Sign in to follow this  
Chelmsford Canary

Tettey

The writer thought it was Tettey and not Barnett who headed the ball down for Holt to score, so I''m not sure I trust their overall judgement of a player they were clearly confusing for another.

[quote user="Chelmsford Canary"]

http://www.therationalpie.com/chelsea-v-norwich-review-the-blue-authority/

The above review describes Tettey as "the worst player on the pitch with his wayward passing and aimless shooting."

anyone else think this is incredibly harsh?

[/quote]I think it''s only slightly harsh at best.Hopefully it''s down to a lack of match sharpness/fitness, but I wasn''t overly impressed with his performance.  I''m perfectly willing to give him a couple of games before writing him off, but IMO he needs to show significant improvement all-round (particularly technically) if he is to maintain a starting berth ahead of others such as Fox/Johnson/Howson. 

To be honest, I can see him very easily becoming another Gary Holt.

I think he''s impressed most Norwich fans because of his covering every inch of the pitch. Its partly why Holt will always be more popular than Morison, even if Holt doesn''t score another goal this season and Moro scores 10.

Tettey could be a decent footballer, but I did think after the Donny game when everyone else was praising him with no negative points, that his passing wasn''t that spectacular. His shot was great, but were any of his others on target? Its nice to have someone who is willing to shoot, but we were only playing Doncaster and most of his shots weren''t great.

He also fell into the same trap as the rest of our team, and didn''t get stuck in most of the time. When he did, he won the ball, and he was good at keeping it and bursting forwards. I''m really hoping he will improve as his fitness and match practise advances, as well as getting used to English football and his new team. As some of his play is very promising.

Genuinely thought he was promising. Bit hyper, almost like a man unleashed and not always thinking straight but looked like he could become a midfield asset - had a real presence about him and was desperate to do well.

Of course he could just get worse as well but I reckon we''ll see him play more games than Johnson by the end of the season.

Imo he would give the team that bit of extra pace and mobility in midfield that we badly need.   Someone who will not let forwards turn him so easily as Johnson does sometimes.   Agile and  quick.  Good assets for the premiership.   I can see Tetty and Howson doing well in central midfield and have two from Pilks/Benno/Snodgrass/Surman/Butterfield on the left and right.   We need a consistent pair in front of the defence imo - Tetty and Howson could be that pair.

Every time someone suggests a team without super BJ in it, I die a little inside. I hope you can all deal with that on your conscience.

It''s a load of ol'' tripe! I didn''t bother with anymore after reading that Holty''s finish was world class. I mean IFLGH but if that finish was world class then some of his better ones are solarsystem class.

I thought Tetty looked massively out of his depth to be honest. The things he did well were very simple short passes that a decent Sunday league player is capable of.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

It''s a load of ol'' tripe! I didn''t bother with anymore after reading that Holty''s finish was world class. I mean IFLGH but if that finish was world class then some of his better ones are solarsystem class.

[/quote]

You do realise that his goal against Liverpool was so out of this world that they have sent a DVD of it up into space with extra rocket fuel hoping to send it out as far as possible and then start broadcasting it as a deterrant to aggressive aliens don''t you?

In fact Holt in general is so highly revered that they are thinking of including him in the next Avengers movie just because he is so utterly galaxy class.

If he is luckly he will also get his pluck little side-kick Wes. The film is due to feature Roeder as the arch enemy trying to plot the downfall of all known civilisation by teaming up with some unstoppable force of alien octo-men.

[quote user="Canariesworld"]I thought Tetty looked massively out of his depth to be honest. The things he did well were very simple short passes that a decent Sunday league player is capable of.[/quote]Kevin Phillips was a decent Sunday league player...what happened to him i wonder...