Sign in to follow this  
Taxing

How can I permanently remove my details from this MB ?

i.e. at the moment, when I log out my boss can come onto my computer when I am not in the office, log in by entering my email address and clicking on "forgot my password" and then wait for the email password, log on and see my user name and how often and when I visit this MB. So, I want to log out permanently - how do I do this ?

[quote user="Raking"]i.e. at the moment, when I log out my boss can come onto my computer when I am not in the office, log in by entering my email address and clicking on "forgot my password" and then wait for the email password, log on and see my user name and how often and when I visit this MB. So, I want to log out permanently - how do I do this ?[/quote]Lol, and now he''ll read this.When you click "log in" it takes you to a box where you enter your email addy and password. In that box theres a little box saying something like "remember me"Untick this.Wait, your boss has access to your email account?

Also incidently, I''ve never used the ''forgotten password'' option on this forum, but if it really sends you your current password instead of resetting it to a random password, then the forum database must be storing unhashed plaintext passwords, which is a pretty stupid thing to do security wise.

[quote user="Infidel Castro"]Also incidently, I''ve never used the ''forgotten password'' option on this forum, but if it really sends you your current password instead of resetting it to a random password, then the forum database must be storing unhashed plaintext passwords, which is a pretty stupid thing to do security wise.[/quote]It doesn''t,[;)] it sends it to his gaffer

You should use "InPrivate" browsing if using IE, I think its called Incognito on Chrome. This way even if you have the box ticked it doesn''t remember detials anyway, and will stop you leaving a trail.

For now though, just clear your cookies and web history. Should then clear it all I believe.

Legend of a thread by the way! I''m constantly using this board on a tiny window to ensure I can still work and keep track of the goings on. The best part of this is I can''t actually see who wrote a post without scrolling across, stops me judging a post before I''ve even read it. I have some interesting surprises reading a post and thinking it was actually very insightful, to find its a poster I''d normally skip past expecting it to be trollop.

[quote user="Infidel Castro"]Also incidently, I''ve never used the ''forgotten password'' option on this forum, but if it really sends you your current password instead of resetting it to a random password, then the forum database must be storing unhashed plaintext passwords, which is a pretty stupid thing to do security wise.[/quote]It resets your password, helpfully to one that doesn''t work usually...

[quote user="Vazzza"]You should use "InPrivate" browsing if using IE, I think its called Incognito on Chrome. This way even if you have the box ticked it doesn''t remember detials anyway, and will stop you leaving a trail.

For now though, just clear your cookies and web history. Should then clear it all I believe.

Legend of a thread by the way! I''m constantly using this board on a tiny window to ensure I can still work and keep track of the goings on. The best part of this is I can''t actually see who wrote a post without scrolling across, stops me judging a post before I''ve even read it. I have some interesting surprises reading a post and thinking it was actually very insightful, to find its a poster I''d normally skip past expecting it to be trollop.[/quote]

I reckon that''s a good game Vaz [:D]

errrrrr.... why would your boss do this?

why does your "boss" have access to your email account?

are you really your own boss? and you are worried you might (pretending to be yourself) access your email account, change the password, access the messageboard, check out how much time you spend on here, call you into your office and then (with a witness present - also you) discipline you?

you should remind yourself of your responsibilities/rights as employee/employer...

maybe it is someone at the training ground ? lol

Chris hughton is checking on the site for clues how to get out of this mess , but found that a player had been complaining under a different username !

( this is meant for a joke ! )

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]just change your password and log out..stuffs Boss man right up the arris then doesnt it!

[/quote]

Nope, it doesn''t. The email address I use is my company email address, that was my mistake in the first place. Therefore, when I am not in the office other people use my computer and view my company emails. If I forget to delete my browsing history then other people can see what sites I have been on including this MB. Even if I log out somebody else can log in by entering my email address and clicking "forgotten my password" - a new password is automatically then sent which you copy and paste and succesfully log on and reveal your user name.

I saw that Sports Desk Pete posted a message on this thread - if he reads this perhaps he would be so kind as to contact me direct.

Why not instal a seperate browser (Like safari?) and use that for your web browsing with privacy mode on.

Delete it from the desktop icons and start menu, and run it by going through program files folder etc? No one will know it''s there then, and if they do they can''t trace your history.

However, end of the day you shouldn''t be on the net too much when you should be working and if you''re abusing it you will get caught - if you''re networked it''s quite simple to read a log of someone''s internet usage without even touching their computer.

Just visit the site when you''re at home.

[quote user="Skijumptoes"]Why not instal a seperate browser (Like safari?) and use that for your web browsing with privacy mode on.

Delete it from the desktop icons and start menu, and run it by going through program files folder etc? No one will know it''s there then, and if they do they can''t trace your history.

However, end of the day you shouldn''t be on the net too much when you should be working and if you''re abusing it you will get caught - if you''re networked it''s quite simple to read a log of someone''s internet usage without even touching their computer.

Just visit the site when you''re at home.[/quote]

Thanks Skijumptoes. I would still prefer to remove all record of my company email address and start again using my personal email address. I take your point regarding work but I don''t spend too much time on here during working hours and then only when it''s quiet.

What I did was -

Click on username at top of page, changed private email address to my personal one, then changed password underneath my avatar.

I still log in with the original email address but all the pm''s and reset passwords and stuff now come to my personal email

Hope this helps!

Leedscanary

Sorry[:$]5 h1t [:S]  Just emailed you re your boss spying on your Pink''un.  Ball locks, didn''t think.  Hope you don''t get into trouble over it.

Do what Leeds said ^

So sorry[:$][:S]

[quote user="aLeedscanary"]What I did was -

Click on username at top of page, changed private email address to my personal one, then changed password underneath my avatar.

I still log in with the original email address but all the pm''s and reset passwords and stuff now come to my personal email

Hope this helps!

Leedscanary[/quote]

Sounds good, thanks very much. I will try what you suggest over the weekend.