call to get rid of Hughton? Who is there that can make a difference?

I know there are a lot on here who keep going on about Hughton, some reserved judgement, the majority were really pleased, I ws one who could see the potential but had my doubts because of his lack of experience at premeirship level as a managaer and as a manager in general.

But I can''t blame Hughton on his own for this poor start, his backroom staff never filled me with any confidence given who they were and their negative styles. Maybe Hughton should think of replacing Calderwwod and Trollope both rather negative in style and no real top class coaching in their history.

Not sure why we paid 2 million for them three as on paaper their management is very thin for this level of football and it shows.

But my question is who the heck would we get in, Harry? Holloway? not many class managers out there who I would like to come in.

People talked about Malkey and I for one would love Malkey here, his style would suite our club, but again where is the experience?

So in all reality i think we will see Hughton here for at least this season, but I would encourage Mr Hughton to take a look at maybe bringing someone else on baord to bolster his staff withpremiership coaching expenrience.

Give it another 5 games and see where we are but fot now we need Hughton to react and use his connections to re-inforce or improve on the coaching at this club, it''s shocking that a side can look good in some games and so poor in others, something isn''t right behind the scenes.

Like I said I''m not suprised that we are where we are as we have a very inexperienced management team. IMO

[quote user="Indy"]

I know there are a lot on here who keep going on about Hughton, some reserved judgement, the majority were really pleased, I ws one who could see the potential but had my doubts because of his lack of experience at premeirship level as a managaer and as a manager in general.

But I can''t blame Hughton on his own for this poor start, his backroom staff never filled me with any confidence given who they were and their negative styles. Maybe Hughton should think of replacing Calderwwod and Trollope both rather negative in style and no real top class coaching in their history.

Not sure why we paid 2 million for them three as on paaper their management is very thin for this level of football and it shows.

But my question is who the heck would we get in, Harry? Holloway? not many class managers out there who I would like to come in.

People talked about Malkey and I for one would love Malkey here, his style would suite our club, but again where is the experience?

So in all reality i think we will see Hughton here for at least this season, but I would encourage Mr Hughton to take a look at maybe bringing someone else on baord to bolster his staff withpremiership coaching expenrience.

Give it another 5 games and see where we are but fot now we need Hughton to react and use his connections to re-inforce or improve on the coaching at this club, it''s shocking that a side can look good in some games and so poor in others, something isn''t right behind the scenes.

Like I said I''m not suprised that we are where we are as we have a very inexperienced management team. IMO

[/quote]

I agree with that statement.  From my point of view, that also includes Hughton.  From your point of view Hughton will not get rid of Calderwood or Trollope and he will not undermine them by bringing in someone else.

I know it''s not the answer you want, but it''s the board''s job to recognise when something needs changing and when and also who the replacement would be.

IMHO, keep Hughton and we''re definitely going down.  Who should replace him?  That''s not my job. 

But equally you cannot just say if some fans cannot come up with the name of a replacement who sounds both realistic and like they would be a decent aquisition then we should just plod blindly along with Hughton, in que sera sera fashion as there isn''t a realistic alternative who may do better.

To be honest, Redknapp is the only available manager I can think of who''d be worth sacking Hughton for.

But have no idea how much he''d want to be paid, probably too much (or at least too much so we''d have to take a chunk out of the remaining transfer budget, and not be able to afford a striker in Jan). And would he even want to come here anyway? His wife didn''t want him to take the England job because of location, Norwich isn''t exactly close to the south coast...

People like Malky, Holloway. What would be the point? Holloway might get us playing free flowing attacking football, score a few goals, win a few games. But essentially we''ll concede more than we score and lose more than we win and probably go down. And Malky has no experience at this level, so no reason as to why we should sack our manager who at least knows the players here.

Hughton won''t be sacked this season I don''t think. I would imagine McNally and Bowkett knew the possibility of relegation this season was as likely if not more so than last season, and appointed a manager who would be happy to stay if we did go down.

After a run of games without a win its inevitable some fans are going to call for a change,  especially when the manner of some of the defeats have been disappointing.      CH and his team will, rightly, get more time but I am hoping to see some more fight from the team  - there has been precious little from any of the squad so far.

However the argument of who else is out there to justify no change is an irrelevant part of the argument.   McNally will already have a dossier of possible successors that he is monitoring and we probably could not guess many of the names on it.  That is just planning,  not wanting to remover CH.   

IF CH is not performing the we make a change - irrespective of who may or may not be available.

I sort of agree with GP that it would make sense to appoint a manager who would be prepared to stick with us if the unthinkable happened. In that respect, and if that was one of the criteria for appointing a new manager then they have probably got the right man. On the other hand that attitude of having relegation in mind does not square with the assertion given at the fans forum that we have to stay in the Premier League this season. A sort of failure is not an option stance. Therefore they might have to wield the axe if the trapdoor was looming and get rid of the man who might be happy to stick around. Would they stick or twist?As to who is available, well nobody much, you can forget ''arry, he''s well out of our league. Interestingly, some people were talking up Curbishley before Hughton was appointed, he has the experience!

[quote user="Gingerpele"]To be honest, Redknapp is the only available manager I can think of who''d be worth sacking Hughton for. But have no idea how much he''d want to be paid, probably too much (or at least too much so we''d have to take a chunk out of the remaining transfer budget, and not be able to afford a striker in Jan). And would he even want to come here anyway? His wife didn''t want him to take the England job because of location, Norwich isn''t exactly close to the south coast... People like Malky, Holloway. What would be the point? Holloway might get us playing free flowing attacking football, score a few goals, win a few games. But essentially we''ll concede more than we score and lose more than we win and probably go down. And Malky has no experience at this level, so no reason as to why we should sack our manager who at least knows the players here. Hughton won''t be sacked this season I don''t think. I would imagine McNally and Bowkett knew the possibility of relegation this season was as likely if not more so than last season, and appointed a manager who would be happy to stay if we did go down.[/quote]

But isn''t that already happening GP.

Just asking.

Hughton - 3draws = 3 ptsLambert - 1win 2draws = 5 ptsTwo managers having to cope with a completely new squad and a relatively short space of time in which to do so, the latter being our former Messiah who could do no wrong and working with better, international class players.I would also suggest Villa have had the easier run of fixtures so far, so why are we calling for the removal of Hughton?If Lambert was still with us and had acquired the same 3pts would we be calling for his removal? I doubt it.Looking at the alternative choices to take over at Carrow Road, I cannot see one outstanding candidate who would even consider coming here to work with peanuts.I was not a Hughton fan when hearing of his appointment, but we have to give the guy a break and some time to show what he can do.

The latter part is true Wiz, but were not playing free flowing attacking football.

We aren''t taking risks. Elliot Bennett is a prime example. I can only remember two examples of Bennett running at/past Cole. He was faster than him. But every other time he got the ball, he turned inside and passed to Howson, or back to Martin. He occasionally started a run, but no one tried the long through ball.

Hoolahan was the only one trying to be creative. Howson a couple of times in second half went on a bursting run, than ended with a short momentum killing ball. We lack a cutting edge, risk taking, passion.

Personally, if we try some risky things, have a few good chances, but actually try our best, using our best assets to score, but end up losing by 3 or 4 to Arsenal, i''ll be happy. Arsenal are looking very good upfront, but better in defence as well. So we might as well really go for it, because if we are too cautious, they still have the quality to keep us out and score a goal or two.

But I still wouldn''t recommend sacking Hughton. Think it would be stupid unless Redknapp wanted to come here.

Well, 5 is almost double the number of points Hughton has got us, a -6 GD as opposed to our -12, and Villa have a win under their belts against Swansea and one in the Cup at Man City. Much more grounds for optimism for them than us IMO who have not managed any wins against Prem sides.  

[quote user="paul moy"]Well, 5 is almost double the number of points Hughton has got us, a -6 GD as opposed to our -12, and Villa have a win under their belts against Swansea and one in the Cup at Man City. Much more grounds for optimism for them than us IMO who have not managed any wins against Prem sides.  [/quote]As I said, an easier run of fixtures so far - the Man City League Cup result is irrelevant, we could easily beat Spurs!

[quote user="Gingerpele"]The latter part is true Wiz, but were not playing free flowing attacking football. We aren''t taking risks. Elliot Bennett is a prime example. I can only remember two examples of Bennett running at/past Cole. He was faster than him. But every other time he got the ball, he turned inside and passed to Howson, or back to Martin. He occasionally started a run, but no one tried the long through ball. Hoolahan was the only one trying to be creative. Howson a couple of times in second half went on a bursting run, than ended with a short momentum killing ball. We lack a cutting edge, risk taking, passion. Personally, if we try some risky things, have a few good chances, but actually try our best, using our best assets to score, but end up losing by 3 or 4 to Arsenal, i''ll be happy. Arsenal are looking very good upfront, but better in defence as well. So we might as well really go for it, because if we are too cautious, they still have the quality to keep us out and score a goal or two. But I still wouldn''t recommend sacking Hughton. Think it would be stupid unless Redknapp wanted to come here.[/quote]

Blimey, Gingerpele. It sounds as if you''re at last being converted to how I''ve felt about Hughton since before the season started. No mention of shots on target nowadays, and apparent admission that Hughton''s setup has tended not to be adventurous. Holloway would get us more wins than Hughton, and that''s what counts in the Prem and could keep us up.  

[quote user="Orford65"][quote user="paul moy"]Well, 5 is almost double the number of points Hughton has got us, a -6 GD as opposed to our -12, and Villa have a win under their belts against Swansea and one in the Cup at Man City. Much more grounds for optimism for them than us IMO who have not managed any wins against Prem sides.  [/quote]

As I said, an easier run of fixtures so far - the Man City League Cup result is irrelevant, we could easily beat Spurs!
[/quote]

Do you think we''d have beaten Man City away even in the LC ?  I don''t. We had QPR and West Ham at home and at least one of those we should have pummelled to heavy defeat with a bit of adventure. Excuses will run out against Villa.

[quote user="Orford65"]Hughton - 3draws = 3 pts
Lambert - 1win 2draws = 5 pts

Two managers having to cope with a completely new squad and a relatively short space of time in which to do so, the latter being our former Messiah who could do no wrong and working with better, international class players.

I would also suggest Villa have had the easier run of fixtures so far, so why are we calling for the removal of Hughton?
If Lambert was still with us and had acquired the same 3pts would we be calling for his removal? I doubt it.

Looking at the alternative choices to take over at Carrow Road, I cannot see one outstanding candidate who would even consider coming here to work with peanuts.

I was not a Hughton fan when hearing of his appointment, but we have to give the guy a break and some time to show what he can do.

[/quote]

Spot on!!!

I''m not convinced that Norwich really looked at potential European

bosses in great detail, the whole appointment process seemed to me to be a bit rushed.

[quote user="JonnyH"]I''m not convinced that Norwich really looked at potential European

bosses in great detail, the whole appointment process seemed to me to be a bit rushed.[/quote]somebody, who shall remain nameless, told me that the club had already identified Hughton... he was the only person considered for the job. if he turned us down we''d have got Karl Robinson instead. I know nothing further than that but "Lambert-gate" from last week is very interesting to say the least....I posted something like this in the summer... another poster on here said something similar (One who has been right before)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="JonnyH"]I''m not convinced that Norwich really looked at potential European bosses in great detail, the whole appointment process seemed to me to be a bit rushed.
[/quote]

somebody, who shall remain nameless, told me that the club had already identified Hughton... he was the only person considered for the job. if he turned us down we''d have got Karl Robinson instead.

I know nothing further than that but "Lambert-gate" from last week is very interesting to say the least....

I posted something like this in the summer... another poster on here said something similar (One who has been right before)

[/quote]

Well, that only further reinforces my views on Lambert leaving and a clash of egos. 

[quote user="Ches right hand man "]May be he is too nice to the players, when some need a right good bollocking in the changing room? [/quote]Somebody told me that they had heard that Hughton although quiet spoken, can really turn on the rage when he needs to, and did so at Birmingham.

[quote user="zemas tendon"]

[quote user="Orford65"]Hughton - 3draws = 3 pts
Lambert - 1win 2draws = 5 pts

Two managers having to cope with a completely new squad and a relatively short space of time in which to do so, the latter being our former Messiah who could do no wrong and working with better, international class players.

I would also suggest Villa have had the easier run of fixtures so far, so why are we calling for the removal of Hughton?
If Lambert was still with us and had acquired the same 3pts would we be calling for his removal? I doubt it.

Looking at the alternative choices to take over at Carrow Road, I cannot see one outstanding candidate who would even consider coming here to work with peanuts.

I was not a Hughton fan when hearing of his appointment, but we have to give the guy a break and some time to show what he can do.

[/quote]

Spot on!!!

[/quote]

The blind leading the blind. 

Peanuts! lol.

Poor old Chris.  Never stood a chance eh?[:^)]

What on earth are you going on about Great News Greg, can you please explain each of your three statements?

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="JonnyH"]I''m not convinced that Norwich really looked at potential European

bosses in great detail, the whole appointment process seemed to me to be a bit rushed.[/quote]somebody, who shall remain nameless, told me that the club had already identified Hughton... he was the only person considered for the job. if he turned us down we''d have got Karl Robinson instead. I know nothing further than that but "Lambert-gate" from last week is very interesting to say the least....I posted something like this in the summer... another poster on here said something similar (One who has been right before)

[/quote]Sounds about right. I also think Hughton might have been told by McNally to say at his unveiling that he wanted Karsa and Culverhouse to remain at Norwich, as four months later we still don''t have this expanded coaching setup. I can''t say I''m a fan of all this macho management and spin coming from the Chief Exec.

[quote user="BWs Cat"]What happened GP? You''ve had a total U-bend.[/quote]

I''m glad somebody else has noticed the U. I had to double check the avatar and name spelling...... [:D]

How can one say the do not know who to replace hughton as it is not there job; it is also not your job to say he is the right/wrong man for the club. it works both ways, if you''re going to say we should sack him, you should be prepared to come up with a REALISTIC replacement.