Sign in to follow this  
BIC

Fleming, I hope......

I hope that''s the last time I have to see you gaping open-mouthed while someone rises unchallenged to head the ball into the net. Is that too much to ask...?Apart from that - I was very proud for a while. Shackell was good, even Fleming looked alright for most of the game.We might be down, but we''re not out.OTBC

not rested, dropped. we really need to get him out of there. doc and shac will have the height, both good in the air, and are good players. and they are both young. (even tho doc looks over 30!)

I think that''s what''s irritating me about this evening. Chelsea''s goals weren''t good goals, we gave them away cheaply. How Joe Cole - Joe Cole, for goodness sake! - could outtackle Edworthy for our first goal is beyond belief. The second goal was a gift and, as for the third, my girls'' football team defends corners better than that. Fleming didn''t get to within a yard of the player he was meant to be marking and his feet didn''t even leave the floor to jump for it. Greeno should have come the 4 or 5 yards off his line to claim it anyway. In contrast, our goal at least combined a good move with a great cross from Hucks and a great header by Leon.

Can''t disagree with either of you there. Fleming had the old deer in the headlights look. I was always taught at school that when the ball coming in from a corner comes near you, you go and attack it. It was very much a case of "ooops I can''t get this" followed by "oh damn I hope Holty can".Sorry but I think Doherty needs a go in there along side Shackell. I thought Shackell was brilliant. A Captain in the making there....

[quote]I dont mean to have a go at the players but i have seen those headers so many times. I think it should be clear to Worthy that Flem needs to be rested.[/quote]

It has been clear to many of us that Fleming should have been rested several months ago, unfortunately Worthy and his coaching staff seem to think he is playing well.  Once again yesterday he was the first to have a go at young Shackell when he made a rare mistake.  I guess Fleming believes that if he has a go at those around him, hopefully nobody will see how crap he is playing himself.

Got to agree Flem has been a rock in our defence for the last few years and a top bloke of the pitch also , but he is now the weak link in the defence he,s the only one who worthy hasnt dropped this season. Last night he completely lost his man for the third  chelsea goal how many times this season .On the plus point i thought Shackell marshalled Drogba well he made him look ordinary so we should stick with him as he is the future of the club, and try Charlton along side him for the next few games.People phoneing in on radio norfolk were asking the wisdom now of not having malky still at the club, yes he would  of been more of a presence airialy but he would have been crusified in open play .SO be brave Worthy its time to give Shackell an extended run and drop Flem OTBC

Carvahlo did not even have to lose his man, Fleming simply wandered off. He then compounded his mistake by not jumping for the ball to put off any attacker behind him. Edworthy should have stayed on his feet and made a block tackle.

why hasnt he been dropped?

he is clearly the weak link. Maybe Worthy doesnt have it in him to drop flem after he has played almost every match for the past few years

[quote]not rested, dropped. we really need to get him out of there. doc and shac will have the height, both good in the air, and are good players. and they are both young. (even tho doc looks over 30!)[/quote]

Dont care whether he is dropped or ''rested'' - as long as he doesnt play another game for us again this season.  Charlie and Doc have both been consistently better - Charlie one of the few candidates for player of the season before being played at right back - as big a managerial goof as playing andy johnson as a right winger..

I have lost count of the number of times flem has simply stood and watched as his poor positioning allows an opponent a clear chance at goal and/or turns round and points a finger at a colleague (stuart was sats recipient), mainly charlie who crime us usually to be performing better...

OTBC