Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays funds for The Academy with the Pink un Pickers

Greetings PUPs and welcome to week 8 of Rays Funds. This week we have one of our longest serving PUPs Hissing Sid in charge and making the final selections. Now Sid has been a really consistent picker over the years and has already selected 5 winning picks this season. Those of you who know Sid will agree with me that he’s a top bloke and great company. With Chelle he presented last season’s cheque to Ricky Martin last month and it pleased me no end that he was there. You could see how pleased Sid was too and I know how much it would mean to him to get his name on Ray’s signature this weekend. We can all help him by giving him the very best ammunition to get the six results. Don’t forget for Sid to be able to select your pick it must be listed on the Bet365 web site.

I’m sure we’ll soon put last weeks disappointment behind us. NCFCStar didn’t stand a chance because it was one of those weeks where there were just too many upsets. Let’s just focus on the fact that we have already won twice this season and have banked £72.55 towards next year’s academy presentation.

Even though FONCY has come to an end the web site is still active with John Landamore’s U18 match reports which can also be found on the EDP web site. I like to keep and eye on our U18 games and to see who’s scoring or looking to be a good prospect. I noticed in John’s report of last week’s game Ray Grant son of Peter Grant came on as a sub. Now I think Ray is from a younger group so he must be progressing well and if he is as good as his dad us PUPs could be helping to develop a real star.

http://foncy.co.uk/cms/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=38&Itemid=57

So now Ill hand the thread over to Hissing Sid. Remember theres no pressure because we are all going to be doing our best to help you get your name in the Rays Funds Hall of Fame. We all stand together with the single aim of raising money for our great clubs academy.

Good luck all you PUPs... Take it away Ian ... the free bet is yours....... [:)]...............

As always I leave you with Rays signature which now reads :-

Carve their names with pride.Yankee,4,Fellas,3,P''boro,2,Mr Chops,2,NewYork, Inch High,3, Blahblahblah, NCFC_Shaun, 1st Wazzock,2, Fonejacker,3, Norfolkbroadslim, Norfolkchance1, Scooby,3, Trent Canary, Cosmic Twin, Graham Humphrey, Leedscanary, NcfcStar, Herman, Delia’s Devonshire Dirtbox, Lappinitup, Statto, Mandie Moo yes Norfolkchance1 £1727 for the Academy,so far.

A very good evening to you Nutty,the very best of luck to you Hissing Sid and to all you other PUPs out there.

Off to the land of the wooden shoes this week and a sunday game.

A HOME WIN please for PSV v NAC Breda.

Greetings PUPs. Well, here goes then. Thanks for the intro Nutty, it is an honour to be asked to select the "big 6" this week and something I''m really looking forward to.

I don''t have any real strategy to play, each and every suggestion will be considered.

My pick this week will be from Portugal

Braga v Olhanense - Home Win.

Best of luck to all you PUPs.

Let the games begin...

Germany as well please,2nd division though.

ENERGIE COTTBUS         V         msv duisburg             HOME WIN

5-2-0        +8                                       0-1-6          -14

Good luck Hissing Sid and all PUPS[Y]

A Swiss, Sunday offering from me this week:

FC BASEL (3-2-0 11-4)  -v- Servette FC (0-0-6 3-15)

Good Luck Sid and all you Lovely PUPs[:)]

Chelsea vs Norwich .... HOME WIN!That way, either way I am happy (well, I''d rather Norwich get something. [:P] but you know what I mean!)Good luck Ian!

Portugal for me this week and a home win for Braga against Olhanense.
Good luck Sid and all you PUP''s

I can see Man City thrashing Sunderland this week, they''ve not been on top of their game. Only 1 point in two games in the CL, and looking miles behind Chelsea in the league. Sunderland are doing well, but to be honest I wouldn''t be surprised to see Man.C score 3 or 4 goals against them, probably without reply.

Man.C vs Sunderland- Home win.

Good luck :)

Many of Europe''s top sides playing two games in four days so I have ignored those ones and gone to Sweden who are on the home straight in their league. Hacken are sitting in second place and have a home game against Syrianska who are 4th bottom. Hacken''s home record is W8 D2 L2 F37 A15 while Syrianska are W4 D1 L7 F12 A16 away from home. Whilst that''s not the worst away record I think Hacken will have too much fire power for them as they average 3 goals per game at home.

BK Hacken                   v                  Syrianska FC                   Home Win

Good luck Sid. Finding winners is the name of the game and I hope I don''t let you down if you take a chance on me[;)]

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Portugal for me this week please, and Benfica to beat Beira Mar.

Good luck!

[/quote]

I normally avoid teams that have played midweek, but Benfica''s game was on Tuesday, and at home, so no travelling involved. So:

Benfica to win at home against Beira Mar.

Good luck to all!

League Two this week where Oxford Utd (3-0-2-9-9) entertain leaders Gillingham (5-0-0-10-3). Oxford scraped a 3-2 home win against a poor Wimbledon side in their last game after losing their previous six games. Gills impressive away form and league position suggests they''ll have to much about them for Oxford. Oxford Utd v Gillingham........Away win.Good luck Sidney. [Y]

Keep them coming boys and girls. Some good ones so far, the 6 is starting to take shape, although it''ll change countless times before tomorrow.

I''ll be posting the final 6 tomorrow evening, so as I say, keep em coming.

Come on ladies and gents, poor old Hissing Sid will want to be making his selection in 24 hours or less, we can give him a few more options can''t we?

After all of the doom and gloom after our ''stuffing'' against Liverpool I really fancy us to get a point from Chelsea. They were away in champs league action this week.

Chelsea vs Norwich Draw.

I''m going for a home win for Molde v. Sandnes Ulf.

Molde are W11 D0 L1 F27 A14 at home and Sandnes are W2 D2 L7 F15 A28 away.

Good Luck, Hssing Sid!

Good Luck Ian - Hissing Sid you are a Legend.Every single away game I have been to I somehow end up up bumping into Ian and Chelle - you always stop for chat and am proud to consider you a friend.Connahs Quay v THE NEW SAINTS - AWAY WIN in the Welsh Premiership.Leedscanary