Sign in to follow this  
Yellow Messiah

Are you going to clap Lambert?

Oh look reded, here''s mum doing the weekly shop. By the look of it she''s a wannabe cockernee west ham supporter innit...

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Oh look reded, here''s mum doing the weekly shop. By the look of it she''s a wannabe cockernee west ham supporter innit...

[/quote]

Looks to me like the back of the stand at Portaloo Rd.....

On closer inspection its Delia on her daily trip to the bottle bank, lets be avin you, as the west london cockney boys sang "we have a billionaire you have a drunken mare"

I see the "happy clappers" have returned

"I''d hate for my fellow travelling supporters to let themselves down by showing animosity to the man, who has had a major hand in an unbelievable few seasons for us.

I will be eternally grateful for the most recent 3 chapters of our footballing history. I hope this is reflected by our greeting of Lambert on Saturday."

Hopefully it will be hard to hear a single pair of clapping hands amongst the chants of Judas from the 90% of away fans.

[quote user="Yellow Messiah"]

Hopefully it will be hard to hear a single pair of clapping hands amongst the chants of Judas from the 90% of away fans.

[/quote]

Why would you though?   In what possible way does it help our team if you give in to your prejudice against Lambert?   The best way to get our team to focus on the job at hand is to forget Lambert and shout out for Hughton.............unless you''re more interested in your own egotistical feelings of having been rejected by Lambert  than you are the well being of the team.    

The more people have a go at Lambert - the more it plays into the hands of the opposition.   Is that what you want?  

LDC has a point, its bubblegum psychology but by chanting "Judas" at him all your really doing is highlighting the fact that he betrayed us and you are hurt by that. If he actually cared he wouldn''t have left! so its all fairly pointless. All your actually doing is utilising your opportunity to face your betrayer and tell him how you feel. The chances are, he doesn''t give a sh@t!

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="reded"]I am, nice one PL, oh dear no more heroes any more!!! rip down his statue and replace it with one of Chase, at least you knew he was doing you over, going down city!!!![/quote]and we will still be a league higher than you! talking of stars.. Uruguay have 2 on their shirts.. England 1. which is the better footballing nation?[/quote]Uruguay?

[quote user="Monty"]LDC has a point, its bubblegum psychology but by chanting "Judas" at him all your really doing is highlighting the fact that he betrayed us and you are hurt by that. If he actually cared he wouldn''t have left! so its all fairly pointless. All your actually doing is utilising your opportunity to face your betrayer and tell him how you feel. The chances are, he doesn''t give a sh@t!      [/quote]

Good post[Y]

Also the fact that we will sound like the Colchester fans by booing him, is reason enough to clap him.

Loved him while he was Norwich manager,now its Chrissy Hughtons Green N Yelow Army, Will defo give Lambert a wave when ( if) we beat um Saturday OTBC

So you wouldn''t move jobs for more money or a better opportunity of getting an even better job down the line? It may or may not work out for him but it doesn''t concern us, what concern us is this club and getting behind our manager and the one after that. If Hughton does well here we no he''ll leave to do bigger better things right? thats life these things happen, we''ll we all just got to enjoy the time we''ve had. Clap Paul Lambert for the achievements and miracle he has preformed here and then get behind our boys and tern into Aston villa like any other away team would do ! :) as long as we clap first then the abuse can happen ;)

My Prediction:

Claps from the Jarrold and N&P

Silence and some boos from the Barclay and City Stand

Boos from the Snake Pit

Personally I am looking forward to the "sacked in the morning" chant when we inevitably go ahead. 

[quote user="Yellow Messiah"]

My Prediction:

Claps from the Jarrold and N&P

Silence and some boos from the Barclay and City Stand

Boos from the Snake Pit

Personally I am looking forward to the "sacked in the morning" chant when we inevitably go ahead. 

[/quote]

Sounds about spot on. G

Lambert statiscally is the 6th worst manager in Villa history with a win ratio of 31.25 while Hughton is already the 6th best with a 42.5 ratio%.

How lucky were we to get rid of Paul "Judas" Lambert.

spot on regarding the claps a few posts up.

my opinion we would not be where we are without paul lambert however he said long gone and we have moved on to better things. i will not clap or boo just cheers the lads on to beat him - that will be better than any boo''s